Let's say there is no Christ (part two)

Let's say there is no Christ (part two)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
19 Jan 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe it was 30 men he killed. There is no proof it was murder.
More absurdity. A Christian claiming a lack of proof in his holy book.🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jan 13

Originally posted by caissad4
More absurdity. A Christian claiming a lack of proof in his holy book.🙄
Since you put it that way, then a lack of proof that it was murder, must be proof that it was not murder. 😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 13
3 edits

Originally posted by caissad4
Absurdity you say. Well the first absurdity is the great biblical hero Samson.
If you read the story you find a man who murders 28 people in cold blood to get their coats to pay off a bet. Clearly every great religion needs a mass murderer to hold up as a hero. Shocking to me is that Christianity has not repudiated these murderous acts or even lowered him from "hero" status. 😛
Absurdity you say. Well the first absurdity is the great biblical hero Samson. If you read the story you find a man who murders 28 people in cold blood to get their coats to pay off a bet.

Are you stepping in for apathist?
Very well. Let me review the story of Samson and I'll comment.

However, you should know up front that there is sometimes a difference between what the Bible teaches as conduct as opposed to what the Bible records as having HAPPENED.

The patriarchs from Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, through Moses and Aaron and others afterwards sometimes did things which were foolish. The Bible records what they DID. It is not always intended to mean the Bible teaches you to do the same thing.

And logical contradictions and absurdities is what apathist proposed were in abundance.

But I'll take some time with the book of Judges on Samson and see where your alledged contradictions in logic or absurdities seem to be, if true.

Clearly every great religion needs a mass murderer to hold up as a hero. Shocking to me is that Christianity has not repudiated these murderous acts or even lowered him from "hero" status.

My Bible doesn't end with the book of Judges.
Does yours?

Apathist, relax. Caissad4 has stepped in on your behalf with some thoughtful propositions. Give me some time to read about Samson.