Ken Ham's answers...

Ken Ham's answers...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
This is gold.

You are willing to concede that Andromeda is 2.5 [b]million
light years away.

But believe that galaxy has existed for ... how long exactly? A few thousand years?[/b]
I do not know the distance from us to Andromeda now. But according to the Holy Bible it used to be closer. How much closer I do not know. But since the sun, moon, and stars were made on day four of creation, then they are only two days older than mankind and most animals. By calculation, that means all that we see began about 6,000 years ago. Is that too much for your pea brain to take in?

P

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by CalJust
What YECs have most to answer for, is that they have made belief in YEC equal with belief in God. In their books, Evolution and Faith are mutually exclusive.

When a child that has been fed YEC doctrine in school inevitably later learns the truth, they will together with YECism jettison any faith in God.

And that will rest on the conscience of YECists.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what are YEC's?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Are you kidding me, a question from you about scripture. Are you not the
Mr. Read it for yourself guy?
Kelly
Im asking because the Bible said no such thing.

P

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I do not know the distance from us to Andromeda now. But according to the Holy Bible it used to be closer. How much closer I do not know. But since the sun, moon, and stars were made on day four of creation, then they are only two days older than mankind and most animals. By calculation, that means all that we see began about 6,000 years ago. Is that too much for your pea brain to take in?
Based on your theory, of 6000 years ago, wouldn't all the stars and planets seem more like comets streaking away from their nucleus. Just to be in their place for us to observe? The stars of ancient times are recorded, yet they are the same as they are today. So for star gazers past and present, the stars didn't just blast away to their present location.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Jul 14

KellyJay said
No one I know disputes the distance of the stars, only how
long they have been there, which are two different things.

If he agrees that Andromeda is 2.5 MILLION LIGHT YEARS away
I wonder how he reconciles that with a young universe.

Incidentally in your version of creation no galaxies would be
visible because the light would not have reached us yet!

Moves
06 Jul 14

I do not know the distance from us to Andromeda now. But according to the Holy Bible it used to be closer.
The bible talks about the andromeda galaxy?

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Incidentally in your version of creation no galaxies would be
visible because the light would not have reached us yet!
I'm sure god, who can do anything, simply created photons in transit. πŸ™„

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
06 Jul 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Please excuse my ignorance, but what are YEC's?
Young Earth Creationist.

People like RJHinds and Kelly Jay (and others, really!) that believe that God created the earth first, then the universe around it, about 6000 years ago.

Which is about the time of the Ming Dynasty.

What may rightfully be said is that THAT BELIEF is about 6000 years old.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
06 Jul 14

Pudgenik, another interesting attribute of YECs is that they tend to call OTHER people stupid, pig-headed and a lot of other nasty epithets for NOT also believing this.

Go figure!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jul 14
3 edits

Originally posted by C Hess
The bible talks about the andromeda galaxy?
The Holy Bible does not mention the Andromeda galaxy by name, but it talks about the stars in the heavens and that is basically what the Andromeda galaxy consists of.

The Holy Bible makes comments like above the heavens, higher than the heavens, Heaven of heavens, God stretched out the heavens, and that man can not count the stars or measure the heavens. That seems to indicate that the stars, which would include the Andromeda galaxy, were closer together to each other and the earth at one time.

If man can not measure the heavens then how can we really know the age of the earth. We are making assumptions when we calculate the age of the earth because all we can do is get an approximate distance calculation.

Astronomers have reported that they have seen distant stars that they calculate are moving away from us faster than the speed of light. Maybe something is wrong with those calculations or their assumptions. How do we know that light travels at the same speed through out the heaven as we have measured on earth? How do we know that the speed of light was the same speed at creation as it is today? We don't, we have to assume. And to ASSUME, can make and ASS out of U and ME.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jul 14

The Holy Bible does not mention the Andromeda galaxy by name, but it talks about the stars in the heavens and that is basically what the Andromeda galaxy consists of.

The Holy Bible makes comments like above the heavens, higher than the heavens, Heaven of heavens, God stretched out the heavens, and that man can not count the stars or measure the heavens. ...[text shortened]... n as it is today? We don't, we have to assume. And to ASSUME, can make and ASS out of U and ME.
I notice your chess rating is slipping; are you using the wrong fuel?

Moves
06 Jul 14

...to ASSUME, can make and ASS out of [...] ME.
Indeed. πŸ˜›

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I notice your chess rating is slipping; are you using the wrong fuel?
I have just been playing against some lucky players, or else my luck isn't so good right now.

P

Moves
06 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
[b]Young Earth Creationist.

People like RJHinds and Kelly Jay (and others, really!) that believe that God created the earth first, then the universe around it, about 6000 years ago.

Which is about the time of the Ming Dynasty.

What may rightfully be said is that THAT BELIEF is about 6000 years old.[/b]
I don't have a problem with the idea that God could have created the world in 6 days, or even 6 seconds. But i do believe God wants us to learn, to become more intelligent. I believe God's time is way different than our own. That the person who stated, "one day is like a thousand years to God" was trying to show, what is a day to an eternal being. I'm certain the author didn't mean it as a literal point.

Where is the beginning of a circle and where is the end of a circle.

I believe that all the time we see in creation, billions of years, is nothing more than a drop in the bucket to God.

But what I also believe in, is that we, His creation, are what He cherishes most.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Im asking because the Bible said no such thing.
Neither did I, I said..."If..." it was a question.
Kelly