Is Mother Teresa a Christian?

Is Mother Teresa a Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
08 Apr 07

The following may suggest not.

: In an interview with a nun who works with "Mother" Teresa (reported in Christian News ), dying Hindus were instructed to pray to their own Hindu gods!:

"These people are waiting to die. What are you telling them to prepare them for death and eternity? She replied candidly, 'We tell them to pray to their Bhagwan, to their gods.'" She was instructing these staunch Hindus to pray sincerely to their own Hindu idols and she felt that if they did this, God would certainly not judge them! No matter how plausible from man's earthly vantage point, when good works are conducted by unregenerate religious people, what is promoted is a cursed false gospel, encouraging the lost heathen to have hope in their false gods, even as they lay upon their death beds. In God's eyes, therefore, the entire endeavor is a cursed one, and no Christian should support, assist, or praise a work cursed by God!

The following is from an interview with a Catholic nun, "Sister" Ann, who worked in Kathmandu, Nepal, with "Mother" Teresa's organization Missionaries of Charity. The interview was conducted 11/23/84 at the Pashupati Temple.

Q: Do you believe if they die believing in Shiva or in Ram [Hindu gods] they will go to heaven? A: Yes, that is their faith. My own faith will lead me to God, ... So if they have believed in their god very strongly, if they have faith, surely they will be saved. Q: Today it does not seem that the Catholic Church is trying to convert anymore. I know that John Paul II is saying now that those of other religions are saved. You do not believe they are lost anyway, right? A: No, they are not lost. They are saved according to their faith, you know. If they believe whatever they believe, that is their salvation.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/mothther.htm

What do people think?

h

Cosmos

Moves
08 Apr 07

She's not a Christian - she's a corpse.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Apr 07

Originally posted by howardgee
She's not a Christian - she's a corpse.
As Christians we take a stand for the truth of god as it is revealed in God's word, the bible. There is no room for equivocation. Jesus Christ is Lord! All other gods are not gods at all.
This is the position all true believers take, and is the reason why we are despised.

w

Moves
08 Apr 07

Originally posted by mancityboy
The following may suggest not.

: In an interview with a nun who works with "Mother" Teresa (reported in Christian News ), dying Hindus were instructed to pray to their own Hindu gods!:

"These people are waiting to die. What are you telling them to prepare them for death and eternity? She replied candidly, 'We tell them to pray to their Bhagwan, to t ...[text shortened]... salvation.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/mothther.htm

What do people think?
To say that worshipping any god is the same as worshiping the one true God would be to divorce yourself from, not only the Old Testament, but the New Testament as well. Anyone, (including Mother Theresa or Ghandi or Dudly Do Right for that matter) is welcome to do so, but they would be starting their own religion if they did so. Either God has created a message of truth by which you need in order to come to him or he does not care. What then are the implications of a God who does not care? For me that is a sign of indifference which is the opposite of love. Does anyone want to serve a God that is not a God of love?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Apr 07

Originally posted by whodey
To say that worshipping any god is the same as worshiping the one true God would be to divorce yourself from, not only the Old Testament, but the New Testament as well. Anyone, (including Mother Theresa or Ghandi or Dudly Do Right for that matter) is welcome to do so, but they would be starting their own religion if they did so. Either God has created a mes ...[text shortened]... rence which is the opposite of love. Does anyone want to serve a God that is not a God of love?
By the bible's account, wherever a total is listed, we can tally the total number of people that god has killed. According to scripture, that total checks in at a whopping 2,270,365 people. As their numbers are impossible to tally, this total does not include the great flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, or the slaying of all the firstborn of Egypt, the addition of which would undoubtedly increase god's body count several times over.

How you conclude that your god is a god of "love" is simply unfathomable. Clearly your definition of "love" is something completely different from the standard definition. Any sane person would label him a maniacal god of hate.

http://www.gospeakit.com/science/bible-body-count.html

w

Moves
08 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
By the bible's account, wherever a total is listed, we can tally the total number of people that god has killed. According to scripture, that total checks in at a whopping 2,270,365 people. As their numbers are impossible to tally, this total does not include the great flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, or the slaying of all the firstborn of Egyp bel him a maniacal god of hate.

Well if the penalty for sin is death you could say that God has killed everyone on earth who has lived because we are all sinners. Add that to your tally.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 Apr 07

Originally posted by josephw
As Christians we take a stand for the truth of god as it is revealed in God's word, the bible. There is no room for equivocation. Jesus Christ is Lord! All other gods are not gods at all.
This is the position all true believers take, and is the reason why we are despised.
When you say "As Christians we take a stand for the truth of God revealed as it is revealed in God's word the Bible." OK, fine. Help me out with this truth.

I went to a Sunday school class at a nearby church a few months ago and it was on the sanctity of life. The teacher was pointing out how capital punishment was OK because the government has allowed it and Paul said we are to respect the laws of a nation as God has appointed leaders to put them in place. However, there was no such allowance for this teacher with respect to abortion.

I asked the teacher of the class if he could explain why there are so many sincere Christians out there who are against capital punishment? His answer: "Well they just have not submittted to the truth of the Bible." Is this the attitude you advocate?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Apr 07

By the bible's account, wherever a total is listed, we can tally the total number of people that god has killed. According to scripture, that total checks in at a whopping 2,270,365 people. As their numbers are impossible to tally, this total does not include the great flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, or the slaying of all the firstborn of Egyp ...[text shortened]... bel him a maniacal god of hate.

You left out the tally of the number of people killed by Satan. I think it is 9.

That is if you don't count the number of lives destroyed by his lies and deception.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Apr 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
When you say "As Christians we take a stand for the truth of God revealed as it is revealed in God's word the Bible." OK, fine. Help me out with this truth.

I went to a Sunday school class at a nearby church a few months ago and it was on the sanctity of life. The teacher was pointing out how capital punishment was OK because the government has allo ...[text shortened]... ey just have not submittted to the truth of the Bible." Is this the attitude you advocate?
Ok. I'll stick my neck out and try not to incriminate myself.
According to the bible, governments are in place by the will of God, and they weld the sword. The laws of the land are to be submitted to by the christian as long as those laws don't conflict with the law of God.
In Genesis 9:6 we read, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man. When a man "murders" a man he shows such contempt for God, because man was created in his image, that God requires death for that man. That is God's justice for murder. We're talking about the willful premeditated killing of another human being.

Capital punishment is the law of the land in some states but not in others. I do not advocate braking the law for any reason other than in the case of an unjust law. For example if a law were past that forbade the worship of Jesus Christ I would most certainly brake it. But I would not take the law into my own hands and kill an abortionist even though I consider abortion to be murder. I have talked to "christians" that believe our constitution allows for the protection of the helpless by such means. I'm not a constitutional expert, so I don't know.

Anyway, I stand by my original post.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 Apr 07

Ok. I'll stick my neck out and try not to incriminate myself.
According to the bible, governments are in place by the will of God, and they weld the sword. The laws of the land are to be submitted to by the christian as long as those laws don't conflict with the law of God.
In Genesis 9:6 we read, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: ...[text shortened]... not a constitutional expert, so I don't know.

Anyway, I stand by my original post.
Do you find inconsistencies in Jesus' understanding of the law?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
09 Apr 07

You left out the tally of the number of people killed by Satan. I think it is 9.

That is if you don't count the number of lives destroyed by his lies and deception.
Satan only exists by the grace of god. Being omnipotent and all, god could destroy Satan in the blink of an eye. But nooooooo, he sits idly by and allows him to do his work. They must have an agreement between them. So if there is any blood on Satan's hands, it ultimately goes back to god himself.

w

Moves
09 Apr 07
1 edit

Satan only exists by the grace of god. Being omnipotent and all, god could destroy Satan in the blink of an eye. But nooooooo, he sits idly by and allows him to do his work. They must have an agreement between them. So if there is any blood on Satan's hands, it ultimately goes back to god himself.
That is exactly right it is by the grace of God. Not only that we are still here also even though we are a fallen race as well but only by the grace of God. So I guess you view all the blood on the hands of the human race are equally God's fault. Oh well, some blame God, some blame the devil, some blame their parents, some blame their socioeconomic status for the failures in ones life. I guess it is preferable to looking inward. What a scaaaary thing to do.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
09 Apr 07

Originally posted by whodey
That is exactly right it is by the grace of God. Not only that we are still here also even though we are a fallen race as well but only by the grace of God. So I guess you view all the blood on the hands of the human race are equally God's fault. Oh well, some blame God, some blame the devil, some blame their parents, some blame their socioeconomic status ...[text shortened]... ilures in ones life. I guess it is preferable to looking inward. What a scaaaary thing to do.
rec.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
09 Apr 07

Do you find inconsistencies in Jesus' understanding of the law?
How long, O Lord, how long, until someone will answer a simple question?

w

Moves
09 Apr 07

How long, O Lord, how long, until someone will answer a simple question?
No man knows the day or hour except God himself.