1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '21 23:41
    Is this the Jesus you know?

From Matthew 13

For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 01:082 edits
    @eladar said

From Matthew 13

For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him
    Yes. Jesus is not talking about wealth or possessions. What do you think He is talking about here in this parable?

"[Matthew 13:3-23 NKJV] 3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 "And as he sowed, some [seed] fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 "Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 "But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 "And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 "But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
    10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" 11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
    12 "For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; 15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull. [Their] ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with [their] eyes and hear with [their] ears, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.'
    16 "But blessed [are] your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous [men] desired to see what you see, and did not see [it], and to hear what you hear, and did not hear [it]. 18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand [it], then the wicked [one] comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 "But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 "yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 "Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 "But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands [it], who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 01:13
    @KingDavid403

So you are saying that Jesus rewards the successful and punishes those who do not measure up.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 01:193 edits
    @eladar said
    @KingDavid403

So you are saying that Jesus rewards the successful and punishes those who do not measure up.
    No. He rewards the Humble who truly keep seeking after God with their whole heart. Jesus is there for all, it is up to them to respond with the right humble heart. Successful is not the correct word here, as we will all fail and fall at times.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 01:25
    @kingdavid403 said
    No. He rewards the Humble who truly keep seeking after God with their whole heart. Jesus is there for all, it is up to them to respond with the right humble heart. Successful is not the correct word here, as we will all fail and fall at times.
    So giving those who have more and taking away what little the incompetent one could get is not being judgmental.

I guess you will call anything loving. Personally I think everyone should be given full measure and nobody should have things taken away. That would be loving.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 01:333 edits
    @eladar said
    So giving those who have more and taking away what little the incompetent one could get is not being judgmental.

I guess you will call anything loving. Personally I think everyone should be given full measure and nobody should have things taken away. That would be loving.
    given full measure of what?
    Sounds to me like you need to take that up with Jesus; if you are humble enough, He will be there for you.

[Matthew 18:2-4 NKJV] 2 "Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 03:51
    @eladar said

From Matthew 13

You never were a student of context.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 03:55
    @eladar said

So you're saying that you love people more than Jesus?

Especially since you missed his point the first dozen times and continue to do so.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 09:251 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    given full measure of what?
    Sounds to me like you need to take that up with Jesus; if you are humble enough, He will be there for you.

[Matthew 18:2-4 NKJV] 2 "Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of he ...[text shortened]... 4 "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
    Full measure of whatever those who have are given. Is it loving to reward some people and take away from others?

If we did that to children, we would be called cruel not loving. Why does Jesus get a free pass when being a jerk?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 09:261 edit
    @suzianne said
    So you're saying that you love people more than Jesus?

Especially since you missed his point the first dozen times and continue to do so.
    I am saying that if you actually read the scriptures, you will find Jesus is not the loving person that people like to pretend he is.

What is the point of rewarding some while taking away from others? He says taken away, not that they never had. Why would Jesus take things from others?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 12:24
    @kingdavid403 said
    Jesus said who is rewarded and who is punished. It is those who keep the commandments ie do good works and live righteously. This humble heart business and seeking after God with their whole heart is church baloney. They will end up like the goats on the left which Jesus described here:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
    Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
    prepared for the devil and his angels:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
    naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 12:331 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus said who is rewarded and who is punished. It is those who keep the commandments ie do good works and live righteously. This humble heart business and seeking after God with their whole heart is church baloney. They will end up like the goats on the left which Jesus described here:

Depart from me, ye cursed, ...[text shortened]... ked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    So you are saying that Jesus treats people differently depending on his opinion of your behavior? Is that very loving? I thought love was unconditional.

