If you were God?

If you were God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
18 Aug 06

Originally posted by Starrman
No of course not, since there is no reward for behaviour at all. The gift of godly powers is merely something they may or may not achieve by evolving to be capable of understanding and manipulating. It is written into the possiblity of their evolution, not their behaviour. A bit like Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke.
So your creation would have the ability to evolve just as the present day creation does?

w

Moves
18 Aug 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Your god knew, when he created man, that countless millions would ultimately be deprived of this "love".

Why would a being with infinite properties need anyone to share love with? Is he somehow incomplete without it?
Does everyone not taste of this love to some degree? The only question is do they recognize its source, no?

As far as why God needs to love, I can't really say as to why. I am just glad that he seems to.

w

Moves
18 Aug 06

Originally posted by Starrman
I fail to see the point in your question. You asked me what I would do if I was god, I told you and now you dsagree that this is what a god would do? How so? I am god here, not you. Unless you are suggesting that men created god...
Of coarse. Since you are calling the shots here you in no way need to defend your position. My apologies.

w

Moves
18 Aug 06

Originally posted by darvlay
You clever monkey.
Are you suggesting god evolved from a monkey?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 06

Originally posted by telerion
If I were a god, I probably wouldn't create humans. Too boring. In fact, I probably wouldn't create at all. I'd likely have better "god-things" to do like hanging out at the "god" country club or having raging parties with my Greek buddies.
What other god buddies?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 06
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
If I were a god, I probably wouldn't create humans. Too boring. In fact, I probably wouldn't create at all. I'd likely have better "god-things" to do like hanging out at the "god" country club or having raging parties with my Greek buddies.
For some reason my last post, posted twice.
Kelly

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by whodey
So your creation would not be able to fathom you in any way or is this another meth trip? I thought you wanted to party with them?
Dude, I made it pretty clear that I wouldn't create. Why are you struggling so much with this? "My Greek buddies" obviously referred to Greek gods. You've gotta step outside of your monotheistic box for this one.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
What other god buddies?
Kelly
See above post.

d

Moves
19 Aug 06
2 edits

Does everyone not taste of this love to some degree? The only question is do they recognize its source, no?

As far as why God needs to love, I can't really say as to why. I am just glad that he seems to.
That doesn't get around the logical problem - isn't it inconsistent for a perfect being to deliberately bring imperfection into creation?

Could god not have created humans that had free will which he knew we would all exercise in the "right" way (i.e. consistent with his aims?)

A
Just call me

Gark

Moves
19 Aug 06

What if they refused to believe you? Would you then make them believe?
Of course not. I would just watch them.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Aug 06

That doesn't get around the logical problem - isn't it inconsistent for a perfect being to deliberately bring imperfection into creation?

Could god not have created humans that had free will which he knew we would all exercise in the "right" way (i.e. consistent with his aims?)
God did not bring imperfection into the scenario. Just as He has choice, has free will, He brought free will agency into existence in the form of the other.

S

Moves
19 Aug 06

So your creation would have the ability to evolve just as the present day creation does?
Why not? It would be interesting to apply some sense of surprise to anotherwise uninteresting world, though I imagine I'd get quite distracted by the newly formed gas clouds in Beta Quarancia 4.

w

Moves
20 Aug 06

God's will is perfection. Therefore, anything that counters this will is imperfection. It is not a matter of God bringing in imperfection. It is a matter of us being able to choose imperfection.

If God created us to have free will knowing full well that none would "fall", would this really be free will?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Aug 06

God's will is perfection. Therefore, anything that counters this will is imperfection. It is not a matter of God bringing in imperfection. It is a matter of us being able to choose imperfection.

If God created us to have free will knowing full well that none would "fall", would this really be free will?
When god created us he knew the exact percentage who would fail. He could have tweaked that percentage up or down while still leaving free will perfectly intact. We can only assume that god wanted the exact percentage that we see occuring all around us.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
God did not bring imperfection into the scenario. Just as He has choice, has free will, He brought free will agency into existence in the form of the other.
Knowing full well that if he did, his creation would be a fallen, imperfect one. He then intentionally caused the events necessary to bring about a fallen creation.