1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '15 09:19
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Even child anon ?
    Obviously, I was exaggerating for effect.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 05:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Obviously, I was exaggerating for effect.
    You mean lying ??
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 05:23
    Originally posted by JS357
    It would also be interesting to hear from Christians why they choose not to answer your request. Could it be the various Bible admonitions against humans judging humans on such matters, it being God's business to judge and avenge?
    Same reason many supposed Christians in this forum refuse to answer questions, duck, dive, hem, haw when asked anything about thier beliefs.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 14:24
    Originally posted by caissad4
    After numerous postings on several forums here I am convinced that he could not possibly be a Christian. (A Pharisee maybe)
    Being a non-Christian, I would be interested in hearing the opinion of Christian believers on his behaviour in these forums.
    Does he behave according to the teachings of Jesus ?
    The real question is...... IS RJHINDS REAL ?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 09:51
    Originally posted by redbadger
    YES. RJHinds is a REAL Christian.

HalleluYaH !!! Prasie the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 17:06
    YES. RJHinds is a REAL Christian.

HalleluYaH !!! Prasie the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Yes, a real christian Paulist who believes we should nuke ISIS. That is SO christian.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 20:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes, a real christian Paulist who believes we should nuke ISIS. That is SO christian.
    So you prefer to just let ISIS keep beheading the Christians? I would not think that could be considered very Christian. 😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 21:11
    So you prefer to just let ISIS keep beheading the Christians? I would not think that could be considered very Christian. 😏
    Let's see. A few people get beheaded. We launch a nuclear missile to stop those few beheadings, kill several hundred thousand people immediately but thousands more die in friendly cities nearby because of the fallout.

Do I have that down correctly? Am I missing something here?
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 04:18
    I think the current Pope is a true Christian. I don't think that RJHinds would agree. What does that tell you?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But they would never in a million years call it for what it is, not Christianity, but Paulanity or Paulism.
    Why don't you answer yoctobyte's question?

He asked you, "What is the difference between the teachings of Jesus and that of Paul? Do you think Paul is teaching something other than Jesus?"

And I would also like to hear your answer. I just think you're looking to chop down Jesus' greatest cheerleader. Does it peeve you so much that Paul was converted from a sinful persecutor of Christians?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:07
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Are you?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why don't you answer yoctobyte's question?

He asked you, "What is the difference between the teachings of Jesus and that of Paul? Do you think Paul is teaching something other than Jesus?"

And I would also like to hear your answer. I just think you're looking to chop down Jesus' greatest cheerleader. Does it peeve you so much that Paul was converted from a sinful persecutor of Christians?
    Here is one analysis of the subject, and they even use the term Paulism or Paulinity several times. Read it ALL before you comment please.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/maccoby2.htm
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:592 edits
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    What is the difference between the teachings of Jesus and that of Paul. Do you think Paul is teaching something other than Jesus?
    While Jesus walked the Earth:

Jesus taught what is and is not righteous.

Jesus taught what is required for "eternal life" / "the kingdom"

Jesus taught that ultimately what is required for "eternal life" / "the kingdom" is transformation into a righteous being: from a "slave" to a "son", from one "born of the flesh" to one "born of the spirit", from a "bad tree" to a "good tree". A "son" no longer commits sin, one "born of the spirit" no longer commits sin, a "good tree" no longer commits sin. In short, one must become one with God as He was one with God. One must become a son of God as he was a son of God.

If Paul was teaching this, then Paul was teaching the same as Jesus. From what I gather, the vast majority of Christians believe Paul was teaching something very different. How different depends on the individual.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 18:083 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    While Jesus walked the Earth:

Jesus taught what is and is not righteous.

Jesus taught what is required for "eternal life" / "the kingdom"

Jesus taught that ultimately what is required for "eternal life" / "the kingdom" is transformation into a righteous being: from a "slave" to a "son", from one "born of the flesh" to one "born of the spirit", ...[text shortened]... ans believe Paul was teaching something very different. How different depends on the individual.
    How do you feel about the resurrection of Jesus ?

Is it "beside the point" to what you have summarized above?
    Or is the resurrection of Jesus central to the normal Christian life ?

Is the teaching that Christ has been raised from the dead, just not here nor there; not relevant .. to all you have explained above?
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 18:29
    Originally posted by sonship
    How do you feel about the resurrection of Jesus ?

Is it "beside the point" to what you have summarized above?
    Or is the resurrection of Jesus central to the normal Christian life ?

Is the teaching that Christ has been raised from the dead, just not here nor there; not relevant .. to all you have explained above?
    The resurrection is central to Christianity

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree