Koran-vs-Bible

Koran-vs-Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
19 May 09

Hi,

I seem to be confused here, so if someone can help...

How is one of the books better than the other? I think the question should be more specific. Is it better sold, better dogmatically speaking, etc.

I don't think I'm the only one confused here, and I'm guessing that is why some of you started insulting each other. I think we should consider the topic more specifically.

I say this because both books can be seen from different angles, and maybe it would help if we'd try to look at it using some pre-established criteria.

j

Moves
19 May 09

Originally posted by dannyUchiha
Hi,

I seem to be confused here, so if someone can help...

How is one of the books better than the other? I think the question should be more specific. Is it better sold, better dogmatically speaking, etc.

I don't think I'm the only one confused here, and I'm guessing that is why some of you started insulting each other. I think we should conside ...[text shortened]... gles, and maybe it would help if we'd try to look at it using some pre-established criteria.
I agree that some clarification is in order. Before such was made I simply drew some contrasts between the two books.

If anyone wants to know about Islam, hey, the Quran is what you need. There is no better book in the world on Islam than the Quran.

If that is what you want, to know all about Islam, the Quran is the best book in the world on that subject.

j

Moves
19 May 09
1 edit

But if you want to know about Jesus Christ, don't read the Quran.

The best book to know about Jesus is the Bible.

d

Moves
19 May 09

Then I guess it doesn't make sense to say that one is above the other...

j

Moves
20 May 09

Originally posted by dannyUchiha
Then I guess it doesn't make sense to say that one is above the other...
The Bible is better.

The Bible is better.

rc

Moves
20 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
The Bible is better.

The Bible is better.
actually, i have spoken on this topic with a Muslim who became a Christian after much trial and tribulation, you know the usual stuff, death threats, his uncles beating him up, thrown out the house etc etc

his own words were that the Koran is a very clinical book, you do not really get an insight into Gods personality, whereas the Bible is full of beautiful expressions giving a full insight into the personality of God,

consider these beautiful verses

For you have proved to be of assistance to me,
And in the shadow of your wings I cry out joyfully - psalm 63:7

And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in walking with your God? - Micah 6:8

Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. - Isaiah 41:10

O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 48:18

But you are a God of acts of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness, and you did not leave them. Yes, when they had made for themselves a molten statue of a calf and began to say, ‘This is your God who led you up out of Egypt,’ and they went on to commit great acts of disrespect, you, even you, in your abundant mercy did not leave them in the wilderness. Nehemiah 9:17-19

he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance - 2 Peter 3:9

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.  And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away. - Revelation 21:3,4

🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 May 09

Now consider this beautiful verse of gang rape.

'Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.'

Judges 19.

rc

Moves
20 May 09
4 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob

'Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they kn ...[text shortened]... he night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.'

Judges 19.
why are you taking a verse out of context noobster, why don't you tell the people what happened to the perpetrators of this disgraceful act? are you afraid that they might see justice? what has this got to do with Gods personality? i suggest you feel your own bum, just to make sure you are in your proper sense

i really should congratulate you, for you have unerringly highlighted another beautiful aspect of the bible, when compared to others so called holy books, its honest and candid portrayal of horrific events, which is what one would naturally expect from a book of truth, thanks noobster, 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 May 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why are you taking a verse out of context noobster, why don't you tell the people what happened to the perpetrators of this disgraceful act? are you afraid that they might see justice? what has this got to do with Gods personality? i suggest you feel your own bum, just to make sure you are in your proper sense

i really should congratulate you, ...[text shortened]... s so called holy books, its honest and candid portrayal of horrific events, thanks noobster, 🙂
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!

rc

Moves
20 May 09
1 edit

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!
is that your latest musical composition? not very original, is it minimalist ?, answer the questions noobster, what happened to the perpetrators, i wanna hear you say it!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 May 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
is that your latest musical composition? not very original, is it minimalist ?, answer the questions noobster, what happened to the perpetrators, i wanna hear you say it!
A not so wise man once said.

'Who am i? Your personal assistant? Time is money my friend?'

Robbie Carrobie.

rc

Moves
20 May 09
1 edit

will i tell the people what happened noobster, how justice was executed because of this outrage, how, when the other tribes of Isreal heard of this contempt for life and natural hospitality, they drew up in battle formation and fought a war against their own brothers, in which the perpetrators of the horrific act were wiped out, to the tune of 18,000 men, because of community responsibility, please make sure noobster, that if you are going to try to besmear the reputation of the Word of God, you read the full story 🙂

rc

Moves
20 May 09
2 edits

A not so wise man once said.

'Who am i? Your personal assistant? Time is money my friend?'

Robbie Carrobie.
tis true, he isn't a wise man, he is but a court jester, a ragged clown behind, chasing a shadow, i wouldn't pay him any mind 🙂

Moves
20 May 09

'Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they kn ...[text shortened]... he night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.'

Judges 19.
Out the many passages in the bible that demonstrate a perverse hatred of the female that is the one that has always stunned me. This guy is praised because he offers his daughter and then eventually gives up the woman that he loves out of some sickening sense of honor to protect a stranger. What more could you do to debase and devalue women? Call them the lowest form of life on earth? (Yes, the bible does.) From an historical and anthropological standpoint you can understand this hatred because the whole story of Sodom (and so on) is an attack on the popular contemporary female deities that the jehovah figure was struggling with for political dominance. You have to note however how terrifying it would be for any of these people to have control over your female loved ones.

j

Moves
20 May 09

Judges 19.
You might notice that there is a difference between what the Bible teaches and what the Bible records as having happened.