1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 15:26
    What is your concept of Heaven and Hell.
    Dive has previously said they don't believe there is a fiery Hell.
    What do other people hold to be true?
    Is there one Heaven for you or seven?

My understanding, the concept I hold is that Heaven is in God's company and Hell is without His company. Perhaps I like this because it's simplistic.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 18:57
    @yo-its-me said

My understanding, the concept I hold is that Heaven is in God's company and Hell is without His company. Perhaps I like this because it's simplistic.
    Jesus referred to hell several times where evil people are tormented. However there is no indication that this torment is forever and ever. Jesus never spoke of a place called heaven where people go to. Quite the opposite, Jesus said that no man has ascended to heaven. I personally will stay with what Jesus said, without adding or embellishing it.

I cannot remember seeing anything about seven heavens in the bible. If there is please provide a reference. Paul said he was taken to the 3rd heaven. That is not necessarily the abode of God. Enoch was also taken on a tour apparently somewhere in the heavens and he wrote a lot about that experience.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 19:04
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus referred to hell several times where evil people are tormented. However there is no indication that this torment is forever and ever. Jesus never spoke of a place called heaven where people go to. Quite the opposite, Jesus said that no man has ascended to heaven. I personally will stay with what Jesus said, without adding or embellishing it.

I cannot remember se ...[text shortened]... s also taken on a tour apparently somewhere in the heavens and he wrote a lot about that experience.
    I think the seven heavens is from Islam.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 19:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think the seven heavens is from Islam.
    Thanks. I know it is also in the pseudo graphical writings of the Jews. Almost certain its not in the books of the bible now, maybe its in one of the books removed from the KJV of 1611.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 20:071 edit
    @yo-its-me said

The concept of an all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful creator, who predestines and then permits his creation to be infiltrated and fall into sinfulness and death, and then demands that his creation repents and worship him because his loves them or he will torture them in eternal fire....

Is utterly preposterous, logically flawed and morally reprehensible.

The is no “hell”.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 20:191 edit
    @divegeester said
    The concept of an all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful creator, who predestines and then permits his creation to be infiltrated and fall into sinfulness and death, and then demands that his creation repents and worship him because his loves them or he will torture them in eternal fire....

Is utterly preposterous, logically flawed and morally reprehensible.

The is no “hell”.
    The bible says nothing of an all loving God. That is the figment of the imagination of the church whose aim is to lie to the masses, have them pay money for forgiveness ie buy their way into eternal life or pay for indulgences and other such nonsense.

To the contrary the bible is full of illustrations of a God that hates the children of the devil and there are many, hates those who live a life of sin and evil, loved Jacob [the father of Israel], and hated Easu, removed Sodom and Gomorrah from the earth, killed many untold millions in the flood and many more in the end when Jesus returns.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19 KJV)

Dont delude yourself. Ever heard of the Amalekites? No? Thats because God told Saul to wipe them off the earth.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 20:57
    Pretty soon yo its me will come whining with some nonsense like ..

??? You're very hard to understand Rajk. Are you young? I don't mean this as an insult. I think we assume you're our age but I think you're much younger and we should make allowances perhaps.
  8. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 20:58
    Hoping that if there is a heaven some of us will be able slide in from some technicality that was not translated correctly from the Hebrew, Greek etc. Maybe there are some sweet not-so-strict entry rules we don't know about yet or someone forgot to write down.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 21:31
    @they said
    Hoping that if there is a heaven some of us will be able slide in from some technicality that was not translated correctly from the Hebrew, Greek etc. Maybe there are some sweet not-so-strict entry rules we don't know about yet or someone forgot to write down.
    I think there is such a thing which many Christians refuse to accept. Here it is:

The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences also show that this is true, since their thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them. And so, according to the Good News I preach, this is how it will be on that Day when God through Jesus Christ will judge the secret thoughts of all. (Romans 2:14-16 GNB)

A righteous atheist will enter the Kingdom of God.
  10. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 21:43
    @rajk999 said
    I think there is such a thing which many Christians refuse to accept. Here it is:

The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences also show that this is true, since their thou ...[text shortened]... cret thoughts of all. (Romans 2:14-16 GNB)

A righteous atheist will enter the Kingdom of God.
    Be resolutely and faithfully what you are; be humbly what you aspire to be.
    — Henry David Thoreau

A lot of food for thought here - thank you @rajk999
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 22:05
    @they said
    Be resolutely and faithfully what you are; be humbly what you aspire to be.
    — Henry David Thoreau

A lot of food for thought here - thank you @rajk999
    Nice quote. God loves generous people like the Good Samaritan types [.. for God loveth a cheerful giver. (2 Cor 9:7 KJV) ]. Those who share with the poor are going to be in good shape in the end.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 22:381 edit
    @rajk999 said
    The bible says nothing of an all loving God.
    “Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
    1 John 4:9

Let me know if you’re interested in acknowledging any other bible verses which may disagree with your entrench opinion and I’ll post them 😌
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 22:40
    @rajk999 said
    God loves generous people like the Good Samaritan types
    So not you then 😁
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 23:20
    @divegeester said
    “Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
    1 John 4:9

Let me know if you’re interested in acknowledging any other bible verses which may disagree with your entrench opinion and I’ll post them 😌
    A bit more schooling and you would have figured out all by yourself that 'all-loving" and 'God is love' are not the same.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 23:21
    @divegeester said
    So not you then 😁
    Personal, Facebook type remarks.. you just cannot help it.
    I undertand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree