If I ask?

If I ask?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Oct 21

@kellyjay said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-FcnLsF1g
Where did the instructional information come from?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 21
1 edit

@BigDogg

I would not consider the mere change of belief to be coercion.

Coercion comes if God threatens punishment for doing, or not, certain things.

Coercion lessens freedom, but not free will.

You are free to jump out of a window on the 10th floor of a building.
But when you jump the law of gravity will pull you down.

On your way down you cannot say that the law gravity is unfairly coercing you.
In you are free to jump.
You are not free to escape the consequences of your choice to jump.

We've come into a universe where there is the law of God.
To transgress it has consequences.

Christ died for us becoming a curse on our behalf that we might be saved from the curse of the law upon the transgressors of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 21
2 edits

We can submit to Christ act to purchase us out from under the curse of the law of God - the absolutely perfect and just God. We have to agree by believing in the Son of God.

"Christ has redeemed us out of the curse of the law, having become a curse on our behalf . . . " (Gal. 3:13a)

We are free to accept all the consequences of being saved by Christ from the curse of the law. Or we are free to reject Christ in unbelief. Yet we are then not free from the effect of the curse of the law of God.

It is better to believe in Jesus the Son of God and receive Him and all His work for us to be redeemed, sanctified, transformed and saved from the impartial absolute justice of a perfect and holy eternal God.

He provided this salvation for us in His love for us.

"Indeed, He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things?" (Rom. 8:32)