"How Atheists Think"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357
My thoughts exactly.
Peace at last.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by moonbus
Dodgy, but interesting.
Wonder if he, too, was "an agnostic dyslexic insomniac" preoccupied with a concern that mistakes were waiting to be made.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Peace at last.
Peace of mind is the result of correct decisions from a position of strength, not external circumstances.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Wonder if he, too, was "an agnostic dyslexic insomniac" preoccupied with a concern that mistakes were waiting to be made.
A world without mistakes would be dead boring to live in. Just imagine how dreary this forum would be if everyone here were right all the time!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Feb 14

A world without mistakes would be dead boring to live in. Just imagine how dreary this forum would be if everyone here were right all the time!
Would you estimate that theists and atheists active on this forum are each right and wrong roughly 50% of the time each?

Read a book!

Moves
07 Feb 14

Peace of mind is the result of correct decisions from a position of strength, not external circumstances.
Which decisions are the correct ones?

Moves
07 Feb 14

One time I got that on a fortune cookie.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Feb 14

Objectively focused and unemotional.... with the realization that some decisions have irreversible consequences.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357
One time I got that on a fortune cookie.
Apparently it stuck within your frontal lobes and has, hopefully, continued to inform your viewpoints and decisions.

Read a book!

Moves
08 Feb 14

Objectively focused and unemotional.... with the realization that some decisions have irreversible consequences.
No, Bobby. What makes them "correct"? Your definition could apply to a hired killer.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Feb 14

No, Bobby. What makes them "correct"? Your definition could apply to a hired killer.

i]Originally posted by Grampy Bobby[/i]

... "which" or "what"?

Unless you're one of a group of "hired killers" the example is meaningless with respect to your personalized question.

Read a book!

Moves
08 Feb 14

Unless you're one of a group of "hired killers" the example is meaningless with respect to your personalized question.
Let it go, Bobby. It isn't worth the effort. Go back to your platitudes.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Feb 14

Let it go, Bobby. It isn't worth the effort. Go back to your platitudes.
No need to let go of your question; you wouldn't have asked it in the first place if it wasn't important. Please restate it.

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 Feb 14

Would you estimate that theists and atheists active on this forum are each right and wrong roughly 50% of the time each?
Rather than try to estimate who is right or wrong (which, if I am not mistaken, would come perilously close to the sin of presumption), I should like to shift the ground of the discussion by asking you a question. It is honestly meant--not a trick to lure you into possibly contradicting yourself.

Do you believe that it will be your beliefs which will be tested on judgment day (I assume that that is a given for you)? Specifically, the truth or falsity, rightness or wrongness, of your beliefs?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Feb 14
2 edits

Rather than try to estimate who is right or wrong (which, if I am not mistaken, would come perilously close to the sin of presumption), I should like to shift the ground of the discussion by asking you a question. It is honestly meant--not a trick to lure you into possibly contradicting yourself.

Do you believe that it will be your [b]beliefs
which wi ...[text shortened]... s a given for you)? Specifically, the truth or falsity, rightness or wrongness, of your beliefs?[/b]
If by "judgment day" you refer to the Great White Throne Judgment of those who have declined/rejected God's Grace Gift of Eternal Life by faith alone in Christ alone and a personal relationship in time and eternity, yours truly won't be there.

Thread 157295