1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 10:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I still fail to see any problem with Jesus as a man and as a Jewish rabbi being married, as is expected of all Jewish Rabbis.

Question:

I was wondering whether rabbis are allowed to get married. In my religion the priests do not marry - is it the same in Judaism?

Answer:

I once had this exact conversation with a taxi driver. He was Catholic and a ...[text shortened]... ty.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/248162/jewish/Can-a-Rabbi-Get-Married.htm
    I still fail to see any problem with Jesus as a man and as a Jewish rabbi being married, as is expected of all Jewish Rabbis.

There is no issue. Of course it was the norm for Jewish rabbis to marry (although it was not the norm for all rabbis. Judaism was not homogeneous and there were some sects, such as the Essenes, which did not have married leaders.)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 16:541 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]I still fail to see any problem with Jesus as a man and as a Jewish rabbi being married, as is expected of all Jewish Rabbis.

There is no issue. Of course it was the norm for Jewish rabbis to marry (although it was not the norm for all rabbis. Judaism was not homogeneous and there were some sects, such as the Essenes, which did not have married leaders.)[/b]
    They were apparently a group that distorted the truth of God, just like the Pharisees.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree