1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 11:05
    @divegeester said
    I don’t know what heaven is; I only know what hell isn’t, and for the summary reason I gave above.

I’ll try to explain.

I have a personal acceptance of an idea about the atonement which has been in my mind for many years. I’ve explained it in here before but it is not well accepted, especially by the adherents to the torturing god in hell ideology...

There is a ...[text shortened]... ed now, in this life on earth.

There you go, that’s what I currently believe about Christianity.
    The idea that all souls (because of divine love and mercy) will ultimately be reconciled to God; is very appealing.
    It's far from the clean cut destroying of nations and casting away of people.

I guess, from your options number 2 is the one most like what I imagine:

To be raised up from the grace to bow the knee to and acknowledge Jesus as Lord (“every knee shall bow and every tongue confess” etc) and then for Jesus to say: told you I was real, luv’d ya, died for ya, don’t wanna be with ya, and then kills them all.

A sorting of souls from those in the community God has selected/ we selected (who knows) and those unselected depart from Him to be in nothing (spiritual death) and those who are in His community are allowed to stay.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 11:06
    @rajk999 said
    I dont accept fake apologies. If and when you do change your ways I will know and I will see it. If that happens then apology accepted, otherwise right now your apology stinks.
    *shakes hands*
    Parts ways....
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 11:241 edit
    @divegeester said

There are only three options for life after death:
    1) Everyone goes to hell to be tortured in fire for eternity, except certain Christians, or those Christians who believe X Y and Z etc
    2) As number 1 except that instead of hell there is the resurrection followed by annihilation, the second death
    3) Everyone lives, is saved.
    [And of course a 4th, everyone just dies and that’s the end of it.]
    You are the definition of blowhard. A man who professes to be a Christian [follower of Christ] and yet nothing that proceeds from his mouth is supported by Christ. Your 4 options are all nonsense. You are a complete waste and abject failure when it comes to accepting the bible and its teachings. Why not just be an atheist, because you follow and believe nothing in the bible.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 11:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:04
    @rajk999 said
    You are the definition of blowhard. A man who professes to be a Christian [follower of Christ] and yet nothing that proceeds from his mouth is supported by Christ. Your 4 options are all nonsense. You are a complete waste and abject failure when it comes to accepting the bible and its teachings. Why not just be an atheist, because you follow and believe nothing in the bible.
    Your lack of understanding has no barriers, congratulations.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:14
    @yo-its-me said
    I guess, from your options number 2 is the one most like what I imagine:

To be raised up from the grace to bow the knee to and acknowledge Jesus as Lord (“every knee shall bow and every tongue confess” etc) and then for Jesus to say: told you I was real, luv’d ya, died for ya, don’t wanna be with ya, and then kills them all.

A sorting of souls from tho ...[text shortened]... from Him to be in nothing (spiritual death) and those who are in His community are allowed to stay.
    Yes I think this is a common acceptance of the available options.

I’m very happy with what I have chosen to accept, which is number 3. If God will cast me into nothingness for believing that, then so be it. I suppose that would say more about him than it would about me.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:22
    @yo-its-me said
    Your lack of understanding has no barriers, congratulations.
    So far all you have posted is nonsensical personal opinions, which contradict the bible teaching. I have posted what Jesus said about heaven and hell. You are not an authority on heaven and hell. The authority is God and Jesus Christ, which you contradict, hence my conclusion that you must be one of Satans angels.
  8. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:27
    @yo-its-me said
    😍 lovely idea.
    Would you want to be in Heaven- what do you imagine it is?
    The end of the artificial duality and separation our species has developed (probably as a survival mechanism) . No more us and them. No more us and Him. Just us. Just One.

Also a lot of Todd Rundgren YouTube

A
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:30
    @rajk999 said
    So far all you have posted is nonsensical personal opinions, which contradict the bible teaching. I have posted what Jesus said about heaven and hell. You are not an authority on heaven and hell. The authority is God and Jesus Christ, which you contradict, hence my conclusion that you must be one of Satans angels.
    It's black and white isn't it for you. I can empathise with that, I have been there.
    Do your good works get you into a nicer Heaven than other Christians?
  10. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:39
    @they said
    The end of the artificial duality and separation our species has developed (probably as a survival mechanism) . No more us and them. No more us and Him. Just us. Just One.

Also a lot of Todd Rundgren https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDpZpj2A3F4

A
    I really like this image, no boarders no need for conflict. And great song. Thank you for introducing me to Todd Rundgren.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:45
    @rajk999 said
    I don’t profess to be a follower of Christ, I do say that I’m am (a) Christian which denotes my choice of faith through which I express my theistic beliefs. I have never, ever, not once professed that I “follow the teachings of Christ”.

I challenge, debate, argue, fight even, with other posters over matters of spiritual exclusivity, religious morality and corporate religious manipulation. What I don’t do is constantly ram my doctrinal beliefs down people’s throats and certainly not while maintaining that the only way to ensure an afterlife is to ardently follow the teachings of Jesus.

I don’t “care” what you personally believe, although I’ll debate it with you seeing as how you preach it here... I.e. “the teachings of Jesus Christ”. But you don’t yourself display the “teachings of Christ” in your posting, so unless you are being another @thinkofone and merely arguing from a narrow textual pov, grinding your axe, then I just see your lack of adherence to your own preaching as undermining their efficacy and your position.

In short, don’t tell me to live according to the teachings of Jesus Christ when you blatantly obviously don’t yourself.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oh dear.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 12:471 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Why not just be an atheist, because you follow and believe nothing in the bible.
    Like you, I have my preferred sections.

We are the same.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 13:021 edit
    @Rajk999

On the other hand, I quite like you.

I enjoy your personal robustness and lack of the brittle-jawed pretentious pseudo righteousness we often see posted in here.

I’m sure we would get on fine in real life.

Meanwhile let’s argue 😁
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 13:07
    @yo-its-me said
    It's black and white isn't it for you. I can empathise with that, I have been there.
    Do your good works get you into a nicer Heaven than other Christians?
    You cannot read. Jesus never said anyone goes to heaven, as I pointed out my first post, in fact he stated categorically that no man has ascended to heaven. You are foolishly contradicting Christ and in so doing aligning yourself with a doctrine which is Satanic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree