How Strong was Jesus?

How Strong was Jesus?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 Jul 08

How much weight do you think Jesus could have bench pressed? 600 pounds?

Moves
04 Jul 08

He lost the weigh-in vs Satan, so probably not 600 lbs.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
04 Jul 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Have you seen the Pieta? They must have given that scrawny Saviour like a balsa wood cross to carry.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 Jul 08

He was very strong.

http://tenpercent.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/badassjesus.jpg

s

England

Moves
05 Jul 08

did they have benchs??? , but he said faith could move mountains so weights would be easy. as for his weight well he carried the worlds sins for forgiveness pretty heavy burdon ide say.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 08

Mt 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Strength beyond your wildest dreams.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
He was very strong.

http://tenpercent.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/badassjesus.jpg
Strange depiction! Where do you come up with this stuff?

N

The sky

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by josephw
Mt 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Strength beyond your wildest dreams.
How does your quote show that he was strong? Having big armies behind you doesn't make you strong.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
How does your quote show that he was strong? Having big armies behind you doesn't make you strong.
Common'. Don't be shallow.(don't take that personally) Physical strength doesn't really mean that much.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Jul 08

Common'. Don't be shallow.(don't take that personally) Physical strength doesn't really mean that much.
I guess the thread is about physical strength not how powerful you are.

N

The sky

Moves
05 Jul 08

I never said it meant much. I couldn't care less whether someone can bench press 1 or 600 pounds. But the question was clearly about physical strength.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 08

So what's wrong with expanding the perimeters of this thread? I know it was originally about physical strength. But who could possibly know how much weight Jesus could lift? So I replied with something I thought might provoke a deeper discussion. What's wrong with that?

N

The sky

Moves
05 Jul 08

So what's wrong with expanding the perimeters of this thread? I know it was originally about physical strength. But who could possibly know how much weight Jesus could lift? So I replied with something I thought might provoke a deeper discussion. What's wrong with that?
Nothing. Your reply just didn't sound like that to me; it rather sounded as if you thought that having armies behind you was a sign of strength.

Anyway, I don't think there's much to discuss - if you believe in Jesus' divinity and in the omnipotence of God, obviously he would have been able to do anything he wanted. However, he only said he had those armies at his command, something anyone could claim, so there's little evidence for the truth of his claim.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by stoker
he said faith could move mountains so weights would be easy
So, do you think he could have actually bench pressed something like 1500 pounds?

Do you think that with faith, you could bench press 1500 pounds?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Jul 08

So, do you think he could have actually bench pressed something like 1500 pounds?

Do you think that with faith, you could bench press 1500 pounds?
Well, with hair and God you can do a lot, according to the Samson story.