Leviticus and Homo's

Leviticus and Homo's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by duecer
G75 does not, nor do I, represent all Christians. The discourse on this subject is heated even in the most liberal of denominations. Yes indeed we are called to love one another as Christ has loved us, that is to say...unconditionally. Loving someone however is not the same thing as tolerating poor or boorish behavior. When my children go astray it is my job ...[text shortened]... nd an ounce of forgiveness for those who have done nothing to them?

Live and let love.
Whoever speaks for all christian people are usually wrong.

galve speaks of the JW only, a small minority in an ocean of christians. Yet he call himeslf a true believer and a self proclaimed interpretator of the word of god. He knows the Truth, and he who doesn't agree with him does not know the Truth. galve has spoken.

He defines the word "love" as "the kind I (read: galve) find as good love and nothing more". Homosexuality, according to galve, isn't good love.

We live in modern times now. We don't live in biblical times. We don't live in the biblical culture. Still many christians want to live in those times and those cultures. But we aren't. Homosexuality is found being a natural aspect of human love, that homosexual love is indeed moral love.

In biblical times, in the biblical culture, slavery was okay. It isn't today. We have changed. The christian church has changed. Why not the homophobes, who call themselves christians?

Z

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]Aids started with homosexual activity if I'm not mistaken.

Utter garbage, you are woefully mistaken. Here's some reading which should bring you up to speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_AIDS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_AIDS

Anal sex is an easier way for the virus to spread as the lining of the rectum is easier to t ...[text shortened]... tried it. What on earth has that got to do with anything on a thread about homosexuality?[/b]
I'm curious to know your moral feelings on beastiality? Is it wrong?

if i were to venture a guess, he compares bestiality with homsexuality because he cannot grasp the notion that to gay men can love each other in the same way a man and a woman can. as such, gay love reduces to gay sex which is seen as an abnormality and equal to bestiality.

but what can be expected from a person that thinks stoning a 14 year old girl accused of not being a virgin is justified because god said so. but a man putting his schlong in another man's rectum is an abomination.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Aug 10

[b]Aids started with homosexual activity if I'm not mistaken.

Utter garbage, you are woefully mistaken. Here's some reading which should bring you up to speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_AIDS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_AIDS

Anal sex is an easier way for the virus to spread as the lining of the rectum is easier to t ...[text shortened]... tried it. What on earth has that got to do with anything on a thread about homosexuality?[/b]
According to God they were both a capital offence...

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm guessing you mean according to the bible...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Aug 10

wow, astonishing that you would equate sexual orientation with murderers and pedo's (not a sexual orientation strictly speaking.) Both of these things one does to other people against their will. Meanwhile homosexuality is an act between two consenting adults....big big difference doncha think?
No differance in God's eyes as the Bible clearly states.... And fornication and adultery is usally between consenting adults but it is still something God hates and says ones who "practice" it will not inherit life.

It's sad and a serious mistake to see how ones here don't seem to care or are even worried as to what God say's on these matters. Seems everyone is fine with doing their own thing anymore....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Whoever speaks for all christian people are usually wrong.

galve speaks of the JW only, a small minority in an ocean of christians. Yet he call himeslf a true believer and a self proclaimed interpretator of the word of god. He knows the Truth, and he who doesn't agree with him does not know the Truth. galve has spoken.

He defines the word "love" as ...[text shortened]... christian church has changed. Why not the homophobes, who call themselves christians?
Lol...No clue huh?

F

Moves
11 Aug 10

Lol...No clue huh?
Does anyone?

I would say that anyone outside the cult doesn't understand what's within the cult. I would say most of the insiders in the cult doesn't know either.

You say you do? And at the same time unable to explain? I don't thinks so...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Aug 10
2 edits

Can you see a distinction between beastiality and homosexuality?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Aug 10

G75 does not, nor do I, represent all Christians. The discourse on this subject is heated even in the most liberal of denominations. Yes indeed we are called to love one another as Christ has loved us, that is to say...unconditionally. Loving someone however is not the same thing as tolerating poor or boorish behavior. When my children go astray it is my job ...[text shortened]... nd an ounce of forgiveness for those who have done nothing to them?

Live and let love.
Good comments. But it seems that a few here are still missing the point you brought out is that there are times that punishment is due for acts that are unbecoming a Christian. Christian means to be "Christlike" and yes love is a biggy. But love goes beyond that. It goes to loving the congregation as he said many times and protecting it is a very strong point of love.
But when one continues to go against all Bible principles, morals, and just doing bad, anyone with any moral sense would easliy understand that certian actions can't just be ignored.
So in order to be Christlike and follow Jesus's examples, such as his command to keep congregations clean, punishment has to be done from time to time. If ones who """practise homosexuality""" don't fit into this group who does?
Jesus very clearly said to keep the congregations clean of all badness because of the bad affect it will eventually have on the congregation.
And to shepherd the flocks he set up older men or elders to do this. Even in the judicial systems of the world it's usually older and wiser people in those positions.
Socieity will not and should not stand to be exposed to ones that are dangerous.
Why should the congregation be different?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Aug 10

No differance in God's eyes as the Bible clearly states.... And fornication and adultery is usally between consenting adults but it is still something God hates and says ones who "practice" it will not inherit life.

It's sad and a serious mistake to see how ones here don't seem to care or are even worried as to what God say's on these matters. Seems everyone is fine with doing their own thing anymore....
noooo, you equated pedo's and murderers with homosexuality, homosexuality is between two consenting adults, murder and pedophilia is not, they involve victims. Homosexuality is essentially a victimiless "crime" much like gluttony and sloth. enormous difference, sorry that you are unable to distinguish between the two

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Aug 10

Can you see a distinction between beastiality and homosexuality?
Uhhh yep. But do you not see that they are both wrong and unnatural? Must not.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Aug 10

noooo, you equated pedo's and murderers with homosexuality, homosexuality is between two consenting adults, murder and pedophilia is not, they involve victims. Homosexuality is essentially a victimiless "crime" much like gluttony and sloth. enormous difference, sorry that you are unable to distinguish between the two
I know the differance between all these thing. But they all have the same thing in common..............God condemns them all and states that if one continues in practising them you will lose out on life in the future.. It's in anyones Bible.
So some here in their humanly wisdom don't see God's wisdom or just ignor it or just don't care.

F

Moves
11 Aug 10

Uhhh yep. But do you not see that they are both wrong and unnatural? Must not.
Here we go again...

Around and around...

Doesn't learn anything...

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Aug 10

I know the differance between all these thing. But they all have the same thing in common..............God condemns them all and states that if one continues in practising them you will lose out on life in the future.. It's in anyones Bible.
So some here in their humanly wisdom don't see God's wisdom or just ignor it or just don't care.
If you believe that there is no difference between them in terms of sin, then you must agree that all other forms of sin, i.e. greed gluttony sloth gossip lying etc, are also grounds for dismissing people from a congregation. Are there fat people in your church? If so and you haven't properly chastised and warned them of their sin, then you are failing in your own standards. At what point do we use common sense and say that what this person does in no way disrupts the harmony (the true intent of the passages) of the church?

We are not called to be judges of right and wrong, but to be "middlemen" in the compassion transaction which happens through Christ. I trust that the Holy Spirit is at work in the lives of believers, and that God convicts the sinners heart.

The intent in the Corinthians,Thessalonians and gospel passages is to cultivate harmony within the church. We are separated by 2000 years of history, culture and scientific advancement. The world is not flat, eating pork is okay if cooked properly, and planting more than one type of grain in our fields is often a good thing. I agree there are tensions in the bible that are hard to resolve, that's why God gave us brains and the ability to reason.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Aug 10

please find "homosexuality" in the king James bible, I'd like to know where it states that.