Is God a sadist?

Is God a sadist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Is there any way for someone to avoid going to hell if they do not believe in God but otherwise live a righteous life?
Love from your heart.

I know this isn't the concept of most Christians. But this is scriptural none the less. Love is the key.

There are many who claim to be Christian who do not love with their heart. And there are many non Christians who love from their hearts.

Anyone who loves from their heart already has God within them.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

So, to be clear, you believe someone can go to heaven even if they do not believe in God?
Yes

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
First .. . if you were confronted with two equally nice [physically] prospective partners. The first talks about love and how much he/she feels for you and having a great relationship, but does nothing to demonstrate that love. The second says nothing but shows love through action - helping, supporting, being there for you etc. Which of these would you choo ...[text shortened]... ly is not of God but is of the devil.

Read 1John, chapters 1 to 5, for further clarification.
Excellent

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
No one is righteous not even people that believe in God.
No one is righteous on your own, but it is in Jesus that righteousness lives

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

No one is righteous not even people that believe in God.
It is in our love that we become righteous. Even for those who do not understand, or believe.
When your love is from the heart, it is not just about you anymore, but Christ within you. Even if it is for just a moment.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

People are not righteous on their own accord and cannot be righteous by their own volition. So therefore no one is righteous. The only ones who can be deemed righteous are those whose sins have been washed away. But simply believing in God does not make you righteous. All have sinned so no one is righteous and not in need of salvation.
The last line of your statement contradicts itself

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonship
What happens to those that live a righteous life but don't believe in God?

Heaven or hell?

All human beings are in need of God's salvation. The need to be saved is universal.
What happens in every conceivable case among billions, I am not able to tell you.
I am able to show you that the need for salvation is universal since the fa ...[text shortened]... image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)
[/quote][/b]
What of Job, King David, Enoch - all of whom where called righteous in God's sight. Does this mean the scripture is lying. Of course not. They became righteous in there love of God. It is written of Enoch. "Love was found in him" . And with David, he sinned, and then repented.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonship
The subject is [b]"Is God a sadist ? .

I have a question. if all have sinned why should we expect that a large jury of those sinning against God should be trusted to arrive at what THEY determine is the appropriate punishment for them ?

To enact a penalty against sexual assault would you assemble a convention of rapists to determine what is the just punishment ?[/b]
This is a statement to make us think. What is the God we believe in. Is He only limited to believers or is there more. What of those people who fall into the cracks so to speak. What caused the king to reject the preacher who said, "Lord, i cast out demons in your name, i healed people in your name" and in response the king said "away from me, i never knew you. "

M

Moves
30 Jul 16

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
What religion are you, still Christian?
What does that matter? Are you incapable of answering the question?

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
What does that matter? Are you incapable of answering the question?
Being Christian is not saying i am someone who thinks i know God, nor is it someone who says "i am holy". Being Christian is our action toward others. It is not a title, it is what lives in you. It can be said, a man who is Christ-like, who loves from his heart, already has Christ in him. Even if he does not believe. Being Christian is not in the believing, it is in the action of loving.

As i've said before, sonhouse doesn't accept Jesus, God and so on, but that is not important. What is important is his compassion, love toward others.

It is for those like him the scripture was written, "Lord what have we done" . And He replied, "When you clothed the naked, when you fed the hungry" , when you went out of your way to help others in need, "you did this for Me"

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Being Christian is not saying i am someone who thinks i know God, nor is it someone who says "i am holy". Being Christian is our action toward others. It is not a title, it is what lives in you. It can be said, a man who is Christ-like, who loves from his heart, already has Christ in him. Even if he does not believe. Being Christian is not in the believing, ...[text shortened]... ou fed the hungry" , when you went out of your way to help others in need, "you did this for Me"
When I do that, it is for my fellow humans not some pie in the sky never around god.

Religions keep people, civilizations on a childish lets fight level of life, it is not uplifting in the slightest. That would be because there are too many such religions at each others throats, literally.

That is not anything like true spiritualism. That is religious fighting for control of congregations and the political power that goes with it.

A real god would NEVER set up such a system, since a real omnipotent god could just as easily speak to each and every one of us in their own language telling them how it is and how it should be.

There is no devil trying to counteract the orders of god or whatever. It is just men responding to other religions usually in a violent way.

That is why I say 'I want freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion'.

Religion is the scourge of humanity and we as a species will NEVER become mature till we shuck the shackles of organized religion.

It would be another thing if there were 7 billion or 8 billion separate religions, one for each of us with no interaction with the rest of humanity.

It is when they start agreeing on a god things go sour.

You think Christianity is THE true religion but the problem there is the rest of the worlds religions also think THEIR religion is the only true one.

My position is, a god would never in a million years WANT to set up such a cruel system.

Ro

Moves
30 Jul 16
2 edits

This is for Rajk999, sonship and KellyJay.

OK, let's try again and forget about righteousness. Can I just have a simple, yes/no answer to the following questions, so I understand your beliefs.

1. Is it possible for someone who does not believe in God to go to heaven?

2. If not, does that same person go to hell for all eternity?

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
When I do that, it is for my fellow humans not some pie in the sky never around god.

Religions keep people, civilizations on a childish lets fight level of life, it is not uplifting in the slightest. That would be because there are too many such religions at each others throats, literally.

That is not anything like true spiritualism. That is religiou ...[text shortened]... ne.

My position is, a god would never in a million years WANT to set up such a cruel system.
i totally understand where you are coming from.

but these things are not what God wants, it is what men want. If you read the teachings of Jesus (just at face value) you'll see how mankind has walked down their own path. And i agree - the churches, each one of them, thinks they know God better than the rest. i suppose you could say the same of me. but i don't have limits, nor do i limit God

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jul 16
2 edits

Can I just have a simple, yes/no answer to the following questions, so I understand your beliefs.

Looks like I am the first of the trio to reply.

No. You may not have simple yes/no to your question from me.
You may not get from me a binary yes/no on your question with questionable presuppositions and apparent ignorance of the Bible's teaching.

Now let me ask you a simple question about say, astronomy. You're educated and should know something about it.

I heard this poem - "Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are."

Now I have a simple yes/ no question for you. Are stars "little" ?
Yes or No please, so I can learn something about astronomy.