Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm refusing to respond to him any longer...
Lol.

I'm going to be on "ignore" again for asking questions.

😵

Moves
03 Jun 12

To both JW's here...

robbie carriobe said that the Bible "clearly states" that chrisitanity should be "progressive"in terms of "revising it's beliefs".

Please can you tell the forum which beliefs the JWs have revised that you consider worthy of being termed "progression"?

Thanks

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
It is interesting that you find it "a futile excercise" to answer straight forward questons about you religion...

...with straight forward answers.
actually Jesus himself was rather selective with whom he imparted knowledge to and
withheld knowledge from those whom he deemed unworthy or have you never read,

(Matthew 11:27) . . .neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone
to whom the Son is willing to reveal him. . .

(Matthew 21:27) . . .So in answer to Jesus they said: “We do not know.” He, in turn,
said to them: “Neither am I telling you by what authority I do these things.

shame for you that.

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

I'm refusing to respond to him any longer. He has proved what his motives are and in fact I would think only an apostate would continue on with this baseless badgering. We've given clear explinations as to the progress of the Witnesses and he has no desire to look into this on any level of reasonableness and just does not get it..
Its probably the course of wisdom and to be honest, it is rather tiresome.

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71
So in light of what was written in their own writings they believed that their lord/christ was already present and that the end of things would be in 1914 it appears.

PS: What a failure their invisible christ is for we don't see a world wide Kingdom of peace do we? No

Manny
you still have no idea what we teach with regard to who the generation is, do you, LOL
so you - make - it - up - as - you - go - along, interesting, but rather predictable!

Moves
03 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually Jesus himself was rather selective with whom he imparted knowledge to and
withheld knowledge from those whom he deemed unworthy or have you never read,

(Matthew 11:27) . . .neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone
to whom the Son is willing to reveal him. . .

(Matthew 21:27) . . .So in answer to Jesus they ...[text shortened]... d to them: “Neither am I telling you by what authority I do these things.

shame for you that.
Oh I see, Jesus is the reason you refuse to answer questions about 'revising your beliefs'.

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12

Oh I see, Jesus is the reason you refuse to answer questions about 'revising your beliefs'.
no your the reason, Jesus simply provides an excellent example.

Moves
03 Jun 12

no your the reason, Jesus simply provides an excellent example.
Is it me personally, or just the questions I'm asking that is creating this blockage?

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

Is it me personally, or just the questions I'm asking that is creating this blockage?
Its the concept of why? and what is the point? and there are so many more fruitful
things to do. All the evidence i have ever produced has simply been ignored or
misconstrued, taken out of context or misunderstood. One gets to the point where no
amount of evidence shall suffice and the whole exercise becomes pointless and its time
to move on.

Moves
03 Jun 12

Its the concept of why? and what is the point? and there are so many more fruitful
misconstrued, taken out of context or misunderstood. One gets to the point where no
amount of evidence shall suffice and the whole exercise becomes pointless and its time
to move on.
I've seen a lot of JW opinion, JW interpretation of scripture, JW backtracking on their prediction and the usual JW obfuscation. But I must have missed the post containing the evidence.

Moves
03 Jun 12

to move on.
Do you also believe as Galveston does that:

"The world ended in 1914, but on a level that we [the unwashed non JW sceptics] don't understand"...?*

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12

I've seen a lot of JW opinion, JW interpretation of scripture, JW backtracking on their prediction and the usual JW obfuscation. But I must have missed the post containing the evidence.
thankyou for illustrating my point.

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

Do you also believe as Galveston does that:

[b]"The world ended in 1914, but on a level that we [the unwashed non JW sceptics] don't understand"...?*
[/b]
The Bible states that what is termed 'the gentile times', ended in 1914 when Christ
was enthroned as the King of Gods Kingdom (according to the chronological prophecy) produced below,

(Daniel 9:24-27) . . .“There are seventy weeks that have been determined upon
your people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, and to
finish off sin, and to make atonement for error, and to bring in righteousness for
times indefinite, and to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet, and to anoint the
Holy of Holies.  And you should know and have the insight [that] from the going
forth of [the] word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah [the] Leader,
there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks. She will return and be actually
rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in the straits of the times.  “And after the
sixty-two weeks Messiah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the city and
the holy place the people of a leader that is coming will bring to their ruin. And the
end of it will be by the flood. And until [the] end there will be war; what is decided
upon is desolations.  “And he must keep [the] covenant in force for the many for
one week; and at the half of the week he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to
cease. “And upon the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing
desolation; and until an extermination, the very thing decided upon will go pouring
out also upon the one lying desolate.”

How this equates to your assertion, 'end of the world', I have no idea. It is
noteworthy that your statements in the past rely upon this kind of ill conceived an
inaccurate choice of term for their validity, i suspect that this is no exception. Why
do you want to know what we believe, you have no interest in becoming a witness.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

Your mind and ability to understand anything is stuck back in the 1800 -1900's for some reason. What's up with this thought process? Can't move into the present day or future?

How many scientist, doctors, politicians have made wonderous claims about the future even claiming that in just a few decades, years or even months something new and wonderful have no reasoning ability and the non ability to think beyond what an infant could process.
Nonsense. You continue to hold on to the 1914 prediction. Its just that the WT shifted it to say - Christ was the heavenly king after 1914.

That is not an explanation. That is a shamelessly dishonest lie.

rc

Moves
03 Jun 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nonsense. You continue to hold on to the 1914 prediction. Its just that the WT shifted it to say - Christ was the heavenly king after 1914.

That is not an explanation. That is a shamelessly dishonest lie.
if anyone knows about shameless dishonest lies, it must be you, were you not caught ,
red handed, posting excerpts from articles that you have not read, taken out of context
and misrepresenting the intent of the original, yes, on more than one occasion, so yes,
if anyone is an expert in promulgating lies and deceit, its you.