Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 13
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

either these words are false or your assertion that Christ is God is false, they are mutually exclusive. Plenty of People saw Jesus and you have as yet to explain why, if no man has seen God at any time.
Let me see if I can use scripture to explain it.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

(Hebrews 1:1-4 NKJV)

Notice that it says that God's Son Jesus is the express image of His person. This is why Jesus could say to His disciples, if you see Me you have seen the Father. However, it may be that no man can see the total essence of God, but they were able to see as much as possible of God by beholding the image of the Son, because He is said to be God made flesh in other scripture. Also notice that the Father goes on to say more about the Son as follows:

But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

(Hebrews 1:6 NKJV)

God the Father tells all the angels of God to worship His Son. But the Father does not stop at that...

But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

(Hebrews 1:8-9 NKJV)

Did you notice that God the Father calls His Son by the name "God" too? So was Jesus lying when He told His disciples...

“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

...?

(John 14:7 NKJV)

The Instructor

k

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Let me see if I can use scripture to explain it.

[b]God, who at v... (edit)... wn My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

...?

(John 14:7 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
Thanks RJ, nicely put.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jun 13
6 edits

A Jehovah Witness pupil writes:

please tell me what the Hebrew word for mighty god is and what the Hebrew word for Almighty God is. We have no problem with Christ being termed a god, or a divine being, after all, there are many gods in scripture who are not Almighty God, even Satan is termed a god of the system. Perhaps you will tell us also, the meaning of this verse,

Is there one God who is "Almighty God" and another God who is "Mighty God" ?

The answer is the Jehovah is called BOTH in the Scripture.

The 1901 American Standard Bible [once propogated by the Watchtower Society] proved Jehovah was both the Almighty God and the Mighty God.

Jeremiah 32:18 [1901 ASV] - " ... the great, the mighty God, Jehovah of hosts is his name ..."

Psalm 50:1 [1901 ASV] - "The Mighty One, God, Jehovah , hath spoken ..."

Genesis 17:1 [1901 ASV] "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be thou perfect."

Any teaching that Jehovah is the Almighty God and some lesser inferior God is the Mighty God is a man made false doctrine and not the teaching of the Holy Bible. Jehovah is clearly a God to whom both the designation of "the Mighty God" and the "Almighty God" rightfully belong.

Now go back to Isaiah 9:6 and read about the "child ... born" who shall be called "Mighty God" and the "son ... given" who shall be called "Eternal Father". It is Jehovah born as a child and given as a Son. [edited]

It is Wonderful. It is full of wonder.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonship
A Jehovah Witness pupil writes:

[quote] please tell me what the Hebrew word for mighty god is and what the Hebrew word for Almighty God is. We have no problem with Christ being termed a god, or a divine being, after all, there are many gods in scripture who are not Almighty God, even Satan is termed a god of the system. Perhaps you will tell us also, the ...[text shortened]... en as a Son. [edited]

It is [b]Wonderful
. It is full of wonder.[/b]
Other Bibles make this a little clearer it seems:

Jeremiah 32:18

Good News Translation (GNT)

18 You have shown constant love to thousands, but you also punish people for the sins of their parents. You are a great and powerful God; you are the Lord Almighty.

Psalm 50:1

True Worship[a]

50 The Almighty God, the Lord, speaks;
he calls to the whole earth from east to west.

Genesis 17:1

Circumcision, the Sign of the Covenant

17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am the Almighty God. Obey me and always do what is right.

So it seems God is clearly being referred to here as the "Almighty God" as these scriptiures are not speaking of Jesus.
Again...Jesus is never referred to as the "Almighty God" ever...........

k

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Other Bibles make this a li ...(edit)... ways do what is right.

So it seems God is clearly being referred to here as the "Almighty God" as these scriptiures are not speaking of Jesus.
Jesus in the old testament was 'The Word'. The word became flesh and dwelt among us.

John 1:14
King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 13

Other Bibles make this a little clearer it seems:

Jeremiah 32:18

18 You have shown constant love to thousands, but you also punish people for the sins of their parents. You are a great and powerful God; you are the Lord Almighty.

Psalm 50:1

True Worship[a]

50 The ...[text shortened]... peaking of Jesus.
Why are you so stubborn? You are headed for Hellfire unless you change your attitude. We are all trying to help you and there is no way you could not understand. It is just stubbornness on your part. Can't you see that sonship was explaining that might and almighty or interchangeable when it comes to God. He is the mighty God and He is the almighty God. Since there is only one God, in three persons, it makes no difference if He is called almighty in one place and mighty in another place. It is referring to the same God, doofus.

The Instructor

rc

Moves
05 Jun 13

Why are you so stubborn? You are headed for Hellfire unless you change your attitude. We are all trying to help you and there is no way you could not understand. It is just stubbornness on your part. Can't you see that sonship was explaining that might and almighty or interchangeable when it comes to God. He is the mighty God and He is the almighty God. ...[text shortened]... place and mighty in another place. It is referring to the same God, doofus.

The Instructor
how is telling him about your silly pagan doctrines helping him? you are the blind leading the blind, all you do is post reams of scriptures, you can explain nothing, you have no knowledge about the Bible, you cannot even tell the difference between the son and the father.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jun 13

So what's the point? Now the Old Testiment is no good for you and we shouldn't listen to it? It was all lies?
Did I say that?

Why do you put words in my mouth?

rc

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Did I say that?

umm because you're a sock puppet?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Your answers are not satisfactory to one asking questions because you never answer the question straight forward. Question: So will non-JW's be able to live in the paradise earth? Simple Question Yes or No

Manny
The fact is there will be precious few JWs there. Only those who can lay down their pride and submit to the living God and His plan for us. Mangling the word of God isn't likely to garner them a first-class ticket.

Question for the JWs: Do you ever pray to God for wisdom? Or do you make the mistake of thinking all you "know" about God to be forgone fact? Ask to be shown the truth of His word, for starters. Pride diminishes one's love of God. Assuming is only the first symptom of Pride.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 13

how is telling him about your silly pagan doctrines helping him? you are the blind leading the blind, all you do is post reams of scriptures, you can explain nothing, you have no knowledge about the Bible, you cannot even tell the difference between the son and the father.
More lies. I have told you both how the Son is different from the Father and also how He is the same.

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jun 13
1 edit

"The learned man is often full not of knowledge, but of himself."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 13

Did I say that?

That is their mode of operation, just like their father the devil.

The Instructor

rc

Moves
05 Jun 13

More lies. I have told you both how the Son is different from the Father and also how He is the same.

The Instructor
different but the same, haha, that about sums up your pagan ideology, pure nonsense.

rc

Moves
05 Jun 13
1 edit

The fact is there will be precious few JWs there. Only those who can lay down their pride and submit to the living God and His plan for us. Mangling the word of God isn't likely to garner them a first-class ticket.

Question for the JWs: Do you ever pray to God for wisdom? Or do you make the mistake of thinking all you "know" about God to be forgone f ...[text shortened]... starters. Pride diminishes one's love of God. Assuming is only the first symptom of Pride.
we are busy teaching and preaching, how anyone can read the gospel and not get the sense of a public ministry is quite beyond me, oh but wait, that's right, you pay someone to do it for you, when Christ returns and asks for his talent back, what will you say, I hid it in the ground?