harmless fun?

harmless fun?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 May 13

is this new movie a bit of harmless fun? or offensive to christian beliefs? is it okay to poke fun at god, can he laugh at himself? is the fact that movies making fun of christianity can be made a good thing? would any of you guys ban films like this?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
is this new movie a bit of harmless fun? or offensive to christian beliefs? is it okay to poke fun at god, can he laugh at himself? is the fact that movies making fun of christianity can be made a good thing? would any of you guys ban films like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxA8LSP7MAI
Most Christians enjoy laughter. We are not likely to get hyperactive and attempt to cut somebodies head off because of something like this.

The instructor

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Most Christians enjoy laughter. We are not likely to get hyperactive and attempt to cut somebodies head off because of something like this.

The instructor
Life of Brian caused a lot of so-called christians to get their underwear in a turmoil.

Moves
17 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds

The instructor
oh are you sure? protests against 'the golden compass' included it being boycotted in certain parts of the u.s. the effects on box office takings were so big that the planned sequels were shelved.

jerry springer the opera also caused a massive outrage among christians.

was it correct for christians to protest? shouldnt they let people see the plays and movies and make their own mind up. how could they boycott a movie without knowing exactly what happens. all of the religious context of 'the golden compass' was actually removed in the movie so it wouldnt offend. but because people were aware of the book they made a judgement on the movie.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 13

Never heard of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 13
2 edits

The comedians may mock on. Just as long as they realize God may mock them in the end. The wisdom of God is personified in the book of Proverbs and speaks out on behalf of God.

"How long, O simple ones, will you love simpleness, and will scoffers delight themselves in scoffing, and will fools hate knowledge?

Turn yourselves at my reproof - Immediately I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Because I called and you refused; I stretched out my hand and no one heeded, And you neglected all my counsel and would have none of my reproof;

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when what you dread comes, When what you dread comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.

Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.

Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of Jehovah, and would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof;

They shall eat the fruit of their own way and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple will kill them, and the prosperity of the foolish will cause them to perish.

But he who listens to me will dwell securely and will live at ease, without the dread of evil." (Proverbs 1:22-33)

Moves
17 May 13

Originally posted by sonship

Never heard of it.
well, you have now.

Moves
17 May 13

The comedians may mock on. Just as long as they realize God may mock them in the end. The wisdom of God is personified in the book of Proverbs and speaks out on behalf of God.

[b]"How long, O simple ones, will you love simpleness, and will scoffers delight themselves in scoffing, and will fools hate knowledge?

Turn yourselves at my reproof - Immediate ...[text shortened]... ill dwell securely and will live at ease, without the dread of evil." (Proverbs 1:22-33)
[/b]
do you or your friends/family every make fun of each other?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 13

do you or your friends/family every make fun of each other?
Sure we do. I think anyone who gets married should better have a sense of humor.

That's what I advize people seeking a mate.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 13
3 edits

well, you have now.
That it caused "massive outrage" sounds like media hype though. Kind of like "Critics are raving ...!"

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 May 13

oh are you sure? protests against 'the golden compass' included it being boycotted in certain parts of the u.s. the effects on box office takings were so big that the planned sequels were shelved.

was it correct for christians to protest? shouldnt they let people see the pla ...[text shortened]... ouldnt offend. but because people were aware of the book they made a judgement on the movie.
I saw the movie. Not as good as the marina movies and those movies suck

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 May 13

Unless Christians are tied to chairs with their eye-lids taped open and
forced to watch its OK.

Actually - even if they are; it's still OK. 😀

Moves
21 May 13

That it caused "massive outrage" sounds like media hype though. Kind of like "Critics are raving ...!"
no, it defiantly caused a massive outrage. google it, its caused controversy where ever its been played.

Moves
21 May 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
I saw the movie. Not as good as the marina movies and those movies suck
i actually agree it was a pretty crap movie, shame because the book was okay. maybe if they had left all the anti religion stuff in it would have given the movie a bit of bite.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 13

So what film is this?

I'm not a fan of random youtube videos.