Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
First of all, its not a prophecy, its an attempt to understand Christs prophecy, which we
did not author and secondly, you are citing quotations from articles which have been
revised as our understanding has progressed, pity that you didn't take the time to
actually ascertain what out understanding is before you posted it, but then again, you ...[text shortened]... l, me, what is our present understanding of who or what
'the generation', of Matthew 24 is?
If Christ said A B and C will happen.
Then the JWs come and say A B and C will happen in 1914, then thats a prophecy .. you dumbo.

Thats not an attempt to understand. Its an obvious attempt to prophesy .. you fool.

rc

Moves
02 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
If Christ said A B and C will happen.
Then the JWs come and say A B and C will happen in 1914, then thats a prophecy .. you dumbo.

Thats not an attempt to understand. Its an obvious attempt to prophesy .. you fool.
no, we have originated no prophecy, we are trying to understand, who or what the
generation of Matthew chapter 24 is, you dumbo. we did not author that prophecy, we
are merely trying to understand it. Clearly you yourself have no idea as to whom it
refers or why whereas me and the Gman and all seven million JWs do, because we are
the chosen ones who have been blessed by Jehovah and you are not.

Didn't Jesus have something to say about others and calling others fools, guess its just
another teaching you are willing to ignore, its going to be roasty toasty for you Raji Paji
when Christ returns with an archangels call.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 12
1 edit

no, we have originated no prophecy, we are trying to understand, who or what the
generation of Matthew chapter 24 is, you dumbo. we did not author that prophecy, we
are merely trying to understand it. Clearly you yourself have no idea as to whom it
refers or why whereas me and the Gman and all seven million JWs do, because we are
the chosen its going to be roasty toasty for you Raji Paji
The only thing that Jehovah has chosen you and the JWs for is to make fools of you and your prophesies. You are false prophets and God has allowed Satan to fool the imbeciles who create your doctrines and prophesies. God dislikes the WatchTower people. If you were not so blind you would see that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 12

yes but our understanding is not that people who were born in 1914 are the generation
who Christ was referring to, you did know that, right?
I know they changed their mind and they could change it back. But I don't think that will happen, because they will need to come up with some humdinger of a story for that one.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 12
1 edit

the chosen its going to be roasty toasty for you Raji Paji
That was not the way the JWs say it when those dates were first put out. They claimed they could not change it because it was God'a time, back in the day.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
That was not the way the JWs say it when those dates were first put out. They claimed they could not change it because it was God'a time, back in the day.
Yes. I actually forgot that they said it was GOD'S DATES .. NOT THEIRS.

[quote]".. our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date... They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." Zions Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p.226

"Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present since October 1874, A.D., according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it: and the formal inauguration of his kingly office dates from April 1878, A.D." Studies in Scriptures Series IV (1897) p.621 [quote]

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jun 12

Originally posted by divegeester
This is what I asked robbie (but you responded - he still has not...!):

You mention "other so-called Christian churches" and make a list of what they believe now and how that makes them false in your eyes; what progression has the JW organisation specifically demonstrated where it once believed something and now it does not. E.I "progression"? ...[text shortened]... your Jehovah) to find the answer.

And you you say you are becoming tired of me - sheesh!!
You bet...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jun 12

no i have told you I am not going to participate in any capacity, enough time has
passed by for me to understand that its an absolutely futile exercise not only to
correspond with you in this regard but to hope that you will accept any of our reasons.
I'm refusing to respond to him any longer. He has proved what his motives are and in fact I would think only an apostate would continue on with this baseless badgering. We've given clear explinations as to the progress of the Witnesses and he has no desire to look into this on any level of reasonableness and just does not get it..

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jun 12

[quote]".. our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date... They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." Zions Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p. ...[text shortened]... y office dates from April 1878, A.D." Studies in Scriptures Series IV (1897) p.621 [quote]
Your mind and ability to understand anything is stuck back in the 1800 -1900's for some reason. What's up with this thought process? Can't move into the present day or future?

How many scientist, doctors, politicians have made wonderous claims about the future even claiming that in just a few decades, years or even months something new and wonderful is going to happen to change, improve, be better for mankind, and it never came true?
Come on man.....get off it. We have clearly explained this over and over and it's obvious you are really have no reasoning ability and the non ability to think beyond what an infant could process.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

One of the signs marking “the last days” would be “ridiculers [literally, players in sport (of mocking)] with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires [“own desires for ungodly things”; Jude 17, 18] and saying: ‘Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.’” (2Pe 3:3, 4) Obviously, such ones do not heed the advice of Isaiah 28:21, 22, warning of the grave danger of scoffing at Jehovah.

