if you haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviur ---

if you haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviur ---

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
11 Jan 14

Kewpie,
Cain, Abel's brother, was told to sacrifice an animal to the Lord God. He did not want to do that and wanted to offer food. Then God, spoke to Him again. Abel believed what he was told to do, but Cain did not. Cain also killed his brother, Abel. These occurrences happened near the beginning of history. The 2nd generation of man was able to not do what he was told to do. Do you think that it was emotion that caused Cain to not believe what God would accept from him? It was his choice.

If Cain wanted to be accepted, then why did he not do what he was told to do? Furthermore, did kindness, love, and compassion lead him to repent and offer an animal? No.

K

Moves
11 Jan 14

Robbie,
Isn't the "law" for those who are lawless? Is it for the righteous? What do murderers and thieves care about doing right? And how would murderers and thieves know what is wrong if they were not told? And what do sinners have to fear of God if He never tells of judgement?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
11 Jan 14

I'm sorry, excuse me, I must have stumbled into The Spirituality Forum by mistake.

rc

Moves
11 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Robbie,
Isn't the "law" for those who are lawless? Is it for the righteous? What do murderers and thieves care about doing right? And how would murderers and thieves know what is wrong if they were not told? And what do sinners have to fear of God if He never tells of judgement?
Because as Paul points out, every human has recourse to the faculty of conscience and remain free moral agents and do 'by nature', the things contained in the law (which inadvertently is no longer binding on Christians)

The prostitute who bathed Christs feet with her tears and wiped them away with her hair and who expended a years wages in perfumed oil from an alabaster case hung from her neck was she not unrighteous? Did the Christ burden her with guilt, frighten her with grotesque images of condemnation or publicly expose her iniquity? hardly, he commended her to all for her exceptional and tender hospitality and as an example of kindness worthy of imitation and she went away refreshed and rewarded! We are human, we thrive on love like a flower in sunshine, it makes us feel positive and healthy and if we try to force remorse on people will they not become resentful, because it must be genuine, from inside surely?

Anyhow I am conscience that this is not the place for this type of discussion, some people resent spiritual things, they have bad experiences at the hands of religious persons and they would rather that it be discussed elsewhere, we should consider their feelings.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Because as Paul points out, every human has recourse to the faculty of conscience and remain free moral agents and do 'by nature', the things contained in the law (which inadvertently is no longer binding on Christians)

The prostitute who bathed Christs feet with her tears and wiped them away with her hair and who expended a years wages in perfum ...[text shortened]... persons and they would rather that it be discussed elsewhere, we should consider their feelings.
You're up early.

IP

Moves
11 Jan 14

Hello KingOfPoint; a couple of things which you appear to state as fact:

'...we need our creator..' Look up e-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n (It's under 'e' in the dictionary). It gives an alternative suggestion.

And as for 'We are here for some reason.' What makes you think that then? Sounds like wishful thinking if you ask me.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jan 14
2 edits

awwwe waz up, robbie2awesome!.
Since you ask, I find you:

Blinkered
Stubborn
Insulting
Abusive
Childish
Dishonest
Vain
Boorish
Arrogant
Boastful
Haughty
Disrespectful
Egocentric and rambunctious.

But I'm sure we would get along in real life.

rc

Moves
11 Jan 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Since you ask, I find you:

Blinkered
Stubborn
Insulting
Abusive
Childish
Dishonest
Vain
Boorish
Arrogant
Boastful
Haughty
Disrespectful
Egocentric and rambunctious.

But I'm sure we would get along in real life.
you need to be more positive ๐Ÿ˜›

rc

Moves
11 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
You're up early.
I had not been to bed, its the way I roll dude, sliced open a Mars bar and a packet of crisps, things got wild after I had some Irn Bru. ๐Ÿ˜ต

K

Moves
12 Jan 14

Indonesia Phil,
Evolution is given as an alternative, but it is not a Scientific law. Science has not proven that evolution is law. Just because people want to force evolution on school children doesn't mean that it is a scientific law.

Even science doesn't always prove a law. If I have it all straight, a ceramic tile frozen in liquid nitrogen can resist gravity when connected to a ruler and the ruler is held upside down. However, the tile will slide side to side down the ruler After a bit, I guess the tile warms up and falls off of the ruler..

Evolution has not answered the question about our origin. If you, perhaps, were very knowledgeable and knew 30% of all that there is to know in our universe, what about the other 70% that you don't know. Why would you require that God is not in that remaining 70%?

As for being here on this earth for some reason. I was not born by chance. The planets and moons and stars were not created by chance. The planet and moon orbits do not occur by chance. Their order does not continue by chance.

King James Version
-------------------------
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

If you read further, there is more scripture on creation.

Later, in I Corinthians 15
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5) And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

12) Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

17) And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

19) If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20) But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

I do hope in Christ Jesus. But I did not make him up in my own mind.

KOP

Moves
12 Jan 14

you need to be more positive ๐Ÿ˜›
Add Preachy

rc

Moves
12 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by JS357
Add Preachy
dude please after all we have been through you betray me like this! Its almost too much for a mere mortal to bear!

Moves
12 Jan 14

His name is Jesus and he teaches spirituality. Your use of the term 'accept', is a little vague but if I may surmise (although I am loathe to assume anything), if you accept the teaching you may be happy and your Karma positive, you may not though depending on your disposition. Are you housebound? or remote? then home visits are a must! No money ple ...[text shortened]... some pretty lifeless atheists down there who need their bums felt to bring them back to reality!
Isn't this a chess site ?

rc

Moves
12 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by BlackBeer
Isn't this a chess site ?
Yes you have amazing powers of observation and an almost uncanny propensity for stating the obvious, it therefore begs the question dear Watson why some people were asking about Jesus, don't you think?

K

Moves
12 Jan 14

Robbie,
The woman who washed Jesus' feet truly was not righteous when she committed fornication and/or adultery. But she mush have repented from sinning in those ways. The value of her putting fragrance on Jesus' feet would have meant nothing if she had not repented.

Some people do pay attention to kindness, love, or compassion. Other people do not care about kindness, love, or compassion. Think about all the criminals that man has put in prison. Even then, prison doesn't stop murder and sex. Try to have compassion for an evil person and he can laugh in your face. To ignore judgement can be death in the end. For some who need to know of judgement, compassion shows no need to be redeemed. No need to avoid judgement.

If there was no judgement on this earth, then murderers could keep on murdering, thieves could keep on stealing, adulterers could keep on having sex with married people. Anarchy would ruin our society. But there would be no end or limit of evil. Evil would misuse the "good" things. The good things could be killed off. So, what good is compassion alone.

Compassion and grace is for those who are repentant. But for people who keep on committing evil and do not want to stop, what good is grace and compassion then? They are not implemented. They are made vain.