I might be realizing I'm a deist

I might be realizing I'm a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 19

@secondson said
Having issues identifying yourself?

Take a picture of yourself and carry it with you at all times. 🤣
Everyday it becomes clearer to me as to why you are not permitted to teach in your church.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 19

@philokalia said
I do not think that would be the case because there is still the issue of the conscientious rejection of Christ.

But you would be in vastly superior positioning for the possibility of salvation.
How in your mind, within the scope of a fraction of a second, did these two statements meet and join up theologically coherently?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I don't think so.
Hot or cold is preferred to lukewarm which is what he is thinking about.
I have not even seen a good reason why outside it allows him to take a different stance on something, other than that nothing compelling.
Well said KellyJay.

I’m sure Philokalia will shortly copy/paste some traditional orthodoxical rhetoric from some website he frequents and attempt to bamboozle you with some unusual words and name drop a few “saints” from a bygone era of Christendom.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Mar 19

@fmf said
Am I "him" in this sentence?

If so, what is it you are trying to say?
Is this a search for truth, if so you why are you not looking into those things you asked for? Is the position you have different than the one you are claiming your leaning towards now, why? You have something compelling you, you asked for information yet, ignore some given. I don't think your serious in your pursuit of truth as much as you like to argue.

F

Moves
08 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I don't think your serious in your pursuit of truth as much as you like to argue.
Presumably, if I were a Christian you'd think something blah blah "absolute" blah blah "reality" blah blah "serious" blah blah "the truth". Thanks.

S. Korea

Moves
08 Mar 19

@divegeester said
How in your mind, within the scope of a fraction of a second, did these two statements meet and join up theologically coherently?
Someone who leaves atheism and moves towards deism is closer to Christianity than he was before.

That is my thought on it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Mar 19

@Philokalia
Why Christianity specifically? Why could not he be looking at Hinduism or Jainism or becoming a shaman?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Someone who leaves atheism and moves towards deism is closer to Christianity than he was before.

That is my thought on it.
This is one of the very few times I disagree with you. To be really close but not completely correct can make the truth harder to grasp. If two sets of instructions have nearly exactly the same set of directions the difference may be over looked, due to the familiarity with one not the other for example.

Believing in Thor is as wrong as being an Atheist since both miss Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
08 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
This is one of the very few times I disagree with you. To be really close but not completely correct can make the truth harder to grasp. If two sets of instructions have nearly exactly the same set of directions the difference may be over looked, due to the familiarity with one not the other for example.

Presumably, your personal opinion is that Thor is a no go, and the "Jesus" is for real, right?

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
08 Mar 19

@kellyjay said

I understand that you may not subscribe to religious pluralism whereas I do, but I don't see why the idea of God having a multi stranded approach to humanity through different cultures and religions is to be dismissed so readily.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Mar 19

@fmf said
Presumably, if I were a Christian you'd think something blah blah "absolute" blah blah "reality" blah blah "serious" blah blah "the truth". Thanks.
No

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Mar 19

@ragwort said
I understand that you may not subscribe to religious pluralism whereas I do, but I don't see why the idea of God having a multi stranded approach to humanity through different cultures and religions is to be dismissed so readily.
Truth is exclusive, opinions not so much. Jesus did not leave room for plurality when He said He was the way no one comes to the Father except through Him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Mar 19

@fmf said
Presumably, your personal opinion is that Thor is a no go, and the "Jesus" is for real, right?
Yes, but my opinion is not what matters or makes that true!

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
08 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Truth is exclusive, opinions not so much. Jesus did not leave room for plurality when He said He was the way no one comes to the Father except through Him.
Speaking to those people in that time and place fair enough. I can't help but feel that that exclusivity would have rung somewhat hollow "upstairs" when used to justify subsequent wars in his name.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
08 Mar 19

@kellyjay said

"If a wise God put truth on top of a mountain, He would ensure all paths led up to the summit."

Ghost. (AKA Thor).