Is it impossible to lose religious faith?

Is it impossible to lose religious faith?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
Were you not an intellectual when you received and accepted the seed of faith?
I have an intellect like any other believer or non-believer, but I would not describe myself as "an intellectual".

F

Moves
137d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
In other words, please give me some details of the faith you had, so that we can properly identify it.
I believed that Jesus was the Son of God who was sent to save us from our sins. I believed in justification by faith and that his death and that because of his resurrection ~ if I was repentant ~ I could be forgiven for my sins. Given what I believed Jesus had done for me and for all of us, I strived to obey his commandments and I believed that, to this end, I was helped by the Holy Spirit, and I hoped this would be evident in my actions. I believed that the reward for my faith was life after death [the actual nature of which, I did not know], something made possible by Jesus’ sacrifice and my repentance.

F

Moves
137d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Then prove to me that you were not a fake Christian, to begin with, and truly had what it takes.
I am no more or less able to do this than you can prove to me that you are not a fake Christian, something I am not asking you to do.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
Try to be sensible. In other words, tenable, or logical, or rational.
You can have all three. My posting is always tenable, logical and logical.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
You don't even have any common sense with which to perceive the sense I have already made.
My intellect is capable of processing clearly articulated posts. Your lengthy ramblings remind me of sonship.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
I sense that you are here without any sense at all, other than trying to seem to be making sense yourself. You are clueless about your own sense of existence.

In summary, you are in dire need of remedial sense training. Go back inside your mother's womb, and repeat everything from the point you first stuck your head out of your mother's birthing canal, provided you were ...[text shortened]... d of the senses.

I have nothing better to do today, and here I am, trying to make sense for you.
What nonsense are you trying to pass off with this garbage?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
In summary, you are in dire need of remedial sense training. Go back inside your mother's womb, and repeat everything from the point you first stuck your head out of your mother's birthing canal, provided you were not a breach baby, bottom first. In that case, start from when you first stuck your rear out into this world of the senses.
“Remedial sense training”

“Go back into my mothers womb”

“Birthing canal”

“Breached baby”

“Bottoms and rears”

Are you drunk?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
I have nothing better to do today
Somehow this doesn’t surprise me.

F

Moves
137d

@divegeester said
“Remedial sense training”

“Go back into my mothers womb”

“Birthing canal”

“Breached baby”

“Bottoms and rears”

Are you drunk?
It's Rupert Pupkinism.

Moves
137d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Shallow waters are noisy; deep waters are silent.

Anon
A wise assessment on water depth.

But I've also heard about fast-moving currents at the deep end of the pool, and I've seen the fast-rising bubbles that make a noticeable popping sound once they reach the surface. I silently contemplated who might have been swimming nearby.

F

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
please tell me what do you maintain, for the record. Faith is impossible to lose once we gain it? Or that it is possible to lose the faith we acquire?
People can lose their religious faith, obviously so.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
A wise assessment on water depth.

But I've also heard about fast-moving currents at the deep end of the pool, and I've seen the fast-rising bubbles that make a noticeable popping sound once they reach the surface. I silently contemplated who might have been swimming nearby.
You don’t half talk a load of crap PettyTalk.

Moves
137d

@fmf said
No. I have made no claim like this.
I said: You claim to have been a man of faith at one time, but are not now, since you say that you wised up, and deemed the faith you had acquired unworthy of your newfound "intellectualism."

And you said: No. I have made no claim like this.

Now I say: Are you ready to make this claim now, in front of God and anyone who can see our posting?

I note that you prefer to piecemeal your responses. Therefore let us break bread together. I'm now asking again, of what faith are you an ex from? We'll take it from there, to see what you claim to have lost.

Moves
137d

@fmf said
I have an intellect like any other believer or non-believer, but I would not describe myself as "an intellectual".
I said: Were you not an intellectual when you received and accepted the seed of faith?

You said: I have an intellect like any other believer or non-believer, but I would not describe myself as "an intellectual".

I now need to rephrase the question, for clarification, since I don't claim to be an intellectual either, although I got the impression that you were. By your comments I was assuming that you were. I had to assume because I would not know one, even if I were to bump into one on a public street, or on a public forum. Unless, of course, they had a sign hung on heads that read: I'm an Intellectual. And I would politely, and respectfully respond with, excuse me, my fault, but glad to know you, just the same.

My rephrased question: Do you retain, if you can remember, that you were any wiser then, than you are now? I'm asking for your own judgement, as to whether or not your level of knowledge, and keen sense of truth, had anything to do with no longer believing what you believed when you believed those things you said about believing?

This is what you previously said on believing, in past tense.

FMF said: I believed that Jesus was the Son of God who was sent to save us from our sins. I believed in justification by faith and that his death and that because of his resurrection ~ if I was repentant ~ I could be forgiven for my sins. Given what I believed Jesus had done for me and for all of us, I strived to obey his commandments and I believed that, to this end, I was helped by the Holy Spirit, and I hoped this would be evident in my actions. I believed that the reward for my faith was life after death [the actual nature of which, I did not know], something made possible by Jesus’ sacrifice and my repentance.

F

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
Now I say: Are you ready to make this claim now, in front of God and anyone who can see our posting?
"In front of God ?

What are you on about?