Jesus sounds more like a self righteous judgment individual if the Bible is to be believed.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 13:204 edits
    @rajk999 said

Depart from me, ye cursed, ...[text shortened]... ked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    This humble heart business and seeking after God with their whole heart is church baloney.
    It is scripture spoken by Jesus; it has nothing to do with a church numb-skull.
    [Matthew 18:1-4 NKJV] 1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

There are also many other scriptures on being humble. One does NOT get to heaven by good works. One can not work their way to heaven; it is only by the grace of God. One will automatically have good works if they are truly following Jesus. It is YOU who is currently headed down son. Duh...
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 13:531 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    This humble heart business and seeking after God with their whole heart is church baloney.
    It is scripture spoken by Jesus; it has nothing to do with a church numb-skull.
    [Matthew 18:1-4 NKJV] 1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of t ...[text shortened]... e good works if they are truly following Jesus. It is YOU who is currently headed down son. Duh...
    Proof that your doctrine is church mumbo jumbo is that you keep referring to "going to heaven". You will find nowhere Jesus saying anyone is going to heaven. This alone tells me that your doctrine is a twisted mess of church foolishness. In fact the bible says clearly that no man has ascended into heaven but Christ.

Next the passage I quoted clearly stated where Jesus explained in great detail about the good works on which people are judged, and which are required of them, before they are given everlasting life in the Kingdom of God. Jesus warns that failure to DO GOOD WORKS leads to damnation. But yet your church continue to regurgitate the false doctrine which discourages doing good works. It is no wonder that the most selfish greedy people on the planet are Christians.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 14:05
    @rajk999 said

[Numbers 12:3 NKJV] 3 (Now the man Moses [was] very humble, more than all men who [were] on the face of the earth.)

[2Sa 22:28 NKJV] 28 You will save the humble people; But Your eyes [are] on the haughty, [that] You may bring [them] down.

[2Ch 7:14 NKJV] 14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

[2Ch 36:12 NKJV] 12 He did evil in the sight of the LORD his God, [and] did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet, [who spoke] from the mouth of the LORD.

[Ezr 8:21 NKJV] 21 Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from Him the right way for us and our little ones and all our possessions.

[Job 22:29 NKJV] 29 When they cast [you] down, and you say, 'Exaltation [will come]!' Then He will save the humble [person].

[Job 40:11 NKJV] 11 Disperse the rage of your wrath; Look on everyone [who is] proud, and humble him.

[Psa 9:12 NKJV] 12 When He avenges blood, He remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the humble.

[Psa 10:17 NKJV] 17 LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear,

[Psa 18:27 NKJV] 27 For You will save the humble people, But will bring down haughty looks.

[Psa 25:9 NKJV] 9 The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way.

[Psa 34:2 NKJV] 2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; The humble shall hear [of it] and be glad.

[Psa 69:32 NKJV] 32 The humble shall see [this and] be glad; And you who seek God, your hearts shall live.

[Psa 147:6 NKJV] 6 The LORD lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground.

[Psa 149:4 NKJV] 4 For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.

[Pro 3:34 NKJV] 34 Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.

[Pro 11:2 NKJV] 2 When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble [is] wisdom.

[Pro 16:19 NKJV] 19 Better [to be] of a humble spirit with the lowly, Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

[Pro 29:23 NKJV] 23 A man's pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor.

[Isa 29:19 NKJV] 19 The humble also shall increase [their] joy in the LORD, And the poor among men shall rejoice In the Holy One of Israel.

[Isa 57:15 NKJV] 15 For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name [is] Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy [place], With him [who] has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

[Jer 13:18 NKJV] 18 Say to the king and to the queen mother, "Humble yourselves; Sit down, For your rule shall collapse, the crown of your glory."

[Eze 21:26 NKJV] 26 'thus says the Lord GOD: "Remove the turban, and take off the crown; Nothing [shall remain] the same. Exalt the humble, and humble the exalted.

[Dan 10:12 NKJV] 12 Then he said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words.

[Zep 3:12 NKJV] 12 I will leave in your midst A meek and humble people, And they shall trust in the name of the LORD.

[Rom 12:16 NKJV] 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

[Jas 4:6, 10 NKJV] 6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." ... 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

[1Pe 5:5-6 NKJV] 5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to [your] elders. Yes, all of [you] be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree