1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 09:041 edit
    Once again we see this nasty cult walking away from people in need.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/19/keego-harbor-jehovahs-witness-mom-triple-murder-suicide/351559002/

I still remember rhp member @beauroberts who was bullied buy the leaders of his Kingdom Hall and him describing how they tried to come between him and his wife.

This cult is a social disaster and should be shut down.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 09:13
    It’s a shame our previously resident JWs, Bleep & Booster, aren’t here to help us understand how thier pernicious religious organisation is somehow not to blame and is being persecuted for being “awesome”, “beautiful” and “special”.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 09:42
    More related stories here from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/02/jehovahs-witnesses-silencing-techniques-child-abuse
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 09:53
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    More related stories here from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/02/jehovahs-witnesses-silencing-techniques-child-abuse
    Trying to flush out Robbie? 😉
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 10:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    And where is Galveston75 when you need him.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 12:54
    Once again we see this nasty cult walking away from people in need.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/19/keego-harbor-jehovahs-witness-mom-triple-murder-suicide/351559002/

I still remember rhp member @beauroberts who was bullied buy the leaders of his Kingdom Hall and him describing how they tried to come between him and his wife.

This cult is a social disaster and should be shut down.
    OMG, I wasn't aware of this story, or how pervasive and tragic this problem is.

I mean, I was aware that they shunned people, like the Amish do, but I wasn't aware how many of these people tried to take their own lives over it. This is not right and it is a tragedy in every sense of the word how they can get away with ruining people's lives like this.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:15
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    His response to the victims mentioned in the OP would most likely have been "Haters gonna hate!"
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 14:31
    Are JW members the ones who don't celebrate Christmas..?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 19:01
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    OMG, I wasn't aware of this story, or how pervasive and tragic this problem is.

I mean, I was aware that they shunned people, like the Amish do, but I wasn't aware how many of these people tried to take their own lives over it. This is not right and it is a tragedy in every sense of the word how they can get away with ruining people's lives like this.
    Why do you think I’ve been banging on about it for several years. It’s horrible psychological bullying.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 20:05
    Why do you think I’ve been banging on about it for several years. It’s horrible psychological bullying.
    No, I understood that they did this, but wasn't fully aware of the impact it's had on the community. My disagreements with them have always focused on their bizarro doctrines.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 04:27
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    No, I understood that they did this, but wasn't fully aware of the impact it's had on the community. My disagreements with them have always focused on their bizarro doctrines.
    Perhaps Galveston75 will swing by with a defensive salvo this weekend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree