Incredibly smart atheists

Incredibly smart atheists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Why does asking you a question equate to the serpent questioning Adam in the garden?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just asking a question?
I never said it did.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Mar 17

Originally posted by josephw
I can't see it all, and what I do see I usually see too late. 😉
🙂 its that way for most of us, or at least the half that isn't winning.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 17
4 edits

Originally posted by sonship
Question by divegeeter to sonship
"Why does asking you a question equate to the serpent questioning Adam in the garden of Eden?"

Reply by sonship
"I never said it did."
Oh dear sonship...try to have some level of honesty about this...

Posted by sonship to FMF
"I think that you (FMF) look at sentences and contemplate how you can exploit them to insert into the mouth of people what you want them to say and emphasize.
This is like the serpent questioning if God really told Adam and Eve that they could not eat from any tree in the garden.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 17

Why is "sheer Cerebral ability" required at all?
Another bump for sonship.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 17

What other thing(s) do we need?

Seven other things are needed -

Christ, Christ, Christ.
And then ---- Christ.

At this point one definitely then needs ---- [b]CHRIST
In addition to this - Christ is needed.

Last but by no means least one definitely should have Jesus Christ ![/b]
Except he wasn't resurrected, he escaped up the silk road, founded monasteries on the way and died in Kashmir. When the guards were bribed to let him off the cross way early, he was 'slathered in healing herbs' a statement that doesn't get much press but you don't put healing herbs on a dead person. You put them on because he still has a heartbeat and was still alive. Three days later, a miraculous appearance but not to the Romans who would have repeated the sentence and he would have died for real. So he hit the road, went up the silk road, like I said, founded monasteries and died in Kashmir where there is a grave with half moon carvings in the feet of the person inside, Jesus Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 17
7 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Except he wasn't resurrected, he escaped up the silk road, founded monasteries on the way and died in Kashmir. When the guards were bribed to let him off the cross way early, he was 'slathered in healing herbs' a statement that doesn't get much press but you don't put healing herbs on a dead person. You put them on because he still has a heartbeat and was ...[text shortened]... r where there is a grave with half moon carvings in the feet of the person inside, Jesus Christ.
That is so much baloney. But what you could do for me is explain why the Apollo 11 command module is no longer to be displayed to the public at the National Air and Space Museum. I heard a week or so ago that the last time people would be able to view it physically was soon. How come?

Get that suspicious conspiracy mind of yours working about something else.

" ... the command module will be removed for conservation next year so it can be included in a future state-of-the-art gallery at the museum. The Smithsonian said the new exhibit is scheduled to open in 2020 and is titled "Destination Moon.""

"Destination Moon?" Hmmm. Sounds good. But we were already there. Right?

http://newsdesk.si.edu/releases/smithsonian-releases-high-resolution-3-d-model-apollo-11-command-module-explore-and-print

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 17
3 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Except he wasn't resurrected, he escaped up the silk road, founded monasteries on the way and died in Kashmir. When the guards were bribed to let him off the cross way early, he was 'slathered in healing herbs' a statement that doesn't get much press but you don't put healing herbs on a dead person. You put them on because he still has a heartbeat and was ...[text shortened]... r where there is a grave with half moon carvings in the feet of the person inside, Jesus Christ.
But you believe "The Eagle has landed"?

Where whistle blowers killed sonhouse?

I think phony conspiracy people talking about Space Aliens on the Moon are thrown into the mix to discount genuine whistle blowers. They throw in loonies so that you'll think anyone questioning the Moon landing is a loonie.

They're slick!
Get somebody to propose a loony theory so that all doubters of genuine Moon landings are lumped together with them. Sonhouse, falls for this scheme possibly.

So you ask why do I put this up in the Spirituality Forum?
I just like sonhouse to feel what its like to be on the other side of serious doubters.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 17
2 edits

Thousands of people may have worked on the project. But few needed to know more than what he or she was suppose to know to work on their section of the project. A "need to know" orchestration of a massive hoax that few were in on.
That is a possibility.

From 14:28 the simulations of moon missions is discussed.
Moon sets, simulated landings staged which could have been used for fakery.
And many only had a need to know about only their little part of the whole project.
"Just know only your OWN job."

I'd much sooner believe the resurrection of Christ sonhouse.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 17

Oh dear sonship...try to have some level of honesty about this...

Posted by sonship to FMF
"I think that you (FMF) look at sentences and contemplate how you can exploit them to insert into the mouth of people what you want them to say and emphasize.
[b]This is like the serpent questioning if God really told Adam and Eve that they could not eat from any tree in the garden.
[/b]
Bump for sonship

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 17

Why is "sheer Cerebral ability" required at all?
4th bump for sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 17
3 edits

4th bump for sonship.
When I wrote this:

I think my intention on this thread is to try to help some people realize that sheer Cerebral ability is not the only thing that is needed to come forward to the living God.

My intention was not to say great intelligents was required to come forward to God.

"Is not the only thing" is not to say "is required".

It is a misreading of my sentence to frame questions which change this -

"Cerebral ability is not the only thing that is needed to come forward to the living God."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
into this -

"Cerebral ability is required to come forward to the living God, plus some other things. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you understand there is really no longer any need to inquire AS IF the latter sentence is what I meant.

The mind, emotion, and will comprise the SOUL of man.
The conscience of man needs to be touched and activated to come forward to God.
In Bible terms the conscience is not a part of the SOUL but a part of the human spirit.

To receive God we must exercise our spirit which involves the conscience responding to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Don't ask me if a person without a mind altogether can come forward to God.
I don't know.

I do know of a case of a young man who was in a automobile accident and was in a state of coma for some days. When he awoke from the coma he was a believer in Christ. It is possible that he was already a believer in Christ. But his brother seemed to not regard this as the case.

And I do not know. But I know such a thing happened.

F

Moves
14 Mar 17

My intention was not to say great intelligents was required to come forward to God.

"Is not the only thing" is not to say "is required".
Yes it does. It means it is required but so are other things too. Three people queried it. Why didn't you just admit you had made an error rather than chuntering on about "Satan" and "The Devil" and the "serpent"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 17
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Three people queried it. Why didn't you just admit you had made an error rather than chuntering on about "Satan" and "The Devil" and the "serpent"?[/b]
Yes it does.
---------------------------

No it doesn't.

It means it is required but so are other things too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. It means, for those who think it is the only required human attribute and one cannot know Christ without it, that is not the case. The sentence is not an attempt to teach that great intelligence is a requirement to know God.

And that is why the title of the thread suggests that some atheists might be intellectually capable will not be able to come forward to God.

"Incredible smarts" is a requirement plus some other things, to come forward to God, is a twisting of the intent of my OP.

Chuntering on about "Satan" and "the Devil" and the "serpent" is sometimes necessary to expose how people can be influenced by their hatred for God and the truth to munipulate others' words.

Jesus called his own leading disciple Peter, "Satan" once.
"Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God but on the things of men." (Matt. 16:23)

Do you think then that a big fat opposer and enemy of the gospel the way you behave, will get spared from being compared to Satan sometime ?

F

Moves
14 Mar 17

No. It means for those who think it is required and one cannot know Christ without it, that is not the case. The sentence is not an attempt to teach that great intelligence is a requirement to know God.
What is all this unnecessary pride in aid of, sonship? If you are not a native speaker of English, just say so. You have now corrected your error. There is nothing to be gained from brazening it out.

F

Moves
14 Mar 17

Chuntering on about "Satan" and "the Devil" and the "serpent" is sometimes necessary to expose how people can be influenced by their hatred for God and the truth to munipulate others' words.
So it was "necessary" for you to "expose" my similarity to "Satan" after I questioned your inarticulate writing?

I didn't "manipulate" your words, sonship. I pointed your error.