Jesus vs God

Jesus vs God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jan 10

Who is more important? (to follow,understand,etc.)

I'm looking for christians views, but all others are most welcome

Z

Moves
08 Jan 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel

pretty much they are the same person. the holy trinity and all that. i view them as a larger entity consisting of shall we say to "views" in harmony

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Jan 10
1 edit

Well, one view is that foisting godhood on Jesus was the defining Christian error.

But if you take the view that Jesus was the Logos incarnate, so to speak, just as Gautama realised his buddha nature, then presumably seeking the Logos for yourself would set you on the path to finding God, whatever that expression signifies.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jan 10

Do you think its more important for some people to know Jesus and for others to know God? After all they are radiacally different things.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 10

Do you think its more important for some people to know Jesus and for others to know God? After all they are radiacally different things.
Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
08 Jan 10

Without Jesus you can do nothing.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Jan 10

Jesus has got youth on his side, God has the experience.

It's a tough call.

Moves
08 Jan 10

Jesus vs. God?

How many rounds are you talking about? Regardless, I think it'll be a good fight.

Moves
08 Jan 10

Originally posted by RBHILL
With the God of the Hebrews there is no Jesus, so I'm failing to see your logic here.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Jan 10

Originally posted by RBHILL
I can't even take a dump?!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
08 Jan 10
1 edit

In the Abrahamic religions, God is all-important. Nothing comes before God.

In Islam and maybe Judaism, Jesus is considered a prophet, and should be revered because he helps one interact with God - but God is the most important thing. Jesus is important because he helps people interact with God.

In Christianity, Jesus IS God - so your question doesn't make sense. However, paraphrased, you could ask if Jesus the Son or God the Father is more important. They are different parts of the same thing I guess. Jesus is the guy you're supposed to interact with for the most part I think. God the Father is more involved with events that relate to the environment and giving orders like creation, plagues, transformations into salt, demanding obedience, etc.

It's kinda like Jesus is Mommy and God the Father is...well, the Father. The Holy Spirit would be the love they share with you or something in this tortured metaphor.

But I'm an atheist, what do I know? To me Jesus is a much nicer guy than God the Father.

Moves
08 Jan 10

Jesus is not God in all expressions of Christianity. Many theologies differentiate between Jesus of Nazareth and the risen Christ. "Jesus Christ" is not a first name/last name label, after all.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jan 10

Without Jehovah nothing would exist. Col 1:16. "By means of him all thing were created." So all things in existance are because of his will.
But our future life's and relationship with him all hinges on our relationship with his son Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Without Jehovah nothing would exist. Col 1:16. "By means of him all thing were created." So all things in existance are because of his will.
But our future life's and relationship with him all hinges on our relationship with his son Jesus.
Col 1:16 is actually referring to Jesus, not 'Jehovah'. It is repeating the idea in John 1:3 'For through him all things were made and without him nothing can come into being'.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Jan 10

Originally posted by galveston75
So you. Answer: God or Jesus?