1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 17:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thanks. It's just gone down here. 00:15, fireworks still fizzing and popping around the neighbourhood and beyond. Thank you for a New Year's post that doesn't include the words "Satan", "hatred" or "dishonest". 🙂

For the first time ever, BOTH my two boys - 8 y.o. and 11 y.o., stayed up and we had a 'moment' just now. But off to bed they have gone, with Carto ...[text shortened]... ng. 12 hours or so, or more. And the same thing will happen all through next year. 😀
    I have still more than 5 hours left of the year. The champagne is outdoors for chilling, the candel lights are all lit, and they shine beautifully in the dark. The temp is around zero centigrades.

This is the time to conclude what's happened in the year of 2011, and decide what will happen 2012. Will the new year be better than the old one? Yes, I think so, only if we let it!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 17:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The temp is around zero centigrades.
    Getting on for 1 am here, 22 degrees C.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 18:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    PS: And hey, all you Americans out there: I will always have experienced MORE of the current year than you, all year long. 12 hours or so, or more. And the same thing will happen all through next year. 😀
    It's okay, FMF, we don't hate you for your closer proximity to the IDL.

😀
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 18:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Will the new year be better than the old one? Yes, I think so, only if we let it!
    Ummm, unfortunately, no.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, that much is obvious.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 18:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ummm, unfortunately, no.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, that much is obvious.
    If we let the new year of 2012 to go to hell, then you're right, but only if we let it.

However, I wish you a Happy New Year, nonetheless!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 18:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's okay, FMF, we don't hate you for your closer proximity to the IDL.
    You may not thinks so now. But what about 12 hours from now?

I am already there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree