If I was a god...

If I was a god...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

If I was a god, if I was the one that made the first quantum particle go unstable and therefore ignite the big bang, and after some 14 billion of years there was a tiny speck of life evolving into humans on a planet in the outside of a galaxy, would I wanted to be worshipped by them? Would I want the human beings go to war over me, to kill others, to speak in my name?

Would anyone understand my thoughts, my will, my intentions? Like an ant doesn't understand the reasoning of a human observing them, would humans understand *me*?

I they wrote a book explaining me, without even knowing me, wouldn't that be laughable? If the pray and think that I ever will answer them, wouldn't that be laughable? If they sacrifies people and animals to my honour, and think that I would be happier because of that, wouldn't that be laughable?

Ants doesn't speak about humans. Why would humans speak about a god?

K

Moves
14 Mar 14

The sacrifice of animals by Israel included offerings of blood to symbolize or cover sins of Israel. But later, Christ who is called the Lamb of God, sacrificed his blood for the sins of the whole world that they could have forgiveness from God.

If I am not wrong, in the bible, it says that God did not delight in the sacrifice of rams and bulls. However, blood was needed to cover sins.

If you were God. You would know all things. You would know your righteousness and holiness. You would know that humans were born sinners. You would know that they did not have fellowship with "You."

You could do things that humans cannot imagine or think. But as humans you and I cannot understand with our minds what God keeps from us. Why He doesn't tell us all things, I don't know. But God did tell us about salvation and to received it. All knowledge is not required in this life to gain eternal life. But God says Christ is required to give us eternal life.

K

Moves
14 Mar 14

The God of the bible gives man autonomy to choose even things that God doesn't want us to do. But it will not last forever. It will end too. God will take over, but the redeemed will no longer have the sin nature and be able to naturally choose what is right in God's sight in all things.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
The sacrifice of animals by Israel included offerings of blood to symbolize or cover sins of Israel. But later, Christ who is called the Lamb of God, sacrificed his blood for the sins of the whole world that they could have forgiveness from God.

If I am not wrong, in the bible, it says that God did not delight in the sacrifice of rams and bulls. How ...[text shortened]... red in this life to gain eternal life. But God says Christ is required to give us eternal life.
"You would know all things." How would you know?
"...the bible, it says that God..." How would anyone know?
"...God did tell us about salvation" Did he? How would you know?
"But God says Christ is required to give us eternal life." How would you know

Some think they know god but how can they do that? The writers of the bible thought that, but how would they know? God is silent, he doesn't say anything. He doesn't tell us who describes him best, who understands him best? He is silent. Yet every denomination says that they, and only they know him best, that god is on their side, they they interpret the bible best of all. Conclusion, noone knows anything about god. And god is silent.

...and god is silent.

K

Moves
14 Mar 14

The God of the bible wants us to have faith. God can be silent directly to us. But that doesn't mean He left out His word. The God of Israel showed his power in front of Israel against the Egyptions. Before, he was silent, I guess, for 400 years. God caused Jericho walls to fall even though Israel only marched around the walls and blew ram's horns or something else. He revealed himself to Israel once.

Even then, they turned against living with God's laws. There sight of God's power did not keep from going away from him. One day, it will not be that way for the believer in Christ. Eternal life will allow freedom from sin and the removal of a block of a "see-able" experience.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

The God of the bible wants us to have faith. God can be silent directly to us. But that doesn't mean He left out His word. The God of Israel showed his power in front of Israel against the Egyptions. Before, he was silent, I guess, for 400 years. God caused Jericho walls to fall even though Israel only marched around the walls and blew ram's horns o ...[text shortened]... Eternal life will allow freedom from sin and the removal of a block of a "see-able" experience.
Do you think god would care to write a bible in his honour? Would humans like to have a bible written by ants to our honour? How would we know? Why would god care?

We don't know anything, and I say anything, about god. What we know is what the bible writers thought about god, their opinions about him. Nothing, and I say nothing, more.

We live in the outskirts of a galaxy. Life happened to evolve here. Is he interested? Would I as a human be interested if an ant put a pine needle in this or that way? I don't think so. Why would god be interested if we did this or that?

Tell me anything about god that (1) everyone can agree upon, and (2) if it's not written in the bible? We know nothing about god.
Because god is silent. He never says we should do this or that. As i wouldn't say how an ant would build their home.

K

Moves
14 Mar 14

Fabian,
I hope to type more another time. However, unlike us with ants, God did communicate to Israel. And Christ communicated to part of Israel. Christ communicated to disciples, and some became Apostles.

After Christ died. Salvation was made available to Gentiles and not just Israel. The bible was given in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. Of course, translations have been made into other languages. Although, you and I don't have the original languages, the translations offer us understanding to some level. Sometimes, we may have to go back to the Hebrew, or Greek to see the real meaning of a word or more. My English translation doesn't always show exact tense of a word or whatever.

For example, I am told that when Christ said "ask and ye shall receive," it really means to ask continually rather than just one time.

Even though, God did not give His word directly to you and me, its translation did get to us. But when Christians refer to the scriptures, don't think of them as the translations of the original languages. If Christians say 'the scriptures," they can really be talking about the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.

It is common for Christians to believe that Genesis through The Revelation are all scriptures of God. However, I don't know if all else of the New Testament had been written before 2 Timothy was being written when referring to "all scripture".

I am not saying that all of the New Testament is not scripture. Personally, I wonder though. One example, I might wonder about is when Paul wrote something like, "I give this by permission and not commandment" when he thought that a man should be as him in that he did not have a wife. However, he does clearly say that it is by permission. But whatever 'not by commandment' meant, I don't know exactly.

Also, think of Paul's writings as letters to people or groups of people. But this doesn't mean that they are not scripture just because they are called letters.

