lets play a game guys!!!!!!

lets play a game guys!!!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
I haven't been proven wrong with that statement yet - not even close to yet yet 😉

Your first post did include "sounds like a fair game to me." and you "refereed" it sarcastically and being personally fair to you from the word go you in return insulted me. A typical atheistic behaviour which I think all Christians fall for. Aren't we the fools ha ha ha.
it is your job to prove your statement is correct, not his to prove you wrong. that's the polite way to conduct a debate.

let's take your statement "this only proves that atheists have no good moral values and only think of themselves". "this" is referring probably to this thread and how it is "insulting" to god, right? why does this thread prove anything? perhaps anything other than you, nicksten, have no sense of humor and cannot spot it. not christians in general, not people whose online nickname on chess sites begins with ni, just you.

atheists have no good moral values and only think of themselves? are you trying to prove a correlation or a causation? if you are trying to show correlation i only need to point one atheist who is working his/her buttocks off to provide food and shelter for his children, and still have time to help a neighbour fix his roof. you think i cannot find such an atheist? in your home town, let alone the entire world?
if you try to prove causation, you need to show that atheism is a moral system and that it specifically asks for "lack of morals" when in fact atheism merely refuses belief in supernatural beings and concepts, and certainly not the values these beings stand for.

either way, your statement is wrong. aaaaand you won't care because you think you have jesus on your side which means i wasted some 5 minutes posting this brilliant wall of text.

Z

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are duped and programmed into thinking christian morals come from god. Since all religions are 100% man made, no god needed, men have been able to concoct tall tales for tens of thousands of years, no doubt Neanderals were inventing gods right along side homo so-called sapiens.

So the moral values you hold so dear and so disdain anyone else's values, ...[text shortened]... from mankind anyway so your moral values are on the exact same footing as atheistic viewpoints.
supposedly. maybe.

you cannot fling the 100% around like that when it comes to things that haven't been proven yet.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
14 Oct 12
3 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
if you are going to go by living precisely as jesus commanded, then you must come to the conclusion that there are no christians, or if there are, they must be very few indeed, probably count them on your fingers and toes. and i actually hold this view personally.
There is a difference between trying to live "precisely as Jesus commanded" and willfully, with malice and forethought, carrying out a campaign over many years to torture and murder an entire ethnicity.

Of course, you knew that before you commented.

If Hitler was a Christian, so is FMF, and all the unbelievers here who ever called themselves Christians at any time in their lives. Deal with it.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Oct 12

Originally posted by sumydid
There is a difference between trying to live "precisely as Jesus commanded" and willfully, with malice and forethought, carrying out a campaign over many years to torture and murder an entire ethnicity.
One is the New Testament, and the other is the Old? 😉

F

Moves
14 Oct 12

Originally posted by sumydid
If Hitler was a Christian, so is FMF, and all the unbelievers here who ever called themselves Christians at any time in their lives. Deal with it.
I am an ex-Christian, as you well know. As far as I know Hitler never declared himself to be an ex-Christian. So there is not the connection between me and Hitler that you seem to be suggesting.