Just asking.

Just asking.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
19 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Certain words are inherently rude ie they are words that are used almost exclusively with the aim of shocking, insulting or otherwise upsetting the listener. Such words (often called swear words) are the ones that are less likely to appear in children's books or spoken on TV (though it seems to me that they are more popular in movies than in daily life bu ...[text shortened]... re being perfectly honest. They may have been wrong, but at least they believed what they said.
Someone may innocently accept an error and it happens all the time, and I did not call that person "D"

But certain persons in this forum are deliberately defending their error, and this is when I say they are "D"

F

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Someone may innocently accept an error and it happens all the time, and I did not call that person "D"

But certain persons in this forum are deliberately defending their error, and this is when I say they are "D"
You are misusing the letter "D", Dasa.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
20 Feb 11

Before you were Vishavetu was your previous alias David Ike?

F

Moves
20 Feb 11

Accusing someone of deliberately defending what you claim they know to be an error is indistinguishable from calling them liars. Using what you happen to believe is an "error" and what is not an "error" does not justify accusing fellow members of this community of being liars or of being "dishonest" as you put it. You recently promised to stop behaving like this.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
Accusing someone of deliberately defending what you claim they know to be an error is indistinguishable from calling them liars. Using what you happen to believe is an "error" and what is not an "error" does not justify accusing fellow members of this community of being liars or of being "dishonest" as you put it. You recently promised to stop behaving like this.
I have stopped using the D word....but when discussing the D word you cannot discuss it without saying it , because it is the subject.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Feb 11
2 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
Before you were Vishavetu was your previous alias David Ike?
No....

Did you know my name is Vishvahetu Dasa.

Before I used my first name....and now I am using my last name.

Same person and NO alias.

F

Moves
20 Feb 11
1 edit

I have stopped using the D word....but when discussing the D word you cannot discuss it without saying it , because it is the subject.
But the "D word" is "dishonest" and when you accuse people of being deliberately defending what you assert they know is an "error" then you are accusing them of lying/being dishonest. This is insulting and abusive. You promised you would stop doing this.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
But the "D word" is "dishonest" and when you accuse people of being deliberately defending what you assert they know is an "error" then you are accusing them of lying/being dishonest. This is insulting and abusive. You promised you would stop doing this.
If someone defends error...........what are they?

F

Moves
20 Feb 11

If someone defends error...........what are they?
If you are asserting that your belief is "true" and theirs is an "error", then they are simply disagreeing with you. Accusing them of lying or being dishonest is just insult and abuse. And you said that you would stop.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Feb 11

You are not capable of reading minds. How can you possibly be sure when someone is deliberately defending an error? You are essentially accusing people of lying even when you don't have sufficient evidence to back up the claim, and that is rude and insulting.
You have not stopped this practice even though you have dropped the "D" word. You have simply started using other words.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Feb 11

You are not capable of reading minds. How can you possibly be sure when someone is deliberately defending an error? You are essentially accusing people of lying even when you don't have sufficient evidence to back up the claim, and that is rude and insulting.
You have not stopped this practice even though you have dropped the "D" word. You have simply started using other words.
Persons are saying dead bodies can jump out of the grave....this is clearly error and anyone who supports it is knowingly supporting error.

Others are saying consciousness and awareness are just chemicals, and this is error....and they knowingly support this error........these persons who say this are scientists, and they know the rules of science which is.......that they must present proof of their findings, and they have no proof of this, yet they present it, so they are deliberately presenting falsity.....which makes them (..........)

I could list another 50 examples of falsity presented in this forum and by science and substitute religion.

Why do you come into this forum and defend falsity, when you know full well that what you are defending is false?

Cape Town

Moves
20 Feb 11

Persons are saying dead bodies can jump out of the grave....this is clearly error and anyone who supports it is knowingly supporting error.
It may be clear to you, but it is not clear to others. Everybody knows that. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly knowingly supporting an error. Yes, you are being dishonest.

Others are saying consciousness and awareness are just chemicals, and this is error....and they knowingly support this error........
I say consciousness and awareness are just chemicals. I knowingly support that claim but I do not believe it to be an error, therefore I am not being dishonest as you claim.

these persons who say this are scientists, and they know the rules of science which is.......that they must present proof of their findings, and they have no proof of this, yet they present it, so they are deliberately presenting falsity.....which makes them (..........)
This is your error - you understand science.

I could list another 50 examples of falsity presented in this forum and by science and substitute religion.
Listing them wont change the fact that the vast majority of people here believe what they say and are thus not being dishonest.

Why do you come into this forum and defend falsity, when you know full well that what you are defending is false?
I have already stated that I believe what I say. It is you that thinks you are a mind reader when you are not.

Now let me ask you: why do you come to this forum when you believe that everyone here already knows the truth but is lying about it? What can you tell us that we don't already know?

F

Moves
21 Feb 11

A direct question for Dasa

Now let me ask you: why do you come to this forum when you believe that everyone here already knows the truth but is lying about it? What can you tell us that we don't already know?
* BUMP * for Dasa

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Feb 11

It may be clear to you, but it is not clear to others. Everybody knows that. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly knowingly supporting an error. Yes, you are being dishonest.

[b]Others are saying consciousness and awareness are just chemicals, and this is error....and they knowingly support this error........

I say consciousness and awareness are ...[text shortened]... already knows the truth but is lying about it? What can you tell us that we don't already know?[/b]
But you do not believe that consciousness, awareness, cognition, free will, thinking, feeling, willing are just chemicals.... that's just the point.

You say this..... because you reject God.

To reject God a person has to present falsity.....because

Its impossible to truthfully reject God.

You could not go to a school and speak before 1000 students and teachers in front of a microphone and present that consciousness, awareness, intelligence, free will, cognition and so on are but chemicals.....they will then ask you if you have any of those chemicals in your bag to present to them.

You would then have to say ....that you do not have any of these chemicals and neither does anybody else on the planet.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Feb 11

But you do not believe that consciousness, awareness, cognition, free will, thinking, feeling, willing are just chemicals.... that's just the point.
It is of course more complicated than that, but in essence, I do believe that consciousness, awareness, cognition, free will, thinking, feeling, willing are just the result of chemicals.

You claim I do not believe it because you believe yourself to be a mind reader. You are not. Get used to it. As long as you continue to believe you are the worlds greatest mind reader, the rest of us will continue to dismiss you as delusional.

You say this..... because you reject God.
That is false.

You could not go to a school and speak before 1000 students and teachers in front of a microphone and present that consciousness, awareness, intelligence, free will, cognition and so on are but chemicals.....
Yes I could.

they will then ask you if you have any of those chemicals in your bag to present to them.
And I would say 'yes'.

You would then have to say ....that you do not have any of these chemicals and neither does anybody else on the planet.
No I wouldn't.