if there is intelligent design ....

if there is intelligent design ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Where do you get God says do not kill?
How do you know God said that and it isn't part of the illusionary world?
If this world is illusionary, and so too the life and death, but would it really matter, if this is
all an illusion? As you say according to you its not absolute and lasting, so who cares
what you do and how you do it?

It it doesn't matter what difference does it make if I enjoy a steak or not?
This is your lusty tongue speaking and not your pure spiritual intelligence.

You know what they say.................a lusty tongue leads to a lusty life of degradation starting with animal slaughter and meat eating..

What ever happened to mercy, kindness, compassion and meekness.

Remember: The meek shall inherit the earth.........(guess that rules out Christians.

The good shepherd is suppose to care for his flock and not KILL IT and EAT IT

And remember.............

Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the earth.

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Blesses are the peacemakers: for they shall be called children of God.

OH: I almost forgot ...........THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

So Kelly Jay: God has been very clear on the subject of animal cruelty and slaughter.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa

You know what they say.................a lusty tongue leads to a lusty life of degradation starting with animal slaughter and meat eating..

Remember: The meek shall inherit the earth.........(guess that rules out ...[text shortened]... KILL.

So Kelly Jay: God has been very clear on the subject of animal cruelty and slaughter.
Jesus made it clear that the commandment was do not murder people. Jesus was the good shepard who gave His life to save His flock (Christians and Jews that will become Christians).

"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."

(John 10:11 NASB)
"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

(John 10:14-15 NASB)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
... in the universe, why is there so much wasted space in it? It's about 99% empty (and getting more so, expanding at near light speed). Seems very inefficient. One planet and one sun would have sufficed to cover the creation story in Genesis. Any ideas?
Physics shows that the conservation of energy makes the universe very efficient from that perspective.

Galaxies are ecosystems and like ecosystems on earth it requires a disproportionate amount of space relative to to an individual within it. An ecosystem is also complex and co-dependent on adjacent ecosystems. The universe is a construct of space and time (space-time) and the movement/passage of time is dependent of mass, such as planets, stars and galaxies and their proximity to each other.

That there is so much space relative to matter is a factor of the efficiency of the universe not its inefficiency. It would be interesting to know how small a space the entire universe could fit into.

A

Moves
04 Aug 15

... in the universe, why is there so much wasted space in it? It's about 99% empty (and getting more so, expanding at near light speed). Seems very inefficient. One planet and one sun would have sufficed to cover the creation story in Genesis. Any ideas?
The heavens tell the glory of God.

He fixed the heaves to tell times and seasons.

The pleasure of creating.

A few quick thoughts.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 15

Remember: The meek shall inherit the earth.........(guess that rules out ...[text shortened]... KILL.

So you want to use the Bible to support your views on eating animals?
Do you use the Bible to support all the other things it has to say on eating as well as
God and other topics?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
04 Aug 15

Do you use the Bible to support all the other things it has to say on eating as well as
God and other topics?
Are cheeseburgers kosher?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

God and other topics?
I believe Dasa gets his views from the so-called Vedic scriptures and from the profound words of spiritual leaders like the self realized soul, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by Wulebgr
You heard about the Jewish dilemma?

Free pork.......

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 15

If you do not see any blood in the cheeseburger, then it is kosher. 😏

Über-Nerd

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Physics shows that the conservation of energy makes the universe very efficient from that perspective.

Galaxies are ecosystems and like ecosystems on earth it requires a disproportionate amount of space relative to to an individual within it. An ecosystem is also complex and co-dependent on adjacent ecosystems. The universe is a construct of space an ...[text shortened]... ficiency. It would be interesting to know how small a space the entire universe could fit into.
How small? Presumably the entire universe once fit into a space no bigger than a pin point. That was efficient! The question now, I guess, is, is it getting more efficient simply for getting bigger (at near light speed)? And how would we measure increased efficiency as a function of increased size?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 15

How small? Presumably the entire universe once fit into a space no bigger than a pin point. That was efficient! The question now, I guess, is, is it getting more efficient simply for getting bigger (at near light speed)? And how would we measure increased efficiency as a function of increased size?
Efficiency is the wrong word. Power density or energy density is more like it. When the universe was the size of an electron, the energy content is the same as it is now, 14 odd billion years later, just spread a bit thinner.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
When the universe was the size of an electron, the energy content is the same as it is now, 14 odd billion years later, just spread a bit thinner.
"spread a bit thinner" !!!
Like Kojak's hair you mean.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 15

No, you don't get to mix dairy and meat...at least that was the way it was when I was in
Israel. They don't have cheeseburgers on the menu even at McDonalds but they will sell
them to you if you ask. I also don't concern myself with Kosher, but would honor it if
someone came to my house.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 15

It appears you are making up things that are supposed to be in the Bible....lusty tongue?
With respect to animal cruelty, they eat each other while they are alive.
The scripture thou shalt not kill, closer English translation is murder and has to do with
human killing human not animals.
You have to come up with scripture that goes to the topic at hand, using it as you are
really doesn't address the topic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe Dasa gets his views from the so-called Vedic scriptures and from the profound words of spiritual leaders like the self realized soul, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
He should quote that instead of take Biblical scripture out of context to make a point.