JW Mind Control

JW Mind Control

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
we love the whole person , not just the physical attributes,

take a look at Jehovahs witnesses the next time they are in your street, do they not look happy and content? are they not smiling? please don't feel sad for us, we love the fact that we are witnesses of the most high God, its really a wonderful privilege.
JW's smiling in the street, good grief you're not the Hare Krsnas are you?

I see plenty people smiling . I bet half of them aren't even religous.

Next...

rc

Moves
18 Sep 10
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
JW's smiling in the street, good grief you're not the Hare Krsnas are you?

I see plenty people smiling . I bet half of them aren't even religous.

Next...
what has it got to do with you? nada! either post something with content or take it to the general forum spanky! spammers galore!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what has it got to do with you? nada! either post something with content or take it to the general forum spanky! spammers galore!
Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

All things in this forum have something to do with me.
Why dont you post something with content first, like how the JWs dont consent to blood transfusions 😛

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/a-study-of-the-persuasion-techniques-used-by-jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-watchtower.html

Selected Excerpts:

The Watchtower Society utilises manipulative techniques and environment to recruit and maintain their membership.

Members are encouraged to spend time away from secular (worldly) activities, suc ...[text shortened]... The confessions are accompanied with criticism and self-criticism to lead to change (CDC, n.d.).
Yes, I genuinely feel sorry for the followers of this organisations, who are basically unknowing victims. Discouragement of higher education is very unfortunate too. It is a good thing that all mainstream Christian churches have some involvement in tertiary education.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Conrau K
Yes, I genuinely feel sorry for the followers of this organisations, who are basically unknowing victims. Discouragement of higher education is very unfortunate too. It is a good thing that all mainstream Christian churches have some involvement in tertiary education.
So a higher education and better income are important to you and we should do better with our children in getting them to go to colleges?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
So a higher education and better income are important to you and we should do better with our children in getting them to go to colleges?
Knowledge and education reduces the likehood that you can be fooled by unscrupulous people like Charles Russell. You get it ? Nah I doubt you will.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 10

Knowledge and education reduces the likehood that you can be fooled by unscrupulous people like Charles Russell. You get it ? Nah I doubt you will.
Well you and a few others here no doubt have a higher education the the average JW and that's ok. But you see we take the commands from Jesus to proclaim his message worldwide in every nation, teach them about the truths in the bible and what the future holds for us all and we do this with our own time and money.
And since all the hundreds of so called Christian religions seem to miss that really BIG point, someone has to do it because it's for sure your not, nor the Catholics, etc, etc. All that their churches require is to put money in their collection plates and your SAVED!!!!
And we're also not worried about you or anyone else that may look down upon us over their nose and laugh or feel selfrighteous pity for us.
Read this and as much as I know you don't get it, this is why we are happy.

1 Corinthians 1:26-29 (New International Version)

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him.

I wonder if Conrau will say this is false and not in the Bible and have to look up referances to see if it's true?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 10

Of course not (I didn't even mention higher income anyway.) It is important however to encourage people to pursue higher education. Professional degrees are useful for the community, obviously medical doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers and a whole host of other vocations. It is also important to encourage scholarship and I applaud those who choose a degree simply for their own self-ennoblement, to learn things about the world, etc. I find it quite disturbing, in fact, dangerous, if a religious organisation discourages any of this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 10

Well you and a few others here no doubt have a higher education the the average JW and that's ok. But you see we take the commands from Jesus to proclaim his message worldwide in every nation, teach them about the truths in the bible and what the future holds for us all and we do this with our own time and money.
And since all the hundreds of so calle ...[text shortened]... say this is false and not in the Bible and have to look up referances to see if it's true?
All that their churches require is to put money in their collection plates and your SAVED!!!!

Can you quote any authoritative document from the Catholic Church which states that putting money in the collection plate brings salvation?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 10
1 edit

And since all the hundreds of so calle say this is false and not in the Bible and have to look up referances to see if it's true?
What does that verse have to do with educating yourself ?

Do you know that its possible to study, preach the gospel, go to church, feed the poor and life your life as well? What you are is an extremist. Your lifestyle is extreme and dangerous.

Wisdom is not knowledge. Wisdom is the intelligent application of knowledge.

Edit - Luke was a physican. Matthew was a tax collector. I bet those guys were very educated by the standards of the day.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
Of course not (I didn't even mention higher income anyway.) It is important however to encourage people to pursue higher education. Professional degrees are useful for the community, obviously medical doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers and a whole host of other vocations. It is also important to encourage scholarship and I applaud those who choose a degr ...[text shortened]... d it quite disturbing, in fact, dangerous, if a religious organisation discourages any of this.
That's ok. Were fine and we'll let you guys take care of all that stuff now. The Bible says that one day all sicknesses and death will be a thing of the past. So some of those professional jobs will not be needed then anyway. 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 10

What does that verse have to do with educating yourself ?

Do you know that its possible to study, preach the gospel, go to church, feed the poor and life your life as well? What you are is an extremist. Your lifestyle is extreme and dangerous.

Wisdom is not knowledge. Wisdom is the intelligent application of knowledge.

Edit - Luke was a physican. Matthew was a tax collector. I bet those guys were very educated by the standards of the day.
Right now all we want to concentrate on is what Jesus told us to do. If we were to follow your suggested courses of higher education, Jesus would have mentioned that and even set the example himself. But did he? What examples did he set for us? He said his Kingdom is no part of this world and neither would his followers be in the sense of pursuing worldy riches and position.
And by far the average JW has many, many ,many times the Biblical knowledge then say your average Catholic, or Baptist, etc.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 10

.. And by far the average JW has many, many ,many times the Biblical knowledge then say your average Catholic, or Baptist, etc.
And your knowledge is like the knowledge of the Pharisees. You have strayed from from teachings of Christ big time and followed instead Charles Russell.

Your knowledge is pointless.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 10

And your knowledge is like the knowledge of the Pharisees. You have strayed from from teachings of Christ big time and followed instead Charles Russell.

Your knowledge is pointless.
Ok..Whatever you think.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10
1 edit

Ok..Whatever you think.
You should ask yourself this simple question and be honest with yourself.

"If Christ (in disguise) were to come and preach in your Kingdom Hall, word for word, verbatim, some of the stuff he taught in the Bible would he be welcome in your church?"

If you were to answer honestly it would be NO.. he wont be welcome.
If you are interested in Truth, find out why the JWs will not welcome him.