1. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 04:41
    @fmf said
    Anybody from any religion on any continent or from any culture at any point in history can make any claim of this kind they want about whatever their religion happens to be.
    That's right.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people, though, that have admitted that what they are doing amounts to a sort of witchcraft.

I'll never forget Sadguru talking about how the gods reward those who complete the rituals, and how it does not have as much to do with personal ethical piety as you would think... And it was in that moment that it became more clear to me that the gods he is referencing are not gods, but are the demonic repaying glorification with services -- that is, if such things are really happening for Hindus following his tradition.

For, we recognize that the demonic does exist.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 04:49
    @philokalia said
    You'd be surprised by the amount of people, though, that have admitted that what they are doing amounts to a sort of witchcraft.
    Let them come here and make their case then. No need for you to speak on their behalf or, indeed, speak about them from your own subjective-belief-in-supernatural-causality point of view. At least not for my benefit. If you know people who "have admitted that what they are doing amounts to a sort of witchcraft", contact them and encourage them to contribute to this forum. It would be interesting.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 04:52
    @philokalia said
    I'll never forget Sadguru talking about how the gods reward those who complete the rituals, and how it does not have as much to do with personal ethical piety as you would think... And it was in that moment that it became more clear to me that the gods he is referencing are not gods, but are the demonic repaying glorification with services -- that is, if such things are really happening for Hindus following his tradition.
    See if you can get someone who you believe has "demonic beliefs" to come here and post about what they believe. It might be more interesting and enlightening than hearing what you "never forget Sadguru talking about". Everybody already knows you are not a Hindu.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 06:01
    @fmf said
    chaney3 has been given this kind of advice countless times. I think he just likes to get the attention of Christians by starting countless threads on how he isn't a Christian, or he is almost a Christian, or he would maybe be a Christian if it were not for X or for Y or for Z blah blah blah. He reminds me of the Nyborgs [and how they "just like talking to salesmen"] in Glengarry Glen Ross.
    Interesting observation.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 19:22
    @philokalia said
    That's right.

I'll never forget Sadguru talking about how the gods reward those who complete the rituals, and how it does not have as much to do with personal ethical piety as you would think... And it was in that moment that it became mo ...[text shortened]... happening for Hindus following his tradition.[/i]

For, we recognize that the demonic does exist.
    So, in this context, would you agree that BTS are the juicyfruit heralds of some kind of global gay K-pop apocalypse?

😉
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 22:08
    @FMF "Seeing as we have no way of knowing "if God is real"

Oh my!!!!!
    So when you look out your window and see your car sitting out in the driveway, I would hope you'd agree someone made it.
    The house you live in was made by someone. Right? Your computer was made by someone, right?
    But yet when you look out at the universe and all the way down to a simple tree in your yard, you refuse to see, because of your lack of faith that someone made all of that. Yet you probably have some kind of belief that it all just happened without a designer?
    This is your problem in not believing in Jehovah. You have no answers, just ideas.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 22:24
    @divegeester said
    Interesting observation.
    BS.
    I put no weight into his posts.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 00:281 edit
    @galveston75 said

Oh my!!!!!
    So when you look out your window and see your car sitting out in the driveway, I would hope you'd agree someone made it.
    The house you live in was made by someone. Right? Your computer was made by someone, right?
    But yet when you look out at the universe and all the way down to a simpl ...[text shortened]... all of that. Yet you probably have some kind of belief that it all just happened without a designer?
    There may well be a creator being, but yes, we have no way of knowing if God figures like yours or Hindu ones [for example] are real.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 00:33
    @galveston75 said
    This is your problem in not believing in Jehovah. You have no answers, just ideas.
    I don't see how I have a "problem". We both have ideas. And that's all we are sharing here. The fact that you have settled for some of them and have labelled them "answers" doesn't have any real significance beyond your own thoughts and actions. It certainly doesn't cause me any "problem".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 00:40
    @galveston75 said
    when you look out at the universe and all the way down to a simple tree in your yard, you refuse to see, because of your lack of faith that someone made all of that.
    I don't see the universe as evidence of the veracity of ancient Hebrew mythology or the veracity of your religion.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 01:47
    @caesar-salad said
    So, in this context, would you agree that BTS are the juicyfruit heralds of some kind of global gay K-pop apocalypse?

😉
    I do not agree with the aesthetics of K-Pop but I am very proud that they are influential and earning money. The music is also relatively more wholesome than what the West is putting out, so it's a double win. ^^

But yes, lol, it's pretty... questionable.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 01:48
    @fmf said
    I don't see the universe as evidence of the veracity of ancient Hebrew mythology or the veracity of your religion.
    The Catholic position on this is always illuminating:

(1) God can be deduced from the natural world.

(2) The God of the Bible cannot be deduced from the natural world, making revelation a necessity.

They are two different issues and have to be discussed separately. I think you know that.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 02:27
    @chaney3 said
    BS.
    I put no weight into his posts.
    No, actually I think FMF’s observation about you was spot on.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 03:06
    @philokalia said
    The Catholic position on this is always illuminating:

(1) God can be deduced from the natural world.

(2) The God of the Bible cannot be deduced from the natural world, making revelation a necessity.

They are two different issues and have to be discussed separately. I think you know that.
    Obviously, I don't subscribe to Catholic "deductions" any more. Nor do I subscribe to Christian beliefs about there having been a "revelation" of a creator being [along with details of instructions, rewards, threats etc.] as depicted in Christian literature.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 03:11
    @galveston75 said

Oh my!!!!!
    But yet when you look out at the universe and all the way down to a simpl ...[text shortened]... ut a designer?
    The difference is, we know that humans can make all those things, because we've seen them do it. Some of us have even done it ourselves.

Also, for each of the examples named, the purpose for them is straightforward. The purpose of the Universe is not at all straightforward, assuming there even IS a purpose at all.

For those who say the purpose of the Universe was to make us, I can only think they have not grasped just how large the Universe is, and how small our little solar system is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree