isa 43:10

isa 43:10

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Aug 16

Originally posted by roigam
Too many words.

Is not our savior Jesus Christ?
(Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

That is the savior that Jehovah provided.
So, Isa 43:10b,11 is again clearly talking about 2 individuals.

How can you win a point by floodin ...[text shortened]...
You are not a whirling dervish, are you?
If you are, be careful, the Bible will win you over!
Sonship uses long convoluted posts as a debating mechanism to avoid answering spot on topic questions.

You just don't reply at all.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Aug 16

It's too bad the horned god you ascribe to can offer nothing better.
The True God, Jehovah, offers everlasting life through His son Christ Jesus.
He just wants us to come to an accurate knowledge of the truth.
Knowledge of the true God and the one He sent forth means everlasting life.

The taxman is a different story. 😉
People who don't ascribe to your view of God ascribe to the devil.

Gotcha.

F

Moves
27 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
People who don't ascribe to your view of God ascribe to the devil.

Gotcha.
It's self-sanctified trash talk.

rc

Moves
27 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It's self-sanctified trash talk.
awesome! 😵

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
27 Aug 16

Originally posted by sonship
Yuk, Yuk!

All you need now is a little tin cup, a funny hat, and someone beside you cranking music from a hurdy gurdy machine.
It was too harsh for you to hear that the Bible is stupid? Thank the stars that the inquisition is over.

I hinted at the vetting process that turned the scrolls into the KJB. Over your head?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 16
5 edits

Originally posted by apathist
It was too harsh for you to hear that the Bible is stupid? Thank the stars that the inquisition is over.

I hinted at the vetting process that turned the scrolls into the KJB. Over your head?
I don't even remember anyone saying the Bible was stupid. But something did get on my nerves. I forget what it was.

Do you think I'm going to waste much time thinking about that ? The glorious truth of God's Gospel marches on.

How about putting a couple of consecutive, meaningful, contributing short paragraphs together on Spirituality? I mean we all know you're adept at chatting.

r

Moves
27 Aug 16
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
Too many words.

Lazy. Are you sure you want to be a Bible student ? I mean 66 books and all.
Maybe you should just get your theology from a couple of car bumper stickers.

Is not our savior Jesus Christ?

I never said He wasn't the Savior.
And Jehovah God is the Savior according to your [b]Isaiah 43:10
pa ...[text shortened]... what the so-called "faithful and prudent servant" does to you JWs to turn you against the Bible.[/b]
If you read your Bible at Isa 43:10,11, it says that the savior is BESIDES.....
(in English that means next to, as in (Psalm 110:1) Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”..)
It does not say that Jehovah IS the Savior. It is through Jehovahs loving kindness that He provided His son (who is known on Earth as Jesus the Christ) as a propitiatory sacrifice to cover our sin and thereby save us from death. (as in (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all,...)

btw do you think that an endless stream of words will gain everlasting life for you?

I do commend you for the Scriptures you cite. That is god's Word.
It does require understanding them though, wouldn't you say?

r

Moves
27 Aug 16
1 edit

I do like car bumper stickers. i.e.
"Streakers repent, your end is in view!"

Think about it.

r

Moves
27 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you intend ever replying to my posts to you in the "dependencies for Christian salvation" thread?
I'm sorry. I don't remember ever being on that thread.
I will go there and check it out.
I am not ignoring you. Sorry.

r

Moves
27 Aug 16

I'm sorry. I don't remember ever being on that thread.
I will go there and check it out.
I am not ignoring you. Sorry.
I checked and I see there is one post from me.
I let it go because I didn't have anything further to say.
I appreciate your request and I will think on it.
Perhaps I can make a meaningful response.
I'm not sure I can say anything significant on that subject.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 16
4 edits

If you read your Bible at Isa 43:10,11, it says that the savior is BESIDES.....

It says that there is no Savior BESIDES ... Jehovah. What is a matter with your thinking here ?

The "servant" mentioned and the "witnesses" spoken of in verse 10 are Israel.

1.) The Isrealites are supposed to be His witnesses.
2.) Collectively they are His "servant".

3.) There is no God besides Jehovah God.
4.) There is no Savior besides Jehovah God.

Are you tired of reading ? Or can I explain some more ?

I will do you the fairness of reading YOUR explanation to the end, carefully.

(in English that means next to, as in (Psalm 110:1) Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”..)
It does not say that Jehovah IS the Savior. It is through Jehovahs loving kindness that He provided His son (who is known on Earth as Jesus the Christ) as a propitiatory sacrifice to cover our sin and thereby save us from death. (as in (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all,...)

btw do you think that an endless stream of words will gain everlasting life for you?

I do commend you for the Scriptures you cite. That is god's Word.
It does require understanding them though, wouldn't you say?

I am trying to understand where in the fifty four words that make up my version of Iaiah 43:10,11 you see Jesus mentioned at all. In those 54 words I see Israel mentioned and I see God talking about Himself.

There is no other God besides Jehovah.
There is no other Savior besides Jehovah.

THAT's what I see JUST taking the pure words of Isaiah 43:10,11.

So now you go to Psalm 110:1 to shed light on Isaiah 43:10,11. I don't think it is necessary. But you have a Messianic King in Psalm 110:1.

i think that is pretty much another discussion. And I am stopping here because i don't think to give the attention to what I write that I give to your writing. Maybe you fear to do so. I don't know.

Maybe I will comment on Psalm 110:1 in another post.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
27 Aug 16
4 edits

Originally posted by sonship...The glorious truth of God's Gospel marches on.

How about putting a couple of consecutive, meaningful, contributing short paragraphs together on Spirituality? ...
I'm saying that what we know as the Bible was cherry-picked from a collection of scrolls, by men with an earthly agenda. If the Bible is Holy, so are the rest of the scrolls. So there's that.

More important, though, is what leads you to think some sun-baked scribbles show a god's message to us? That's the best He can do? Kinda pathetic. No wisdom in the Bible that doesn't come guilt-free from other sources. Except the "believe in Jesus and be saved" thing which straight up identifies that the Bible God is actually evil. Because, I'm spelling it out since you asked me to, God's realm is more concerned about your belief system than about your behavior. The Hitler's get into Heaven if they believe that Jesus died for their sins, while the Ghandi's burn for eternity.

Any creator god that dishes out eternal punishment for mortal error is de-facto evil anyway.

Your Hebrew war-god can have his chosen, the rest of us are okay with that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

I checked and I see there is one post from me.
I let it go because I didn't have anything further to say.
I appreciate your request and I will think on it.
Perhaps I can make a meaningful response.
I'm not sure I can say anything significant on that subject.
Ha, no surprise. There is of course plenty you could say, you just choose not to. 🙂

I never fails to amuse me when the self-appointed "sole holders of gods truth on earth" cannot simply state what absolutely is, and what absolutely is not required for salvation. Especially when referring to the list I gave in the OP on that thread.

r

Moves
29 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Ha, no surprise. There is of course plenty you could say, you just choose not to. 🙂

I never fails to amuse me when the self-appointed "sole holders of gods truth on earth" cannot simply state what absolutely is, and what absolutely is not required for salvation. Especially when referring to the list I gave in the OP on that thread.
I'll check it again.
Sometimes truths are or should be self-evident.
What comes to my mind is:
(Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14) The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. 14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.
and,
(Micah 6:8) He has told you, O man, what is good. And what is Jehovah requiring of you? Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty, And to walk in modesty with your God!
and since Jehovah changed His focus in the 1st century {(Acts 15:14) Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.},the key is (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
It is easy.

btw We are not the sole holders of God's truth on earth.
The Bible or parts thereof have been translated into many languages so that it available to many people on earth.
The NWT of the Bible alone has been translated into about 750 different languaages.