Jesus the bigot

Jesus the bigot

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Are you a JW? They love that chapter.
Not at all.

Any comment about how God is a sexist?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Do you know what a bigot is?

Definition

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
Try this on for size:

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

Not at all.

Any comment about how God is a sexist?
God isn't. You are.

c

Moves
05 Aug 17

Try this on for size:

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
See, this sounds like the view of Jesus towards people who don't believe in Him.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

God isn't. You are.
1 Corinthians 11

But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[b] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

Getting people to hate you?

God is the one in charge not me. I simply relay his message.
So.... you are a 'false prophet'?

False, because clearly God is not in you, and you repeatedly try to foist off your own musings as 'God's Word'.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

Ephesians 5

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

So.... you are a 'false prophet'?

False, because clearly God is not in you, and you repeatedly try to foist off your own musings as 'God's Word'.
I am sure one who believes homosexuality is pleasing to the lord would think this way.

You know that God agrees with you about butchering helpless babies.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

1 Corinthians 11

But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 F ...[text shortened]... not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man
You are a misguided fool if you think this means that, as a Christian, you have a 'license to hate'.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17
1 edit

You are a misguided fool if you think this means that, as a Christian, you have a 'license to hate'.
I do not hate. I love, but I also agree with God. I feel sorry for those who will burn.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

I am sure one who believes homosexuality is pleasing to the lord would think this way.

You know that God agrees with you about butchering helpless babies.
Pulling out the 'heavy guns' finally?

You are a hypocrite.

I still want to know how following a God of love gives you a 'license to hate'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
See, this sounds like the view of Jesus towards people who don't believe in Him.
Are you high?

c

Moves
05 Aug 17

Pulling out the 'heavy guns' finally?

You are a hypocrite.

I still want to know how following a God of love gives you a 'license to hate'.
Suzianne, I don't think God approves of abortion.

Why do you?

c

Moves
05 Aug 17

Are you high?
No.
If Jesus sends people to hell for not believing in Him, then He is being petty. Especially now, because we are 'forced' to believe in something that happened 2,000 years ago.

Seems absurd.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
Suzianne, I don't think God approves of abortion.

Why do you?
You are misinformed.