Hiding from God

Hiding from God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]"My view is that my heart IS right (otherwise I would not be confessing) but that my flesh is letting me down."

What a rationalization. Hey, it isn't me. My heart is right. It's just that my flesh is letting me down. What a pathetic attempt at absolving yourself from responsibility for your actions.

Dennis Rader told the police, "I'm a good rt in a place where righteousness is the only option when faced with a choice.[/b]
You only have to get your heart in a place where righteousness is the only option when faced with a choice.----------ToO--------------------

But when I am faced with a choice to not be adulterous I am faithful but I find it very hard to rid myself completely of any stray thoughts towards other women. I also find that I choose not to gossip or say bad things about people but I still find the occasional bad thought crosses my mind towards my "brother".

I choose not to insult my wife or smack my kids but over a period of years I can't say that I have never felt angry towards my family. I live a humble existence financially and do not chase after material goods but I do have odd occasions when I feel envious of the neighbours new car.

Am I lost or damned? How is it for you? Have you been able to eliminate all sinful thoughts or feelings from you mind? ALL of them?

T

Moves
03 Sep 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
You only have to get your heart in a place where righteousness is the only option when faced with a choice.----------ToO--------------------

But when I am faced with a choice to not be adulterous I am faithful but I find it very hard to rid myself completely of any stray thoughts towards other women. I also find that I choose not to gossip or say ba ...[text shortened]... ? Have you been able to eliminate all sinful thoughts or feelings from you mind? ALL of them?
Seriously, stop kidding yourself.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Sep 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Seriously, stop kidding yourself.
You have eliminated ALL impure and unrighteous thoughts from every aspect of your mind? How did you do it? Are saying that you have never had a bad thought towards me that was less than compassionate?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Sep 08

You can't read. Re-read my post and your mistake will be obvious.

( a little clue would be the words call and say)
I see.
So you are like Pritybetta. There are 'truly born again' and 'not-so-truly born again'.

So how can a pastor preach to his congregation that born again Christians are saved and cannot lose their salvation, when the truth of the matter is that HE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE WHO BORN AGAIN AND WHO JUST CALL THEMSELVES BORN AGAIN.

In any case can you see the point I am making?
Let me say it as simply as possible.

A born again Christian that does good works will get salvation. No doubt about that.

A born again Christian that just calls himself born again, and does no good works gets no salvation.

Am I now correct? Have I read you right?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Sep 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
I see.
So you are like Pritybetta. There are 'truly born again' and 'not-so-truly born again'.

So how can a pastor preach to his congregation that born again Christians are saved and cannot lose their salvation, when the truth of the matter is that HE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE WHO BORN AGAIN AND WHO JUST [b]CALL
THEMSELVES BORN AGAIN.

In any case can y ...[text shortened]... again, and does no good works gets no salvation.

Am I now correct? Have I read you right?[/b]
A born again Christian that has salvation will do good works

A born again Christian that just calls himself born again, and is not saved will do no good works.

That also by the way is how the pastor would know the difference.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Sep 08
1 edit

A born again Christian that has salvation will do good works

A born again Christian that just calls himself born again, and is not saved will do no good works.

That also by the way is how the pastor would know the difference.
And the pastor will know this how?
He has a 7th Sense?
Christ tells him?
He looks as the persons works?

Either way a pastor is also the judge and is able to determine who is born again (therefore saved) and who is not ??

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Sep 08
1 edit

And the pastor will know this how?
He has a 7th Sense?
Christ tells him?
He looks as the persons works?

Either way a pastor is also the judge and is able to determine who is born again (therefore saved) and who is not ??
Does it matter? Where are you going with this? The fact that someone might be able to act as an imposter says nothing. I could pretend I was a communist but secretly be a billionaire and maybe pull it off. What does that say about communism? Nothing. It only says a lot about me.

Mind you someone might spot a few things about me that might give me away. Who knows? Even Jesus said there would be some goats amongst his sheep. What are you proving by all this?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Sep 08

Does it matter? Where are you going with this? The fact that someone might be able to act as an imposter says nothing. I could pretend I was a communist but secretly be a billionaire and maybe pull it off. What does that say about communism? Nothing. It only says a lot about me.

Mind you someone might spot a few things about me that might give me ...[text shortened]... ? Even Jesus said there would be some goats amongst his sheep. What are you proving by all this?
You cant see what I am driving at?

I am not concerned about the 'imposter', but the pastors and preachers and church leaders that LIE to people and tell them that they are saved and their salvation is guaranteed when the truth is that THEY DO NOT KNOW.

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Sep 08

An absolute truth: A Southern Baptist and a Pentecostal Evangelical will never agree on salvation.

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Sep 08

Come on Pinky .. you should know better than to try that. There are exceptions to every rule, and exception cannot void the rule. Was the thief on the cross baptised? Probably not. Does that mean baptism is not important ? Remember Christ can make any exception to His rule. you and I cant.
Are you saying one must be baptised to get to heaven?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Are you saying one must be baptised to get to heaven?
The road to salvation is very clearly laid out by Christ. Its faith and belief, baptism and good works. Christ will make exceptions as He sees fit (I hope that will answer you next question).

Illinois

Moves
04 Sep 08
3 edits

I do.
No, you don't trust in God.

Your trust rests in yourself to perform the required works.

s

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
An absolute truth: A Southern Baptist and a Pentecostal Evangelical will never agree on salvation.
Does that mean that one of them is not saved?

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Sep 08

The road to salvation is very clearly laid out by Christ. Its faith and belief, baptism and good works. Christ will make exceptions as He sees fit (I hope that will answer you next question).
My Bible says He says we are saved by grace through faith alone. There is a verse that says "baptism now saves you", which of course is the cause of all the ruckus. Some see this as an addition to the requirements of salvation; some of us do not. But it's not something that need cause a schism in Christendom. I agree Christ makes any exceptions He wants--I don't see why one can't assume He will make an exception of one's self. In short, if the thief didn't have to be baptised, that just as well could apply to me, you, or any other Christian.

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by snowinscotland
Does that mean that one of them is not saved?
Nope---just means one of them is wrong.