No, only some people are mindless. 😲
    Great point😉!
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '22 19:32
    @moonbus said
    That is an over-simplification. "Thou shalt not steal" "thou shalt not kill" "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife" all have perfectly naturalistic explanations. H. saps. have pretty much the same desires and needs everywhere, that is our common physiology: people do not want to be violated in their bodies, their property, or their spouses. Those who did not care whether ...[text shortened]... sure domestic tranquility. It's not just chance, but it does not require divine intervention either.
    You are leaping way past what I was speaking about, a mindless process molded into reality through nothing but chemical reactions the ability for choices, and then judging the righteousness of them.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Sep '22 19:39
    @kellyjay said
    You are leaping way past what I was speaking about, a mindless process molded into reality through nothing but chemical reactions the ability for choices, and then judging the righteousness of them.
    Yes, we all know you have a difficulty understanding evolution and accepting that deep time really happened. We need not discuss it again here. Take it to the science forum, if you wish.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '22 02:17
    @moonbus said
    Yes, we all know you have a difficulty understanding evolution and accepting that deep time really happened. We need not discuss it again here. Take it to the science forum, if you wish.
    Yes, yes, yes, I have difficulty understanding something you are not going to talk
    about instead you want to discuss the tooth fairy. If you cannot stay on topic why
    are you here, just to insult?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '22 02:36
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, yes, yes, I have difficulty understanding something you are not going to talk
    about instead you want to discuss the tooth fairy. If you cannot stay on topic why
    are you here, just to insult?
    What's happened to you this year, KellyJay?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '22 06:45
    @fmf said
    What's happened to you this year, KellyJay?
    I’ve been wondering about this in recent months and I’ve come to a hypothesis that Kellyjay has been infected with strain of same intellectual pathogen which debilitated sonship, albeit the symptoms much less toxic.

As with sonship, kellyjay wants to proclaim his own truth as being the truth and doesn’t really want to debate it. Not really.

Hence all the riffing about not wanting to talk about “personal beliefs” and about “him” and what “he believes” or “why he believes it”. He invites discourse with a seemingly open question or OP and then backs away from it when he feels a pinch coming. Preferring Instead to post those blocks of tangential faith-speak and gently side-step the laser-focused question which was put to him.

Sonship on the other hand was a “bill-poster”. He would just spam all over you and the thread with several pre-prepared lengthy html laden posts.

Different styles but the same cause.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree