Judgment

Judgment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
24 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
If baptism is necessary to get to heaven, why did Jesus tell the thief on the cross, who was neither baptized nor did any good works, that he would be with Him in paradise? The thief only expressed belief in Christ.
You'd have to ask the church that one. it was the church that affirmed babies would be in LIMBO because they weren't baptized despite, as you've correctly identified, the actual teachings of Jesus.

A conundrum indeed which, of course, leads to my assertion that the whole LIMBO idea was a mental torture method to ensure parents got their kids baptized to avoid LIMBO.

Moves
24 May 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Mmm. I don't think so. This question can apply to babies, Aborigine tribesmen, people born deaf and blind, etc. The popular view of Christians is not what you answered.
I think you will find that most “Christians” in this forum are believers in eternal suffering for non believers. Some quite passionately so.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
24 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I think you will find that most “Christians” in this forum are believers in eternal suffering for non believers. Some quite passionately so.
I could be dead wrong but I wonder if pressed for an opinion, what they would say of the baby that dies at birth (for one example).

Moves
24 May 18

I could be dead wrong but I wonder if pressed for an opinion, what they would say of the baby that dies at birth (for one example).
I imagine there would obfuscation of the highest order.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 May 18

Not sure why some folks have an obsession with “the eternal torturer God who burns people alive for an eternity” when they have no idea if that or annihilationism is Biblical and when they know literally next to nothing about the spiritual realm and afterlife.

Most Christians, I think, have more trust and faith in the actions of a completely holy, just, omniscient and omnipresent God Who has an eternal perspective.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 May 18

I imagine there would obfuscation of the highest order.
Someone should start a thread on what the Biblical support is for “the eternal torturer God who burns people alive for an eternity” and what the Biblical support is for annihilationism.

I’d do it but I have little (read zero) interest in the subject as I have total faith and trust in the actions of a completely holy, just, omniscient and omnipresent God with an eternal perspective.

Nice!

Moves
24 May 18

Originally posted by @uzless
You'd have to ask the church that one.
Sonship is one of the keenest proponents of eternal suffering in this forum; I’m sure he will have a fully thought through backed up by scores scripture and morally sound argument which will explain everything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 May 18

Sonship is one of the keenest proponents of eternal suffering in this forum; I’m sure he will have a fully thought through backed up by scores scripture and morally sound argument which will explain everything.
I think uzless’ post referred to why the Catholic church apparently thinks baptism is necessary for salvation (when it obviously isn’t.)

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 May 18

Thanks. I'm not losing sleep over this just wanted to see what folks' thoughts were.
Gotcha. I'm losing sleep, so I get ... tired.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Eve is not to blame for plunging the human race into sin. That was Adam's fault. Clearly.
Because women aren't really fully human, but men are?

Or, women aren't responsible, but men are?

Or, women can be talked into anything, but men know better?

Is God sexist?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne

Is God sexist?
"Is God sexist?"

Are we talking Old Testament God or New Testament God?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne

Is God sexist?
Ok fine. It was Eve's fault. 😛

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
"Is God sexist?"

Are we talking Old Testament God or New Testament God?
They’re one and the same, Heartpence. If you don’t know that, that is genuinely shocking.

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
They’re one and the same, Heartpence. If you don’t know that, that is genuinely shocking.
Isn't that three and the same?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @js357
Isn't that three and the same?
Yes, one and the same is an expression common in America (don’t know where you are from and only mention that in case you’re not from the USA.)