Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
It seems to me no matter the subject that is speaking of God and his word, you are always, always, looking for some way to find fault and some mistake that you think God has made. Wow!!!!!
All I am saying is that I think you are mistaken - excessively negative - in what you are asserting about "man". Surely in this forum, I am entitled - and supposed - to voice disagreement if I want or feel the need to?

e

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
May I ask why you are giving Christianity much more credit and what you are giving it credit for?
i went through a rough patch and found in such circumstances christians can be very good people. if you ever end up homeless you quickly find out how important christians and christian charities are.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
Yes I am utterly serious. Most people [b]not have a "sad view of right and wrong" and do not have an "inability to discern between the two". What is the validity or purpose of your generalization about the nature of "man"?[/b]
One could also have an unrealistic positive view of man and not see the reality of the world around them and the wisdom of what the bible says and completely not see the truth it speaks of.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
All I am saying is that I think you are mistaken - excessively negative - in what you are asserting about "man". Surely in this forum, I am entitled - and supposed - to voice disagreement if I want or feel the need to?
I'm not speaking of myself. I am speaking about God and his word the Bible that you are intent of finding fault with.

F

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

I'm not speaking of myself. I am speaking about God and his word the Bible that you are intent of finding fault with.
You are propagating views on "man" here on a public forum. I don't really care whether you got them from a book or from a bumper sticker. What data have you got that supports your depiction of people's concept of right and wrong?

F

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

One could also have an unrealistic positive view of man and not see the reality of the world around them and the wisdom of what the bible says and completely not see the truth it speaks of.
Are you saying most people you know do not have the ability to tell the difference between right and wrong? I can't say that because it simply isn't true about most people I konw and have known. I am more positive about people because of my experience, and what I see around me, and who I know. What percentage of mankind would you reckon does not have the ability to tell the difference between right and wrong?

w

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Could you dial it back a bit, Mr. Oh-So-Much-Holier-Than-Thou?

Answer me this. Would Jesus openly berate this man and send him packing?

I doubt it.

Just think about that.
No, he would probably send him to go marry his gay friend or something. 😛

e

Moves
04 Feb 13
2 edits

every one is going on about the christian / gay thing ... i wonder sometimes that some christians don't appreciate there is a degree of homophobia in 'gay' people too. its not like the adam n steve point is lost on us. i can tolerate christians saying its sinful to an extent, but not campaigning against them, that is bullying in my book.

also i do understand that 'gay christian' is a bit of an oxymoron, basing ones identity on sexuality in a kinda g a y way isnt really relevant to Christianity.

i do really hate that lewes bonfire though. in terms of entertainment its on a par with badger baiting, they burnt a gypsy carravan .. as well as the pope a few years ago.

w

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by e4chris
i went through a rough patch and found in such circumstances christians can be very good people. if you ever end up homeless you quickly find out how important christians and christian charities are.
Nonesense, that is why we have the nanny state.

Don't tell me that we need faith based charities as well.

e

Moves
04 Feb 13

no you really do ... if there is a homeless hostel, you can bet it will be christian, or set up by christians,

w

Moves
04 Feb 13

every one is going on about the christian / gay thing ... i wonder sometimes that some christians don't appreciate that there is a degree of homophobia in 'gay' people too. its not like the adam n steve point is lost on us. i can tolerate christians saying its sinful to an extent, but not campaigning against them, that is bullying in my book.

also i do u ...[text shortened]... ar with badger baiting, they burnt a gypsy carravan .. as well as the pope a few years ago.
I am not the type to bash gays over the head with their sin. In fact, Jesus did not take this approach with anyone......except the religious leaders, so why should I?

Instead, Jesus introduces us into the "light" and expects those that represent him to show this light. In doing so, we then see our "darkness". The only question becomes, do we love the light enough to want to fight the darkness within us, whatever it may be?

Jesus once said that whoever loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and whoever loves his own life more than me is not worthy of me. So what if God asked you to sacrifice your sexual urges? Would that be enough to walk away? I know many Catholics feel as though God has asked them to sacrifice their sexual urges.

Of course, the question becomes is God asking you to do this? That is for you to decide. Just be honest in approaching it and willing to do as he wills.

w

Moves
04 Feb 13

no you really do ... if there is a homeless hostel, you can bet it will be christian, or set up by christians,
That was a bit of sarcasm.

In my view, the Christian faith is the only reason we have charity in this world. Before Christianity came on the scene, it was a very dark world indeed.

F

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

What would you expect? Take Muslim charities in the U.S. for example. Only between 0.8% and 1.5% of Americans are Muslims. How many facilities for the homeless would you expect to find compared to ones set up by Christians?

Z

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by whodey
No, he would probably send him to go marry his gay friend or something. 😛
which is something all gays want.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13

robbie what do you make of the pidgeon bit 2 pages after the gay is bad bit, do you practise that too ... you know its there!
please answer the question, why should others be forced to accept a practice and a morality that they deem contrary to nature and which is opposed to their religious beliefs? You have stated that it is because of homophobia, i don't believe that, I think its much more likely to be because the practice is deemed as unnatural by physiology and anti-scriptural.