Job vs karma

Job vs karma

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
If we are to assume Job is not real why do we consider karma real? Pretty inconsistent of you.
I'm not a Christian or a Hindu. Job, karma, reincarnation, all the same to me. How more consistent would you have me be?

Not believing in the Hindu concept of karma however doesn't prevent me understanding how they believe it operates, or from attempting to explain it to Becker. - His reasoning that bad things happening to good people discredits the idea of karma merely demonstrates he doesn't know what karma is and can only see it through the prism of his own cultist upbringing.

Moves
13 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I'm not a Christian or a Hindu. Job, karma, reincarnation, all the same to me. How more consistent would you have me be?

Not believing in the Hindu concept of karma however doesn't prevent me understanding how they believe it operates, or from attempting to explain it to Becker. - His reasoning that bad things happening to good people discredits ...[text shortened]... doesn't know what karma is and can only see it through the prism of his own cultist upbringing.
No I simply asked you why bad things happen to good people if karma is true.

Moves
13 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
No I simply asked you why bad things happen to good people if karma is true.
And I explained karma isn't limited to the current life. I accept, as a Christian, you do not believe in reincarnation. However Hindus do, and karma is their concept, not yours.

Please take a moment to consider that. A good person may indeed experience bad things in this life, which would indeed appear unjust. Karma however kicks in (for a Hindu etc) in the next life/incarnation.

Edit: If you have no genuine interest in understanding karma, please don't waste my time asking about it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 17
1 edit

So you are saying rape in itself is not evil, it is merely wrong because people decided that it is?
No, I'm asking you how an act is decided to be an act of rape or not?

E

Moves
13 Sep 17

Not believing in the Hindu concept of karma however doesn't prevent me understanding how they believe it operates, or from attempting to explain it to Becker. - His reasoning that bad things happening to good people discredits ...[text shortened]... doesn't know what karma is and can only see it through the prism of his own cultist upbringing.
Classifying both the same way as you discuss them. You should be an equal opportunity insulter.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
13 Sep 17

So you think Job was a mass murderer in his previous life? 🙄
I wonder who Cain and Abel were in their next life, LOL how stupid can you be?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
13 Sep 17

And I explained karma isn't limited to the current life. I accept, as a Christian, you do not believe in reincarnation. However Hindus do, and karma is their concept, not yours.

Please take a moment to consider that. A good person may indeed experience bad things in this life, which would indeed appear unjust. Karma however kicks in (for a Hindu ...[text shortened]... you have no genuine interest in understanding karma, please don't waste my time asking about it.
Karma is an idea to escape the eternal punishment of God.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
14 Sep 17

So you are saying rape would be ok if people hadn't agreed that it is wrong?
No. I told you repeatedly that rape is a crime under any circumstances, and that any rapist should be punished severely. Today the consensus as regards this matter is by far greater than that in the past, because we came some way since the dark ages; this doesn't mean that in the past, where less people agreed that rape is a crime, this awful action was not a crime just as it is considered now😵

Moves
14 Sep 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
No. I told you repeatedly that rape is a crime under any circumstances, and that any rapist should be punished severely. Today the consensus as regards this matter is by far greater than that in the past, because we came some way since the dark ages; this doesn't mean that in the past, where less people agreed that rape is a crime, this awful action was not a crime just as it is considered now😵
If you are willing to admit that it is a crime, would you also be happy to admit that it is morally wrong?

Moves
14 Sep 17

Originally posted by @rbhill
Karma is an idea to escape the eternal punishment of God.
Why does your God find it necessary to punish eternally?!

Perhaps your eternally punishing God is an idea to escape karma?

F

Moves
14 Sep 17

Why does your God find it necessary to punish eternally?!

Perhaps your eternally punishing God is an idea to escape karma?
I think that the idea of an "eternally punishing God" was conjured up by the people who had control over putting the Bible together in the decades and centuries after Jesus died in order to give the text - and corporate Christianity wielding it - more bite as an instrument of ecclesiastical and social control.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Bump for Becker.

Moves
14 Sep 17

So you are saying rape in itself is not evil, it is merely wrong because people decided that it is?
Bump for Dive.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Sep 17

If you are willing to admit that it is a crime, would you also be happy to admit that it is morally wrong?
Sure thing, It is morally wrong😵

Moves
15 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do you have a point to make with your rhetorical questions?