1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:191 edit
    I get up in the morning 3 days ago, and hazily put on the media player, as I always do before I make coffee ,etc.
    You see just recently I had to wipe my whole hard drive. It was the only way to get it working again. So weeks of music and thousands of family pics, and the rest all gone!!

I was spewin' but at least I got my pc fixed for free. I goto the library and get a few cd's, put them straight on my hard drive, and then take them straight back.So I dont have the titles of the songs they are all just "track 1,track 2,etc." I had only about 7 albums there, but one in particular was an album by Regina Spektor.

I was put onto her by my daughter and a song called "blue lips" struck a chord with me straight away. So I put her album on my drive and take the cd back to the library the same day. The point is , I have no idea what the song titles are.

So after listening to these 7 or so albums on shuffle for a few days on this morning the song "blue lips" came on. Now I was almost positive that that track was NOT on that album. I listened to it over and over-about 6-7 times. I noted : "track 2", about 4 "track 2's" away from the up coming "track 3's".

I thought "great! , some how I had missed that this song was on there."
    You know what- It's gone!!! Like I said I've only got about 7 albums there and I even noted that it was "Track 2".
    So how did it get on there and then just as suddenly dissapear?
    Now skeptics will have all kinds of answers as to how this song mysteriously appeared and then dissappeared but I believe that this is one of those mysteries where "you stumble on (some sort of) truth, only to shake yourself off and pretend it didn't happen". Well it did happen, and I will be going into the library asap , while this subject is still fresh in my mind, to see if that song is indeed on that album.

(I had to post this because it was just recent and I was going to stop posting til early Jan, but since this came up, I wanted to share it with the forum and see if anyone has had similar experiences. also , all possible explanations as to what actually happened are welcome- but I am sure of what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:261 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I get up in the morning 3 days ago, and hazily put on the media player, as I always do before I make coffee ,etc.
    You see just recently I had to wipe my whole hard drive. It was the only way to get it working again. So weeks of music and thousands of family pics, and the rest all gone!!

I was spewin' but at least I got my pc fixed for free. I goto t ut I am sure of what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears)
    Check the indexing of the CD. The track might have been inadvertently indexed together with another track, coming after a different song - in the same way as 'hidden' CD tracks are, although deliberately so - in which case flipping through the 'Track 2s', listening to their intros, would not result in you finding the piece of music you're looking for.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:34
    I'm currently taking Rockschool guitar grade 6. On my CD, the track that is called 'PMA' in the book and every where else, showed itself as 'Jimmy guitar' on my PC (I am called Jimmy). My CD shows it as PMA on my guitar tutor's PC but yet 'Jimmy Guitar' on mine. A friend of mine who passed away seven years ago first approached me and his first words to me were 'PMA, Positive Mental Attitude'.

I like to think that it is something to do with him, but quite possibly, there is a scientific explanation to all of this. 🙂
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Check the indexing of the CD. The track might have been inadvertently indexed together with another track, coming after a different song - in the same way as 'hidden' CD tracks are, although deliberately so - in which case flipping through the 'Track 2s', listening to their intros, would not result in you finding the piece of music you're looking for.
    I'm going to keep playing all the tracks, if its on there, it's gotta come up.
    Also I'll be going to the library to check there too.

I'm pretty sure that this is one of those mysteries that never gets solved and gets easily explained away.

What makes it worse, (As I have had "encounters" like this before), is that there are never any damn witnesses.

I'll post here in 2 days to give an update on finding this missing song.

Thanks for the responses, guys.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 04:301 edit

I was spewin' but at least I got my pc fixed for free. I goto t t I am sure of what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears)
    It's a miracle! Please come to the tent revival and testify Brother. 🙂

Thread 143883
  6. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 05:50
    Hey, that sounds interesting. It may have been the faeries 🙂
    I had a similar experience with a shoe once. Me and my friend (tahlia) both were completely sure that our shoes were in this room, and then we were packing up and we couldn't find her shoe, we found it on the way out down the hallway.
    The thing is we hadnt left the room, we had just been in there talking and no-one had come in.....any way, we both agreed it was trixie faeries.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 08:22
    Originally posted by daisychainsaw
    I had a similar experience with a shoe once. Me and my friend (tahlia) both were completely sure that our shoes were in this room, and then we were packing up and we couldn't find her shoe, we found it on the way out down the hallway.
    The thing is we hadnt left the room, we had just been in there talking and no-one had come in.....any way, we both agreed it was trixie faeries.
    At least you had a witness.
    I tell you, daisy, it was there, (I listened to it like 6 times), and then it wasn't. i just keep listening to the same mix with the shuffle on whenever I get a chance to put the pc on.

