1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 17:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You got amnesia again. That was what I have been commenting on by using other scripture verses to support my comments. WAKE UP!

The Instructor
    Lol. Nothing you say or scriptures you quote have never once proved the trinity. So you might as well give up as your proving nothing.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 20:524 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. Nothing you say or scriptures you quote have never once proved the trinity. So you might as well give up as your proving nothing.
    I am sorry if I seem abrupt and harsh, but your constant bouts with amnesia and ignoring what others have to say is getting old, when we are only trying to help you see what the scripture is saying and teaching through the Holy Spirit of God.

Please pay close attention and try to keep an open mind.

Matthew 1:18, which is about the birth of Christ is or was one of the scriptures you wanted us to comment on.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.

(Matthew 1:18 NASB)

To better understand this I quoted the following verse in a previous post, which you apparently gave no attenton.

The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 1:35 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

I know why you quoted the translation you did, however, it is mistranslated as your own New World Translation will affirm as follows:

In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son.

(Luke 1:35 NWT)

Here we see that the Holy Spirit comes upon Mary in a similar way that the Holy Spirit descended from heaven like a dove and came upon Jesus at His baptism.

After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”

(Matthew 3:16-17 NASB)

At the time of the baptism, God the Father also spoke from heaven. Notice that God the Holy Spirit descended from heaven while God the Father just spoke from heaven and did not descend.

So in a similar way, God the Holy Spirit actually came upon Mary. At the same time the power of the Most High God overshadowed her from above while remaining in heaven. As Luke says, "for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God."

The phrase "the power of the Most High" refers to God in the sense of His majesty as the supreme ruler, as Jesus alluds to in the following verse:

Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

(Matthew 26:64 NASB)

In Hebrews we see the same idea of "THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER" stated as the right hand of the Majesty on high.

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high...

(Hebrews 1:1-3 NASB)

Now referring back to the baptism of Jesus again we have this statement:

...God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power...

Acts 10:38 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The annointing with power actually refers to Jesus being given the majesty of God, so that the son of God should be honored the same as the Father.

I hope you now recognize that the Holy Spirit is God, just as the Father is God. Also remember that Jesus made a distinction between the persons in the Godhead when He said the following:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit...

(Matthew 28:19 NASB)

This means that they were to baptize in the name of God, which Jesus represents here as the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. And I have previously pointed out to you that Jesus considered the Holy Spirit as another Helper, like Himself, that would be sent from the Father to replace Himself after He had to return to the Father in heaven. It should be perfectly clear that the Holy Spirit is a different person from the Father, who sends Him, yet they are both God.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. For your sake, I hope you are thirsty enough for the truth now that you will be willing to drink.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 22:092 edits
    I am sorry if I seem abrupt and harsh, but your constant bouts with amnesia and ignoring what others have to say is getting old, when we are only trying to help you see what the scripture is saying and teaching through the Holy Spirit of God.

Matthew 1:18, which is about the birth of Christ is or

The Instructor
    Good explanation RJ! interesting
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 22:37
    I don't think I said that anywhere in that post.
    Just as the scriptures you quoted do not say what you said they said.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 22:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Job 33:4
    4 “The Spirit of God has made me,
    And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

[b]"We all know that God created humans. Here it states that God used his "spirit" or holy spirit to create man just as a human would use his hands to mold a clay pot."

Can't you see your blundering error galveston? That verse DOES NOT say that "God used" H ...[text shortened]... early says that the Spirit CREATE the man.

Learn to read old man! The rest of you too.[/b]
    QFT.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 23:25
    The Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit is given personification from Genesis 1 and then all throughout scripture and while we see action or force when the Spirit of God is involved this does not negate the person hood of the Spirit

Manny
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 01:51
    Originally posted by menace71
    The Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit is given personification from Genesis 1 and then all throughout scripture and while we see action or force when the Spirit of God is involved this does not negate the person hood of the Spirit

Manny
    And why is "the Holy Spirit is given personification"? If it had it's own personification, why would it have to be given it?
    I wish you guys would really read the scriptures word for word and try to see why "certian words" are used. God had exactly the words with specific meanings to then when written down.
    If Jehovahs part of this godhead has emotions and Jesus has emotions, which the bible clearly says they do, why wouldn't the holy spirit part have emotions already there as the other two do? But it doesn't and that's why these scriptures are worded this way and that is to make the force God uses to seem more relatable to us. If he did not have these terms written down to explain this force of God, then we would never have anything to relate to to help us understand anything about it.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 01:56

Matthew 1:18, which is about the birth of Christ is or ...[text shortened]...

The Instructor
    Simple question. This is God's son we are speaking of here, Right? Why was the holy spirit there at all? The Bible says cleary Jesus is God's son, not the holy spirits. What did this third part of this Godhead have to do with getting Mary pregnant?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 01:58

Matthew 1:18, which is about the birth of Christ is or ...[text shortened]...

The Instructor
    PS.. My memory is fine so stop with this amnesia insults. It's getting old.....
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 03:26
    And why is "the Holy Spirit is given personification"? If it had it's own personification, why would it have to be given it?
    I wish you guys would really read the scriptures word for word and try to see why "certian words" are used. God had exactly the words with specific meanings to then when written down.
    If Jehovahs part of this godhead has emoti ...[text shortened]... then we would never have anything to relate to to help us understand anything about it.
    The Holy Spirit does have emotions.....I'll find the scripture for you

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 03:301 edit
    Ephesians 4:30

30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

And how can a force be grieved ? Can the flow of electrons be grieved? NO but a person or being can be grieved

Manny
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 03:31
    Your argument is no longer with men G-Man but with God.......

Manny
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 03:54
    Originally posted by menace71
    Your argument is no longer with men G-Man but with God.......

Manny
    Fine. Good night.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 04:151 edit

Some of us feel insulted when you bring up repeated issues which have been answered in the past, as if nothing was said. This insults our good will, intelligence and patience.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 05:18
    If Jehovahs part of this godhead has emoti ...[text shortened]... then we would never have anything to relate to to help us understand anything about it.
    HERE ARE EXAMPLES OF EMOTIONS FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT:

How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

(Hebrews 10:29 NASB)

When a person is insulted, doesn't that mean there is feeling involved? In the above verse it is revealed that the Holy Spirit can be insulted.

Jesus said, “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

(Matthew 12:31 NASB)

Perhaps the Holy Spirit is not so forgiving when His feeling are hurt. Remember that Ananias and his wife Sapphira dropped dead on the spot when they grieved the Holy spirit by lying to Him (Acts 5). I think the Holy Spirit has some serious emotions, if he can get that angry.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree