Islam is foul

Islam is foul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
25 Jul 09
1 edit

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/07/25/saudi.sex.bragger.arrested/index.html

"In deeply conservative Saudi Arabia, pre-marital sex is illegal and unrelated men and women are not allowed to mingle.

A government official told the newspaper that discussing sex in public is a punishable offense that may affect anyone involved in the broadcast.

It is wrong to host people on television to speak publicly about vice and issues against our religion," said Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi, director of Mecca's branch of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, also known as the religious police.

g

Pepperland

Moves
25 Jul 09

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

"In deeply conservative Saudi Arabia, pre-marital sex is illegal and unrelated men and women are not allowed to mingle.

A government official told the newspaper that discussing sex in public is a punishable offense that may affect anyone involved in the broad ...[text shortened]... motion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, also known as the [b]religious police
[/b]
human rights anyone?

J

Moves
25 Jul 09

A government official told the newspaper that discussing sex in public is a punishable offense that may affect anyone involved in the broad ...[text shortened]... motion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, also known as the [b]religious police
[/b]
I know it's totally useless with your prejudiced ass, but tell me how this makes the religion of
Islam foul, instead of Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi and his so called "religious police" specifically.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
25 Jul 09

Islam is not foul! You, DrScribbles, are an epitome of religious hatred and despicable rhetoric brought on by Mark Steyn or something.

I ask you again, and this time I want a straight answer, WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN TO AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY??!??!?? 😠😠😠😠

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
25 Jul 09

Of course, Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi is not the Islam. Nevertheless it would help if Islamic people reject the words of a muslim who claims to talk for the Islam.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Jul 09

Originally posted by souverein
Nevertheless it would help if Islamic people reject the words of a muslim who claims to talk for the Islam.
I am sure it would help. However it must be recognized that humans often have trouble criticizing members of their own group when talking to another group. For example people will often think twice before criticizing their government or country in front of foreigners- though this phenomenon seems to vary by culture. Certainly most Christians will not criticize their own denomination especially in front of non-Christians.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
25 Jul 09

Of course, Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi is not the Islam. Nevertheless it would help if Islamic people reject the words of a muslim who claims to talk for the Islam.
And I have no trouble saying that. I just despise people who say that Islam is "foul" because of the however despicable actions of one person. Should we judge the actions of all atheists based on Christopher Hitchens? The actions of Christians based on Palin or Hitler?

J

Moves
25 Jul 09

Originally posted by scherzo
And I have no trouble saying that. I just despise people who say that Islam is "foul" because of the however despicable actions of one person. Should we judge the actions of all atheists based on Christopher Hitchens? The actions of Christians based on Palin or Hitler?
Interesting to see a racist be upset by prejudiced statements.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
25 Jul 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
Interesting to see a racist be upset by prejudiced statements.
I challenge you to name one good thing that would be lost if the world were to shed itself of Islam.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jul 09

I challenge you to name one good thing that would be lost if the world were to shed itself of Islam.
I will lose my 4 wives ... 😀

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
25 Jul 09

1,5 billion people will think there are many good things in Islam. You need more evidence?

@Scherzo en Twhitehead,
I agree with you both. The aggressive way Islam is treated doesn't help Muslims to come out of the closet either.

p
Patricia

Moves
25 Jul 09

Perhaps if radical Islamic men were more secure in their sexuality, there would be less of this sort of thing. Insecurity and fear mask themselves and delude the weak.

w

Moves
25 Jul 09

[/b]
What does sharia law have to say about it? In other words, are these new laws or interpretations of what the relgion says to do?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
25 Jul 09

1,5 billion people will think there are many good things in Islam. You need more evidence?
I'd just like you to name one example of something good that could not manifest or persist without Islam. Just one thing.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
25 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
What does sharia law have to say about it? In other words, are these new laws or interpretations of what the relgion says to do?
About 100 people have filed a complaint against Abdul Jawad, alleging among other things, that he violated a principle of Shariah law by "publicizing his sinful behavior," the daily said.

Scherzo will note, I am sure, that 100 is significantly greater than 1.