How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?

How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 14

Originally posted by C Hess
I don't know from where everything originally came, that's correct. It's also correct that I don't believe in invisible super wizards, so no, I don't think your god created everything. Now, if you can point her out, I promise to consider the possibility.
So you admit you don't know where everything came from, but you know
God didn't do it. You don't believe in super wizards, neither do I, and my
God isn't call a "her" thank you.

I could go into great detail about God, but why bother? You have nothing
to argue for, and right now God is the only possible explanation that I'm
aware of that answers it.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 14

Call it what you will. To me, when someone conjure things into existence, it falls under the general category of wizardry. It's awesome in games and fictional books and movies, but I really can't believe it's happening in the real world.
Actually you don't have anything to believe in on that topic, but maybe
someone will come up with a story you can buy into one of these days.
Kelly

Moves
09 Oct 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
So you admit you don't know where everything came from, but you know
God didn't do it.
So close, yet so far. I admit I don't know how everything started. But that in no way means I have to start taking seriously what your invisible wizard friend tells you.

Moves
09 Oct 14

...right now God is the only possible explanation that I'm
aware of that answers it.
It's not an explanation though. Saying John did it, supported only by John's own claim that he did it, shouldn't convince anyone that John actually did it. Examination of the evidence must match John's description of how he did it. In the case of your god and her explanation, it doesn't match the evidence. Thus, I believe it's safe to assume she in fact did not create anything.

Moves
09 Oct 14

Actually you don't have anything to believe in on that topic, but maybe
someone will come up with a story you can buy into one of these days.
Kelly
Plausability is really all I need.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 14

So close, yet so far. I admit I don't know how everything started. But that in no way means I have to start taking seriously what your invisible wizard friend tells you.
If you just want to insult me by going on about calling God my wizard
friend and 'her' we can end this.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 14

In the beginning God, seems plausible to me.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 14

It's not an explanation though. Saying John did it, supported only by John's own claim that he did it, shouldn't convince anyone that John actually did it. Examination of the evidence must match John's description of how he did it. In the case of your god and her explanation, it doesn't match the evidence. Thus, I believe it's safe to assume she in fact did not create anything.
The explanation if it were just "John did it..." I'd have to agree with you.
I personally think the years of recorded history of Israel lays quite a bit
of reality to it. If the Bible were a book like any other I'd have to agree
with you, but having the 66 books written over 1500 years with all of the
people having come into contact with one being, God...I'd say that leads
itself to truthfulness as well. There is plenty of evidence, it doesn't mean
you'll accept it, you'll more than likely reject it because it does not suit
your current world view.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Oct 14

You guys don't have a plausable idea of how life began on earth. You always want to skip that part and claim you know what happened after it began. But that is based on faith in a science fiction fairy tale that imagines one kind of animal changed into another kind over millions of years of imagined history.

Moves
09 Oct 14

If you just want to insult me by going on about calling God my wizard
friend and 'her' we can end this.
Kelly
Technically speaking god can't be a he nor she, so whichever one you use it's gonna be wrong, right? Which makes me wonder why christians and muslims are so bothered when you choose to refer to their god by the better sex, as if I've insulted their god or something - when it's obviously quite the opposite.

I'll call it... it then. It who does magic that is not magic, using words, but who is not a wizard. You sure know how to complicate things. 😛

Moves
09 Oct 14

In the beginning God, seems plausible to me.
Kelly
In the beginning something as of yet unknown, seems more plausible to me.

Moves
09 Oct 14

If the Bible were a book like any other I'd have to agree
with you, but having the 66 books written over 1500 years with all of the
people having come into contact with one being, God...I'd say that leads
itself to truthfulness as well.
Interesting way to look at it. I have only one problem with it. If none of the authors had any knowledge of previous authors, and if the stories told were consistent with physical reality, I'd be a believer now. But we know that every author existed in a cultural context that was partly shaped by what earlier authors had said, so I don't find it particularly spectacular that over time a lot of texts could be assembled to form a larger book that is somewhat coherent. According to that book god said it created the world and everything in it in six days, and therefore we should all believe that god created the world and everything in it in six days. I'm sorry, but that doesn't quite convince me.

Moves
09 Oct 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You guys don't have a plausable idea of how life began on earth. You always want to skip that part and claim you know what happened after it began. But that is based on faith in a science fiction fairy tale that imagines one kind of animal changed into another kind over millions of years of imagined history.
Plausibility is really all I need. Evolution therefore, I accept as true.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Oct 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, well that works for me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 14

Technically speaking god can't be a he nor she, so whichever one you use it's gonna be wrong, right? Which makes me wonder why christians and muslims are so bothered when you choose to refer to their god by the better sex, as if I've insulted their god or something - when it's obviously quite the opposite.

I'll call it... it then. It who does magic that is not magic, using words, but who is not a wizard. You sure know how to complicate things. 😛
Technically speaking I go by the gender most used in scripture I believe in
that refers to God which is male. Since we are talking about my God not
yours, mine goes by the male gender when referenced I use the male
gender. To refer to the God I worship as a she would than be insulting.
Kelly