Jude 1:18
Amplified Bible (AMP)

18 They told you beforehand, In the last days (in the end time) there will be scoffers [who seek to gratify their own unholy desires], following after their own ungodly passions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jun 12

“There Will Come Ridiculers With Their Ridicule”

Despite the urgency of the situation, most of earth’s inhabitants are not concerned about the approaching “day of Jehovah.” They mock and ridicule those who warn them of its imminent arrival. True Christians are not surprised by this. They remember the warning recorded by the apostle Peter: “You know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: ‘Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.’”—2 Peter 3:3, 4.
What will help us to resist such negative thinking and thereby maintain a sense of urgency? Peter tells us: “I am arousing your clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, that you should remember the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles.” (2 Peter 3:1, 2) Our paying attention to prophetic warnings will help us to ‘arouse our clear thinking faculties.’ Perhaps we have heard these reminders repeatedly, but it is vital that we now, more than ever, continue to pay attention to these warnings.—Isaiah 34:1-4; Luke 21:34-36.
Why do some ignore these reminders? Peter continues: “According to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; and by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.” (2 Peter 3:5, 6) Yes, there are those who do not wish for Jehovah’s day to arrive. They do not want their lives to be disrupted. They do not want to be held accountable to Jehovah for their selfish lifestyle! As Peter states, they live “according to their own desires.”
Because of “their wish,” these ridiculers prefer to ignore that Jehovah has intervened in mankind’s affairs in the past. Both Jesus Christ and the apostle Peter refer to two such events—“the days of Noah” and “the days of Lot.” (Luke 17:26-30; 2 Peter 2:5-9) Before the Flood, people took no note of the warning Noah gave. Likewise, prior to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, in the eyes of his sons-in-law, Lot “seemed like a man who was joking.”—Genesis 19:14.
10 It is no different today. Yet, note Jehovah’s reaction to those who take no note: “I will give attention to the men who are congealing upon their dregs and who are saying in their heart, ‘Jehovah will not do good, and he will not do bad.’ And their wealth must come to be for pillage and their houses for a desolate waste. And they will build houses, but they will not have occupancy; and they will plant vineyards, but they will not drink the wine of them.” (Zephaniah 1:12, 13) People may continue to go about their “normal” daily activities, but they will not gain any permanent benefit from their hard work. Why? Because Jehovah’s day will arrive suddenly, and any material riches they may have accumulated will not save them.—Zephaniah 1:18.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

The Desires of Ridiculers
As noted before, the reason for Peter’s admonition is that some had begun to scoff at such warnings, even as Israelites of earlier times had mocked Jehovah’s prophets. (2 Chronicles 36:16) Peter explains: “For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires.” (2 Peter 3:3) Jude says that the desires of these ridiculers are “for ungodly things.” He calls them “animalistic men, not having spirituality.”—Jude 17-19.
The false teachers who Peter said “go on after flesh with the desire to defile it” are likely among these ridiculers who are without spirituality. (2 Peter 2:1, 10, 14) They mockingly ask faithful Christians: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”—2 Peter 3:4.
Why this ridicule? Why suggest that Christ’s presence may never occur, that God has never intervened in human affairs and never will? Well, by undermining the sense of urgency that permeates the Word of God, these animalistic ridiculers seek to lull others into a state of spiritual apathy and thus make them easy prey to selfish seductions. What powerful encouragement for us today to remain spiritually awake! May we keep close in mind Jehovah’s day and always remember that his eyes are upon us! Thus we will be moved to serve Jehovah with zeal and maintain our moral purity.—Psalm 11:4; Isaiah 29:15; Ezekiel 8:12; 12:27; Zephaniah 1:12.

Willful and Despicable
Such ridiculers ignore a vital fact. They deliberately ignore it and try to cause others to forget it. Why? In order more easily to seduce the people. “For, according to their wish,” Peter writes, “this fact escapes their notice.” What fact? “That there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; and by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.” (2 Peter 3:5, 6) Yes, Jehovah did rid the earth of wickedness during the Flood in Noah’s day, a fact that Jesus also emphasized. (Matthew 24:37-39; Luke 17:26, 27; 2 Peter 2:5) So, contrary to what ridiculers say, all things have not continued “exactly as from creation’s beginning.”
Ridiculers may well have mocked faithful Christians because these had as yet unrealized expectations. Shortly before Jesus died, his disciples “were imagining that the kingdom of God was going to display itself instantly.” Then, after his resurrection they asked whether the Kingdom would be set up right away. Also, about ten years before Peter wrote his second letter, some were “excited” by “a verbal message” or “a letter,” reputedly from the apostle Paul or his companions, “to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.” (Luke 19:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; Acts 1:6) Such expectations of Jesus’ disciples, however, were not false, only premature. Jehovah’s day would come!

GET the POINT of this last paragraph if you can............

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Jun 12

It has come to pass?

Who says so?
Sorry Correction I meant came and passed and was not fulfilled

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Jun 12

[quote]".. our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date... They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." Zions Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p. ...[text shortened]... y office dates from April 1878, A.D." Studies in Scriptures Series IV (1897) p.621 [quote]
So in light of what was written in their own writings they believed that their lord/christ was already present and that the end of things would be in 1914 it appears.

PS: What a failure their invisible christ is for we don't see a world wide Kingdom of peace do we? No

Manny

Moves
03 Jun 12
1 edit

no i have told you I am not going to participate in any capacity, enough time has
passed by for me to understand that its an absolutely futile exercise not only to
correspond with you in this regard but to hope that you will accept any of our reasons.
It is interesting that you find it "a futile excercise" to answer straight forward questons about you religion...

...with straight forward answers.