Moves
    03 Apr '24 15:50
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 16:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Charles Russell, founder of JWs believed (and stated) that the divinity of Jesus was retained, and was one of the reasons he should be worshipped.

Our resident JW here won't touch this with a barge pole and has only tendered a weak watering down of the term 'worship' akin to the reverence a chap might give his postman for delivering a parcel.

Charles Russell pre ...[text shortened]... e themselves rather than admitting their views have changed (and moved further away from scripture).
    If that is the case (I haven't seen the books) he was clearly wrong.

The hallmark of the JWs is that if they realise that they have something wrong they correct, which is why they stopped wearing crosses, and the observance of festivals that although are in the "Christian Calendar" are clearly of pagan origins e.g. Christmas. 2 Cor 6:14

There you go, no need for a barge pole.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 17:05
    @medullah said
    If that is the case (I haven't seen the books) he was clearly wrong.

The hallmark of the JWs is that if they realise that they have something wrong they correct, which is why they stopped wearing crosses, and the observance of festivals that although are in the "Christian Calendar" are clearly of pagan origins e.g. Christmas. 2 Cor 6:14

There you go, no need for a barge pole.
    Good stuff. So I will be gone pretty much for about a week. My son is flying in today from Tucson and will be here throughout the solar eclipse and then some. He's going out with his sister and family to a State Park to camp for a few days to see the eclipse away from the big city. They are saying over half a million visitors from all over the world will be here in Texas along the eclipse path. So gonna get crazy...
    By the way all of our best friends here will say "I'm distancing myself". Lol
  4. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 18:25
    @galveston75

Have a great time in the company of your son. We are visiting ours on Saturday including a Curry in the evening - you can't beat a good "Ruby" and a couple of beers to wash it down. Take it easy.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 19:36
    @galveston75 said
    Good stuff. So I will be gone pretty much for about a week. My son is flying in today from Tucson and will be here throughout the solar eclipse and then some. He's going out with his sister and family to a State Park to camp for a few days to see the eclipse away from the big city. They are saying over half a million visitors from all over the world will be here in Texas ...[text shortened]... o gonna get crazy...
    By the way all of our best friends here will say "I'm distancing myself". Lol
    Don’t forget to shake the dust from your sandals.

See you in 18 months or so.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 08:45
    @medullah said

The hallmark of the JWs is that if they realise that they have something wrong they correct
    Their “hallmark” is that they repeated make prophecies and get them wrong. It’s not a badge of honour to be false prophets.
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 11:24
    @divegeester

The next big one is the rise of the united nations as the would be rulers of the world - that was from over 40 years ago. There's stuff going through parliament now. I will be interesting to see what happens.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 11:47
    @medullah said
    @divegeester

The next big one is the rise of the united nations as the would be rulers of the world - that was from over 40 years ago. There's stuff going through parliament now. I will be interesting to see what happens.
    What stuff is “going through parliament” which you think is related to the UN becoming “rulers of the world”?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 14:12
    @medullah said
    @divegeester

I concur, going to be very interesting to see what happens the United Nations don't seem to have the power they had years ago.

-VR
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 15:56
    @very-rusty said
    I concur, going to be very interesting to see what happens the United Nations don't seem to have the power they had years ago.
    What specifically do you find very interesting about what’s going to happen or not happen?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 19:32
    @divegeester said
    What specifically do you find very interesting about what’s going to happen or not happen?
    Like you give a crap what I think! 😛

If I thought you cared I might explain it to you as you can't figure it out for yourself. 🙂

-VR
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '24 05:46
    @very-rusty said
    Like you give a crap what I think!
    If I thought you cared I might explain it to you as you can't figure it out for yourself.
    Just as I suspected, you’ve got no idea.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves

Removed by poster

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    @divegeester said
    What stuff is “going through parliament” which you think is related to the UN becoming “rulers of the world”?
    Medullah?
  15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 18:21
    @divegeester

Keying in my name after asking the original question doesn't get you a quicker reply if I'm away.

"WHO Pandemic Preparedness Treaty" and there has already been a petition not to sign it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree