Jews, n. pl

Jews, n. pl

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Jan 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
As i have already explained my personal feelings are not one and the same thing as Gods execution of violent reprobates. No one has claimed that these judicial executions brought honour to anyone, least of all God himself. In fact if you read the Biblical account it states that he felt regret over it. You are arguing from a position of extreme pre ...[text shortened]... ht, bum feeling needed for you in order for you to be reeled in from your orbit around the moon.
You don't eat diary because you feel the production process is cruel, yet here you are defending someone who is going to murder a few billion people. And you call me ludicrous. Astonishing.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You don't eat diary because you feel the production process is cruel, yet here you are defending someone who is going to murder a few billion people. And you call me ludicrous. Astonishing.
and here you are arguing against an entity that you don't even believe in, wired! da moon!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Jan 15

and here you are arguing against an entity that you don't even believe in, wired! da moon!
I'm actually talking to you about your beliefs. Duh!!!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Jan 15

Were the children murdered in the Biblical Flood 'violent reprobates'?

rc

Moves
26 Jan 15

Were the children murdered in the Biblical Flood 'violent reprobates'?
Who is to say that they will not be resurrected and have the prospect of living forever in a paradise earth?? The Bible states that the 'whole earth' was filled with violence and as we know, God does not arbitrarily execute anyone. You have of course evidence to the contrary that they were redeemable, you being a Time Lord and all.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Jan 15

Who is to say that they will not be resurrected and have the prospect of living forever in a paradise earth?? The Bible states that the 'whole earth' was filled with violence and as we know, God does not arbitrarily execute anyone. You have of course evidence to the contrary that they were redeemable, you being a Time Lord and all.
Is that a yes or a no?

rc

Moves
26 Jan 15

Is that a yes or a no?
sorry, i thought you were interested in reason, my bad.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Jan 15
2 edits

sorry, i thought you were interested in reason, my bad.
I'm interested in a concise, direct answer. Either the children were 'violent reprobates' or not.

Is the term 'violent reprobates' Biblical or is that one of yours?

rc

Moves
26 Jan 15

I'm interested in a concise, direct answer. Either the children were 'violent reprobates' or not.

Is the term 'violent reprobates' Biblical or is that one of yours?
Its a self evident Biblical truth that God only judicially executes anyone he has deemed, irredeemable.

F

Moves
26 Jan 15
2 edits

You can take it how you like. As has been pointed out to you, few is a relative term, e.g a few pints of beer, a few thousand, a few million. Saying that we cannot both be right is simply spiritually myopic and rather narrow minded, unless of course you are willing to contend that a great crowd cannot contain a few million persons. Are you? No, then your argument amounts to naught but a windy scourge bag of gaseous air.
Well this gap between what you appear to believe and what galveston75 appears to believe was prompted by this comment of yours in reply to Proper Knob:

As for your ludicrous assertions with regard to God murdering the world a second time over, if you knew what the scriptures actually said instead of arguing from a position of ignorance, you would realise that he does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain to repentance - 2 Peter 2:9 - how does that square with your grotesque caricature?

If, for the sake of argument, all members of the Jehovah's Witnesses today were "saved" and everyone else was not (which is more or less your organisation's view of what will happen), then that would be around 0.1% "saved" and 99.9% "damned" (very rough figures) so I'm not sure how you can claim Proper Knob's comment is a "grotesque caricature" from the point of view of the numbers of people involved.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
26 Jan 15

Its a self evident Biblical truth that God only judicially executes anyone he has deemed, irredeemable.
Lot's wife.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 15

Originally posted by DeepThought
Lot's wife.
How do you know she was redeemable. You have absolutely no way of knowing.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well this gap between what you appear to believe and what galveston75 appears to believe was prompted by this comment of yours in reply to Proper Knob:

[b]As for your ludicrous assertions with regard to God murdering the world a second time over, if you knew what the scriptures actually said instead of arguing from ...[text shortened]... 's comment is a "grotesque caricature" from the point of view of the numbers of people involved.
There is no gap, i have already explained to you that the term, 'a few' is relative. Any sane and rational individual with the use of their powers of discernment could easily comprehend that 'a few', could still constitute a large crowd, as in a few million persons. This was the original premise of your bitching and vain search to find some incongruity. After epically failing at that you then seek to make something of the relatively few persons who are Jehovahs witnesses and correlating it with the entire population of the earth and claim on that basis that God is a murderer (citing properknobs caricature) when in fact the scripture indicate that many of the persons who are killed during the great tribulation will turn on and kill each other, as they did during the siege of Jerusalem, 70CE.

Its simply a battle against ignorance, it really is and quite frankly i find it rather tedious to have to address your ignorance of the scriptures and the plastic arguments that you attempt to fabricate on the basis of your ignorance. Its quite frankly a fruitless exercise. Why don't you learn something about the Bible before you type, its not that difficult.

F

Moves
27 Jan 15

Its simply a battle against ignorance, it really is and quite frankly i find it rather tedious to have to address your ignorance of the scriptures and the plastic arguments that you attempt to fabricate on the basis of your ignorance. Its quite frankly a fruitless exercise. Why don't you learn something about the Bible before you type, its not that difficult.
You sound a little bit flustered.

F

Moves
27 Jan 15
1 edit

There is no gap, i have already explained to you that the term, 'a few' is relative. Any sane and rational individual with the use of their powers of discernment could easily comprehend that 'a few', could still constitute a large crowd, as in a few million persons.
If, for the sake of argument, we take the 0.1% "saved" and 99.9% "damned" statistic on board, does this match what you were saying about Proper Knob's comment being a "grotesque caricature"? Do you believe that your God figure is unable to achieve what He desires ["he does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain to repentance", as you put it] and that 0.1% not being destroyed versus "all" not being destroyed is very far from Him succeeding in getting what He desires?