If I was a god...

If I was a god...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by whodey
So there is no way to know anything about God if he exists?

I would beg to differ. If I create something it is a reflection of who I am. It speaks volumes as to my intelligence, my wants, my needs, etc. In fact, the Bible says that man was created in the image of God.
"So there is no way to know anything about God if he exists?" No, there isn't. Not as long he is silent.

"In fact, the Bible says that man was created in the image of God." Do your really think he is a human, yet powerful?

"I would beg to differ." And I respect you for that. We are all different. We think differently, and we have a different background. So of course our repsective opinions differ.

y

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
If your god was so merciful, why did it condemn the whole human race for the felony ... [text shortened]... de god for the express purpose of controlling other people and establishing a political power.
If your god was so merciful, why did it condemn the whole human race for the felony of one female?

That's really the point, the human race is not condemned through Jesus Christ.

w

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
As I am a human, I wouldn't seek love from ants. I wouldn't seek worshipping nor devotion. I wouldn't even care.

Why do you think a god of these powers has such a low self esteem so he wants the love from mere mortals? And punish those who don't give him this love?

Do you think god is a person who has desire for love, worshipping, and devotion? Why do you think he cares at all?
But do you not seek love?

How can you say you would not seek love as God but require it now to have some form of happiness in life?

w

Moves
14 Mar 14

"So there is no way to know anything about God if he exists?" No, there isn't. Not as long he is silent.

"In fact, the Bible says that man was created in the image of God." Do your really think he is a human, yet powerful?

"I would beg to differ." And I respect you for that. We are all different. We think differently, and we have a different background. So of course our repsective opinions differ.
How can anyone create something and not have it be a reflection of themselves? Give me an example.

w

Moves
14 Mar 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
In the story of Abraham and Isaac, god orders Ab to off his son. Now besides being a rather poor father figure, why would such a god, who knows the past, the present, the future of all things, therefore knew in advance what the outcome of its edict would have been, why would this god do such an unspeakably cruel thing to his supposedly beloved follower, where ...[text shortened]... made god for the express purpose of controlling other people and establishing a political power.[/b]
At first glance, this story would appear to be "cruel".

However, what you fail to consider is that in the ancient world people would worship other gods and sacrifice their children to such gods.

The God of the Bible saw this as an unbearable evil and is one of the reasons that he had the Israelites drive out the Canaanites from the Holy Land. Telling Abraham to sacrifice his son and then stop him from doing it sent a message to all that the God of the Bible was different.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
If your god was so merciful, why did it condemn the whole human race for the felony of one female?

That's really the point, the human race is not condemned through Jesus Christ.
Ah, so the human race was condemned for several thousand years and THEN this god of yours noticed something was wrong?

How gullible do you think we are?

Never mind, I forgot, several billion and counting fell for all this BS.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Mar 14

At first glance, this story would appear to be "cruel".

However, what you fail to consider is that in the ancient world people would worship other gods and sacrifice their children to such gods.

The God of the Bible saw this as an unbearable evil and is one of the reasons that he had the Israelites drive out the Canaanites from the Holy Land. Telling A ...[text shortened]... n and then stop him from doing it sent a message to all that the God of the Bible was different.
At first glance it appears to be cruel? At second glance, at third glance it still appears to be cruel.

This god did not need to inflict such cruelty on a worshiper.

It just goes to show how man made this god really is.

Your brainwashing cannot comprehend the idea all of this is just made up stories to scare people into submission.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

But do you not seek love?

How can you say you would not seek love as God but require it now to have some form of happiness in life?
"But do you not seek love? " Of course, but I am not god.
"How can you say you would not seek love as God..." Do you have any experience of being god? I don't.

w

Moves
14 Mar 14

"But do you not seek love? " Of course, but I am not god.
"How can you say you would not seek love as God..." Do you have any experience of being god? I don't.
You seek love because it is your nature to do so. If you were God and it were your nature you would as well.

Why would God create something that is against his nature?

Moves
14 Mar 14

You seek love because it is your nature to do so. If you were God and it were your nature you would as well.

is creating 'sin' part of his nature?

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

Of course, I seek love, I am a human being.
Of gods I don't know anything about.

Do you really think that gods need love? From us small mortal human beings? Do I need love from the ants in my garden? I don't think so.

d

Moves
14 Mar 14

Ants doesn't speak about humans. Why would humans speak about a god?
Can we talk about this? (It's more interesting)

Why do you hate ants and what makes you think that humankind isn't a topic of their communications, directly or otherwise?

F

Moves
14 Mar 14
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Can we talk about this? (It's more interesting)

Why do you hate ants and what makes you think that humankind isn't a topic of their communications, directly or otherwise?
Of course can we talk about this, why not?

I don't hate ants, why would I?
I haven't a clue if they talk about us or not, but I don't think they do.I hope I haven't given you an impression that I know much about ants. I have them in my garden, they have always lived there. They don't bother me, and I leave them in peace. We have a good relationship.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Mar 14

Of course can we talk about this, why not?

I don't hate ants, why would I?
I haven't a clue if they talk about us or not, but I don't think they do.I hope I haven't given you an impression that I know much about ants. I have them in my garden, they have always lived there. They don't bother me, and I leave them in peace. We have a good relationship.
Ants are ok. Uncles, not so much🙂

w

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
is creating 'sin' part of his nature?
Sin is choosing to reject a God of love.