Same with those orbs. If I hadn't taken those pics I'd go "bah", but because I was there I knew they weren't doctored with and closer examination shows them to be not consistent with "dust" or any other light anomolie.

Of course I had a point to starting this thread beyond Regina Spektor and that is, if you witness something, then you have seen it.
    If there is no rational explanation, as there wasn't for either of these phenomena, then you gotta start thinking outside the box. Like entities that live outside of time and hence can take an object and change it's position in space and time by means of which we know nothing about.

You represent the future, Daisy, I have carried this crazy world on my shoulders for 37 years, always been nice to people, only to have people ignore me, etc. which,as you know, I really hate.

I try to be as charitable as possible, but wisely. In the past I have been charitable unwisely only to leave myself short, but I feel I'm at a good place now.

I woke up the other day and though "Awesome!, I got this awesome place and a great kid (not you,the other one 🙂 ) ,I got a car now, and life is sweet. The ex (jo) doesn't ring anymore, and Kaleb is cool, I'm cool and you know, nan is always there if I need a hand. Really-I've got it real good. Could you imagine if jo tried to drag me into these custody battles,etc. screw that!!

Be good kiddo, be good at it. (and let me know when you are coming when you find out). Love you , darling 🙂
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 08:26
    `Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It's a miracle! Please come to the tent revival and testify Brother. 🙂

Thread 143883
    It's just one of those little things when you think "did that really happen? " Surely my senses are failing me and I have confused a dream for real life, but I cant say that this was the case here, although it is the best "logical" answer I've come up with so far,ie I was dreaming it
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 09:291 edit
    Ok. I finally found it, and now have marked it. Still I dont know why I couldn't find it before.
    I swear I've heard all these songs at least 10 times each and this one just kept eluding me-in fact I'm still convinced it was "missing" for awhile because I know I went through all the track 2's (several times!) when I was looking for it.
    But now I have it and it has BEEN MARKED. So any future dissapearing will be noticed immediately
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 19:39
    Ok. I finally found it, and now have marked it. Still I dont know why I couldn't find it before.
    I swear I've heard all these songs at least 10 times each and this one just kept eluding me-in fact I'm still convinced it was "missing" for awhile because I know I went through all the track 2's (several times!) when I was looking for it.
    But now I have it and it has BEEN MARKED. So any future dissapearing will be noticed immediately
    Do yourself a favor and use iTunes.

It will go out searching for your CD and put the track names on automatically.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 22:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne

This windows player did that last time. I dont know why it doesn't do it now.

Anyway, thanks for your offer, but I'm not getting itunes.
    Thats of course some computer literate person comes over again and decides to "upgrade".
    I'm flat out trying to work out how to create a new e-mail, and how to tell everyone I've got a new email address....😳
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 02:411 edit
    Originally posted by daisychainsaw
    When I was very young I noticed a few times, I would drop something, and not be able to see it. I would look around, only to find it later in the first area I searched. I thought it fell into a "magic pocket." I later wondered if there was a warp in the time/space/continuum, and it was simply masked as the atoms were temporarily disintigrated. Or perhaps it was just invisible due to a light spectrum anomaly. In my old age I think I just overlooked it the first time.
    Very charming post daisychainsaw. Stay young 🙂
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 02:45
    It's just one of those little things when you think "did that really happen? " Surely my senses are failing me and I have confused a dream for real life, but I cant say that this was the case here, although it is the best "logical" answer I've come up with so far,ie I was dreaming it
    Odd things can and do happen. Most of the time there is a simple explanation. There are some things that happen that make me wonder.
    "I just had the best luck."- non believer
    "God just blessed me." -believer

🙂
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 02:55
    yick. next time you set off to erase you're hard drive, invest in a thumb-drive or two.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 04:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I like
    http://www.pandora.com
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree