How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?

How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to basics

About

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by josephw
I believe in and have a sure hope of the unimaginable. It's unimaginable because the idea of eternal life could not have been imagined by man if he were merely a product of evolution. Eternal life comes from the mind of God who is the author and creator of all things!
You should look at other religions that preach eternal life. Which God inspired that? I mean some of them were before Christianity. Indeed an afterlife is a fundamental tenet in most religions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by C Hess
It was too!
Really explain how that works, everything for everything was here so we
have everything here. Exactly what changed other than the conditions of
the everything that was already here? I can see that with God since God
created the universe, but if the universe was here in a different shape or
form than it changed into what we see now, the only thing that changed
was the form of the universe since it was already here.
Kelly

Moves
11 Oct 14

...the idea of eternal life could not have been imagined by man if he were merely a product of evolution.
Why?

Moves
11 Oct 14

So, do you think that man's imagination is limited?
Well, your imagination certainly appears to be (no offense).

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Really explain how that works, everything for everything was here so we
have everything here. Exactly what changed other than the conditions of
the everything that was already here? I can see that with God since God
created the universe, but if the universe was here in a different shape or
form than it changed into what we see now, the only thing that changed
was the form of the universe since it was already here.
Kelly
Bingo! And as you can see, if what was always there is simpler in structure than even the tiniest parts of an atom, I think we can all see that this notion of beginning is more plausible than the super intellect that you call god.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by Lundos
You should look at other religions that preach eternal life. Which God inspired that? I mean some of them were before Christianity. Indeed an afterlife is a fundamental tenet in most religions.
"You should look at other religions that preach eternal life."

You think I haven't?

"Which God inspired that?"

There is only one God. Try to imagine there being two identical Gods. What would be the purpose in that? Right?

"I mean some of them were before Christianity. Indeed an afterlife is a fundamental tenet in most religions."

If there is only one true God, then it follows logically that there be only one true faith. Why would God inspire different religions that have fundamentally contradictory systems of belief?

God is not a God of pantheism. The Bible teaches that God does not share His glory. God's glory is Who He is and what He is. There is no other.

One God. One faith.

And one extremely important thing. The most important thing. No other religion provides a saviour. Someone that is able to save.

Perhaps you don't think you need to be saved from your sin? If not then take your pick of any religion. But if you see a need to have your sins forgiven, then there's only one saviour who is able to save.

It's just that simple! I hope you gain from it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 14

Bingo! And as you can see, if what was always there is simpler in structure than even the tiniest parts of an atom, I think we can all see that this notion of beginning is more plausible than the super intellect that you call god.
If what was here was everything in a simpler structure you have not
answered the question, because the question was and is where did
everything come from? Unless you are saying there was never a time
where everything was not here.

If everything was in its simplest structure, why would it leaves its state
where it was broken down into tiny pieces and merge into something more
complex which would require work? You claiming that at one point for no
known reason instead of everything winding down, it winds up into
something more complex? You have a reason to think that is true, if you do
think that is true?

That type of process strikes me like that toy where you have several balls
that hung next to each other, one swings and they go back and forth till they
stop. I don't see such a swing with all the matter of the universe being
something that would go on forever which is what you are suggesting, I've
not seen anything act like that anywhere.
Kelly

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

Why?
What is evolution about? The material universe? Matter? Energy?

You're an atheist right? There is no spirit stuff to you. Just matter, right? So, if evolution is about the development of matter as it evolves from form to form, how did matter develop awareness of itself?

Seriously, what component of our being gives us God conscientiousness and self conscientiousness if all we are is made of matter?

Matter evolved a conscientiousness?

Got an answer? I'm very curious.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

Well, your imagination certainly appears to be (no offense).
Not offended. After all it is you that can't imagine God! πŸ˜‰

(No offence)

Back to basics

About

Moves
11 Oct 14
1 edit

[b]"You should look at other religions that preach eternal life."

You think I haven't?

There is only one God. Try to imagine there being two identical Gods. What would be the purpose in that? Right?

"I mean some of them were before Christianity. Indeed an afterlife is a fundamental tenet in most religions ...[text shortened]... there's only one saviour who is able to save.

Your original comment was: "It's unimaginable because the idea of eternal life could not have been imagined by man if he were merely a product of evolution [...]"
My point is this: The eternal life tenet is not a singular Christian dogma. It is indeed found in many religions all across the globe and in religions before Christianity. Therefore I find it very hard to believe only the Christian God is the author of it, and I consider human imagination to be fully able to conceive eternal life. Cyberspace on the other hand. Now that is far more imaginative than eternal life. And that is an all human 'product'.

Also, I'm not interested in a lecture. I know the First Commandment.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
11 Oct 14
2 edits

[b]"You should look at other religions that preach eternal life."

You think I haven't?

"I mean some of them were before Christianity. Indeed an afterlife is a fundamental tenet in most religions ...[text shortened]... there's only one saviour who is able to save.

You think I haven't?
You have perceived them, but you haven't given them any thought.

Perhaps one god is only capable of doing 50% of the work required to create and populate a universe (perhaps your bible is mistaken on the supposed all-powerfulness of the god it refers to), then another god would be very useful in this case since the two combined could potentially do all the work required to create and populate a universe.

If there is only one true God, then it follows logically that there be only one true faith. Why would God inspire different religions that have fundamentally contradictory systems of belief?
Because the notion of god you have is a dickhead of a god that is quite happy for people to kill each other over who's imaginary friend is the bestest evah imaginri fwend in d hole wyd yoonivess

Perhaps you don't think you need to be saved from your sin? If not then take your pick of any religion. But if you see a need to have your sins forgiven, then there's only one saviour who is able to save.
Do you need to be saved from hask?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by Lundos
Your original comment was: "It's unimaginable because the idea of eternal life could not have been imagined by man if he were merely a product of evolution [...]"
My point is this: The eternal life tenet is not a singular Christian dogma. It is indeed found in many religions all across the globe and in religions before Christianity. Therefore I find it very ...[text shortened]... an all human 'product'.

Also, I'm not interested in a lecture. I know the First Commandment.
So then lundos, take your pick of the religions that offers you eternal life. Your choice.

But realize this, only one God and one faith of all the choices gives eternal life as a free gift.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]You think I haven't?
You have perceived them, but you haven't given them any thought.

Perhaps one god is only capable of doing 50% of the work required to create and populate a universe (perhaps your bible is mistaken on the suppos ...[text shortened]... iven, then there's only one saviour who is able to save.[/b]
Do you need to be saved from hask?[/b]
That's gotta be the most immature post I've ever read.

So emotional! How old are you? 14 maybe? Certainly not emotionally mature enough to post a reasoned and objective reply.

I'm not wasting my time arguing with you if you're not going to behave as an adult.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
11 Oct 14
3 edits

That's gotta be the most immature post I've ever read.

So emotional! How old are you? 14 maybe? Certainly not emotionally mature enough to post a reasoned and objective reply.

I'm not wasting my time arguing with you if you're not going to behave as an adult.
Actually, the only part of what I said that could even be remotely construed as emotional is my charge that the notion of "God" you have built up in your little head is a dickhead - and the thing is ... if the Bible is to be believed then this entity that likes to grill people in hell, drown the (almost) entire human and non-human population of the world, stand by as the most depraved acts are committed in his name, and so on ..., really is* πŸ™‚

---------------------------------
* and to stop at "dickhead" isn't really doing justice to how much of an odious, obnoxious, cruel and thoroughly twisted thing this "God" character happens to be.

Über-Nerd

Moves
11 Oct 14

"How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?
Original post by sonhouse, 05 Oct '14 13:10"

Psychologically, I believe the mechanism is roughly this: those who believe themselves to be in possession of Absolute Truth often also believe that Absolute Truth trumps relative truth.