Lastly, the "scripture" in the bible were given by God's inspiration. So, someone's claiming that men wrote the bible doesn't prove that God did not tell these men to write what they wrote. God used men to relate to other people. One example is Jonah who warned Nineveh.

The bible says:

2 Timothy 3: 16 of the KJV
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
---------------------------

And certain prophecy was given by God's Holy Spirit:
---------------------------

2 Peter 1:20, 21 of the KJV
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
--------------------------

And then there is another bible verse to add

---------------------

2 Peter 1; 16 of the KJV
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

K

Moves
14 Mar 14

God is silent to you and me. But the bible does exist based on the original languages. It was written by, I guess, at least, 40 writers.

God did communicate to Jonah, Noah, Abraham, and Moses through one way or another. Some people in current history may think that God has spoken to them; but, I don't trust in that.. But I certainly don't think that God won't talk to anyone He chooses.

Unfortunately, all of the world differs on the God of the bible. As for a common belief that is shared among religions about "God" and that believe only in 1 "God," I don't know what it is or they are. However, apparently, the Muslims do believe in the person of Jesus, but not His deity, and in Abraham, and Ishmael. and Moses.

I have not studied all religious beliefs. But everyone in the world disagrees with someone else in the world somewhere.

K

Moves
14 Mar 14

Fabian,
What God cares about most is His will, and sin and our being against Him.

Otherwise, He gives us autonomy. Even Adam was allowed to name all the animals he saw. God did not name them.

y

Moves
14 Mar 14
2 edits

Do you think you could be wrong?

w

Moves
14 Mar 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If I was a god, if I was the one that made the first quantum particle go unstable and therefore ignite the big bang, and after some 14 billion of years there was a tiny speck of life evolving into humans on a planet in the outside of a galaxy, would I wanted to be worshipped by them? Would I want the human beings go to war over me, to kill others, to spea ...[text shortened]... ldn't that be laughable?

Ants doesn't speak about humans. Why would humans speak about a god?
Imagine you had all the power in the universe and knew everything there was about the universe. Would you get bored?

Now imagine you purposefully give up some of that power to human will. Would that not captivate your attention?

If I were God I would not seek worship, I would seek to be loved by my creation who had the freedom to love me back or reject me. Worship would then simply be a natural outflow of such love. In fact, reading the Bible it is obvious that God rejects worship where peoples hearts are not in such worship. If I simply wanted creatures to worship me I would not have given them the option to not worship.

As for no one every understanding me, if you were an all powerful, all knowing, infinite being, then no one could fully know or understand you unless they were greater than you, which would be an impossibility. The only other way to relate to such a being would be to accept what they say with some things being understood and other things not understood. For those things that finite beings could not understand you would have the option of faith or reject what is being said.

You say that God never speaks? I thought people believe that he came down in the flesh to walk and talk with us?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Mar 14

Fabian,
What God cares about most is His will, and sin and our being against Him.

Otherwise, He gives us autonomy. Even Adam was allowed to name all the animals he saw. God did not name them.
If your god was so merciful, why did it condemn the whole human race for the felony of one female?

If your god was so merciful, why did it cause a world wide flood, killing all the animals on land to spite the humans who resisted this god?

Why would a god say "I am a jealous god" as if it had emotions like human beings.

Why would not a god just say hi to all people in all their languages all at once to announce itself?

In the story of Abraham and Isaac, god orders Ab to off his son. Now besides being a rather poor father figure, why would such a god, who knows the past, the present, the future of all things, therefore knew in advance what the outcome of its edict would have been, why would this god do such an unspeakably cruel thing to his supposedly beloved follower, where this god felt it needed a test when it would have known the outcome explicitly.

All these "facts'' from your bible just shows how mankind artificially instilled human attributes into a man made god for the express purpose of controlling other people and establishing a political power.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
Do you think you could be wrong?
Interesting question!

If I would answer "Yes, I could be wrong", then I expect anyone else to admit the same thing too. Because I don't know, I don't pretend I can know god. There is no way to learn about god, if you don't accept the bible as the prime info. And you cannot, because it is written by the hands of people who have an agenda by writing the bible.

If I would answer "No, I cannot be wrong", then I would do the same thing as others do, to believe in ones own infallibility. And this is worth nothing but critics. I usually say "Tell me one who know the Ultimate Truth, the I show you one that surely don't know it."

So my answer would be: "Of course I can be wrong."

What would be your answer if I ask you the same question: "Do you think you could be wrong?"

w

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
[b]Interesting question!

If I would answer "Yes, I could be wrong", then I expect anyone else to admit the same thing too. Because I don't know, I don't pretend I can know god. There is no way to learn about god, if you don't accept the bible as the prime info. And you cannot, because it is written by the hands of people who have an agenda by writing the bible.
So there is no way to know anything about God if he exists?

I would beg to differ. If I create something it is a reflection of who I am. It speaks volumes as to my intelligence, my wants, my needs, etc. In fact, the Bible says that man was created in the image of God.

F

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by whodey
Imagine you had all the power in the universe and knew everything there was about the universe. Would you get bored?

Now imagine you purposefully give up some of that power to human will. Would that not captivate your attention?

If I were God I would not seek worship, I would seek to be loved by my creation who had the freedom to love me back or rejec ...[text shortened]... never speaks? I thought people believe that he came down in the flesh to walk and talk with us?
As I am a human, I wouldn't seek love from ants. I wouldn't seek worshipping nor devotion. I wouldn't even care.

Why do you think a god of these powers has such a low self esteem so he wants the love from mere mortals? And punish those who don't give him this love?

Do you think god is a person who has desire for love, worshipping, and devotion? Why do you think he cares at all?