How do you imiagine God?

How do you imiagine God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
13 Aug 09
1 edit

His personality, charistics etc.

Or do you think He dosen't have one?

J

Moves
13 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by yo its me
I wonder if God is even a He (or She for that matter). I mean, there's only one, so what good would
a sexual organ do if (S)He'll never be able to use it? It would be merely a source of frustration and
excessive masturbation.

I imagine God more along the lines of the Islamic view; as something we can't even begin to
visualise as God is quite different from creation itself. That is, if there is a God to begin with (which is
assumed considering the forum we're in).

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 09

His personality, charistics etc.

Great question.......

Ageless.....Job 36:26. Rev 10:6.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
I wonder if God is even a He (or She for that matter). I mean, there's only one, so what good would
a sexual organ do if (S)He'll never be able to use it? It would be merely a source of frustration and
excessive masturbation.

I imagine God more along the lines of the Islamic view; as something we can't even begin to
visualise as God is quite differen ...[text shortened]... hat is, if there is a God to begin with (which is
I agree, I imiagine God as both spititual mother and farther. There is no need to pick either except that I don't feel comfturble calling Him 'it'. 'It' to me is a non-entity, when I was pregnant I couldn't refer to the baby as 'it'. Jesus was male, so that's why I say 'He'.

I agree also that He is beyond our imiagination, but in the way that I beleive He is more compasionate, passionate, loving (and other things) then we can fatham becasue we are human. If you were to imiagine Him, would he be too distant to conect with?

F

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Great question.......

Ageless.....Job 36:26. Rev 10:6.
The question was: "How do you imiagine God?"
Not what others think. Your image is the important one here.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
excessive masturbation.

visualise as God is quite differen ...[text shortened]... hat is, if there is a God to begin with (which is
That is a really, really bad comment. You have a right to your own thoughts about anything but to write that out for others to see is extremely disrespectful to most on this forum.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
The question was: "How do you imiagine God?"
Not what others think. Your image is the important one here.
Well excuse me....

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
13 Aug 09

That is a really, really bad comment. You have a right to your own thoughts about anything but to write that out for others to see is extremely disrespectful to most on this forum.
? What do you mean?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
13 Aug 09

Well excuse me....
Relax. I looked up the references you gave. Ageless, as you said and creator of all. Anything else?- How to you connect with him, how are you like him? Or atempt to be.

F

Moves
13 Aug 09

Well excuse me....
No harm done.

We all know what the bible says. The interesting answers come from people's own views.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No harm done.

We all know what the bible says. The interesting answers come from people's own views.
Thanks...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 09

Relax. I looked up the references you gave. Ageless, as you said and creator of all. Anything else?- How to you connect with him, how are you like him? Or atempt to be.
We should all try to reflect his qualities like love and compassion.

J

Moves
13 Aug 09

Uh, I'm merely stating how I imagine God, and why I can't imagine God as a human male. What's so
disrespectful about that?

😕

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
13 Aug 09

We should all try to reflect his qualities like love and compassion.
Yes, love and compasion. But when you pray to Him or imiagine him aprovingly watching what you do......how do you imiagine him?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 09

? What do you mean?
To imply that God does or needs to do sexual acts. Sex within humans done in ways that God created us to do it is normal of course but in my view a really disrespectful comment.