Islam, not the religion of peace:

Islam, not the religion of peace:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
The church I used to go to in the Guildford preferred the M16A4.
That is because it is American made. ๐Ÿ˜

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

F

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I don't think the movie had anything to do with it except as an excuse.
So you want us to believe that the demonstrations and in some cases violent protests in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Libya, Lebanon, Gaza, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, India and Indonesia are about creating cover to kill someone in Libya and "nothing to do with" the film and with religion? Sorry, you write in such an unclear/hedging sort of way, I have to ask you to state clearly how you are conflating the assassinations with the demonstrations and protests. The assassination occurred under the 'cover' of a demonstration. We get that. But from that you extrapolate that demonstrations around the world are not about the film or about religion, but are seeking to use religion as a cover for the killing of 4 people 4 days ago?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
The church I used to go to in the Guildford preferred the M16A4.
I have no doubt about that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you want us to believe that the demonstrations and in some cases violent protests in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Libya, Lebanon, Gaza, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, India and Indonesia are about creating cover to kill someone in Libya and "nothing to do with" the film and with religion? Sorry, you write in such an unclear/hedging sort of way, I have to ask you to ...[text shortened]... religion, but are seeking to use religion as a cover for the killing of 4 people 4 days ago?
I've answered this already, did you miss it?

"Without the ability to read minds I'm sure that some of the people there are
protesting it due to the film; however, an obscure film with up to that point
in time I believe only had ~1k views could spark riots around the world seems
a bit orchestrated for my thinking. I think the murder/assignation was covered
up by those that started the protests, which does not mean that for many
the protesters now are not really there for the film's sake alone and now really
had nothing to do with the assignation, again genie in the bottle.
Kelly"

w

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
You may be right in general but there are extremist christian groups also, like the survivalists in Montana, armed militia in the hills just waiting for the day that civilization collapses and they get to form their own savage government. I just hope that day is a few thousand years in the future.
When it happens they will be ready is all. ๐Ÿ˜ต

F

Moves
15 Sep 12
1 edit

I've answered this already, did you miss it?
So, putting the assassination to one side, you now concede that the mass protests in several countries are about the film and are an expression of religious sentiment, contrary to what you suggested on page 2? Is that right?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
So, putting the assassination to one side, you now concede that the mass protests in several countries are about the film and are an expression of religious sentiment, contrary to what you suggested on page 2? Is that right?
I don't!

The mass protests are nothing to do with the film. The film is an excuse for tormented anger to fruition. There were few you-tube views, less than 1,000, before these demonstrations, and the film was removed. The majority of those views were in the West and not the Middle-East.

What we see is religious extremism ammounting to mass hysteria, which is normally the case with Islamic and Middle-Eastern religious PROPAGANDA. If it was 'religuous sentiment' as you put it, then their religion is beyond forgiveness; and after their day of prayer and meditation (if they know such a word) they take right back to the streets to progression of attack, and world hatred. And, contrary to popular belief, it isn't purely Anti-Americanism, but it is everything Anti-Islamic. A very sad outlook, indeed.

-m.

F

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by mikelom
I don't!

The mass protests are nothing to do with the film. The film is an excuse for tormented anger to fruition. There were few you-tube views, less than 1,000, before these demonstrations, and the film was removed. The majority of those views were in the West and not the Middle-East.

What we see is religious extremism ammounting to mass hysteria, w ...[text shortened]... rely Anti-Americanism, but it is everything Anti-Islamic. A very sad outlook, indeed.

-m.
So it's anger rooted in their hysterical religious sensitivities and it was triggered either by seeing the film or by hearing about its content or existence by word of mouth.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
I have no doubt about that.
Why so serious?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
I've answered you twice, you think asking a 3rd time is going to change my
answer? Without a doubt religious sentiment is involved, but how many of
those countries actually have the internet and the ability to see that film, vs.
how many people are being worked up into frenzy by people reporting to
them what was in the film? The film does not have to be real for what is going
to happen, I have not seen the darn thing and have no interest in watching
it. I again think it was a cover and more than likely what is going on now is
nothing but a recruitment of people who at the moment are really pissed off
into the ranks of those that really just hate the West.
Kelly

F

Moves
15 Sep 12

I again think it was a cover and more than likely what is going on now is
nothing but a recruitment of people who at the moment are really pissed off
into the ranks of those that really just hate the West.
The demonstrations in half a dozen or more countries are "a recruitment "?

F

Moves
15 Sep 12

I've answered you twice, you think asking a 3rd time is going to change my
answer?
Well you started off by saying that it had nothing to do with the film and that it was a 'religious' thing only in so far as it was part of "a cover" for an assassination. By asking you three times, you've changed to conceding that the content of the film was instrumental in sparking the demonstrations and you've said "without a doubt religious sentiment is involved". Did I think asking a 3rd time was going to change your answer? Yes I did. And it seems to have done so.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Sep 12

It took a while to find, the name is 'innocents of muslims' and it is pretty stupid:

F

Moves
15 Sep 12

...how many of those countries actually have the internet and the ability to see that film, vs. how many people are being worked up into frenzy by people reporting to them what was in the film?
I'd say there are several thousand people who have been demonstrating in each of those places. And yes they actually have the internet in "those countries". There are around 1,000,000 internet users in Libya. The figure for Egypt is more than 29,000,000. So, as for maybe how many this vs. maybe how many that, you can figure it out for yourself. Your assumptions, and your analysis based upon them, seem a bit off target.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
The demonstrations in half a dozen or more countries are "a recruitment "?
You find that hard to believe?
Kelly