1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:01
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    haha compare some chess games as white. I played the same opening in almost all games (a system of my own design) that I still play in most games today.
    sumydid was one of the most fervent proponents of eternal torture doctrine I have ever come across in this community, exhibiting none of sonship's moral discomfort, and way more strident then Eladar and RJHinds used to be.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:03
    I was sumydid before.
    Do you still believe, then, that a baby crying for its mother's milk is an example of "evil"?
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:14
    Originally posted by @fmf
    sumydid was one of the most fervent proponents of eternal torture doctrine I have ever come across in this community, exhibiting none of sonship's moral discomfort, and way more strident then Eladar and RJHinds used to be.
    That's a little odd, since I've always slanted toward annihilation. For some reason I associate FMF with the flying spaghetti monster. It could be the acronym itself, or, did you used to have a pic of the FSM as your avatar? Seriously man. It's me. And I'm not trying to draw a bunch of attention to myself. Upon my return as Tom Wolsey (which is my FB name) I was scrutinized heavily and some thought I was someone else returning. I thought I would just post who I am and say hello, to get all that out of the way. By the way, "sumydid" is the backward spelling of didymus which is the greek for Thomas, which is my name. I'm the same guy.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:15
    Do you still believe, then, that a baby crying for its mother's milk is an example of "evil"?
    I believe we are born evil and as children we display it by naturally, and not having to be taught, to steal, or to whine and cry to get our way. I don't remember ever saying that a baby crying for milk is an example of evil. I'd have to see the conversation and the context.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:29
    I believe we are born evil and as children we display it by naturally, and not having to be taught, to steal, or to whine and cry to get our way. I don't remember ever saying that a baby crying for milk is an example of evil. I'd have to see the conversation and the context.
    Do you believe a baby crying for its mother's milk is an example of "evil"?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:30
    For some reason I associate FMF with the flying spaghetti monster. It could be the acronym itself, or, did you used to have a pic of the FSM as your avatar?
    No. You're wrong on all counts.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:31
    Do you believe a baby crying for its mother's milk is an example of "evil"?
    My answer is no. But since this an obvious "gotcha" question, I'm sure you have a conversation cued up to prove I said otherwise. Make sure the full context is included. You are behaving very stubbornly. As I said, compare some chess games. No one uses the opening system I use. I used it then and I use it now.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:32
    FMF: sumydid was one of the most fervent proponents of eternal torture doctrine I have ever come across in this community, exhibiting none of sonship's moral discomfort, and way more strident then Eladar and RJHinds used to be.

That's a little odd, since I've always slanted toward annihilation.
    That's a little odd...

It is, isn't it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:33
    FMF: Do you believe a baby crying for its mother's milk is an example of "evil"?

My answer is no.
    Good to know. Thanks.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:36
    Sure. I stand by it.
    That's unfortunate.

One would hope that you had gained some wisdom, become less self-centered and developed critical thinking skills over the years.
  11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:43
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    That's unfortunate.

One would hope that you had gained some wisdom, become less self-centered and developed critical thinking skills over the years.
    Nope. I think of liberal progressives™ now, exactly as I did then and have come across zero evidence to think otherwise. There are exceptions of course. But not many.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:46
    No offense to anyone, but I will cease trying to defend who I was or who I am. It's getting us nowhere and it really doesn't matter either way. I only posted this to clear the air and get it out of the way. I'm ready to talk about spirituality. Genuinely sorry for all the hoopla, it wasn't intended.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:47
    All humans are born without a moral compass. (That hopefully develops later). That doesn't make children evil, merely undeveloped.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:57
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    All humans are born without a moral compass. (That hopefully develops later). That doesn't make children evil, merely undeveloped.
    Of course this “moral compass,” absent absolute morality, can be anything and, consequently, nothing.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 15:59
    No offense to anyone, but I will cease trying to defend who I was or who I am. It's getting us nowhere and it really doesn't matter either way. I only posted this to clear the air and get it out of the way.
    You should have probably picked a different screen name than one that was so familiar to several of us who can remember "sumydid".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree